Strike Three

Hits And Misses

"Well, it's lucky we had space for you young man, winning the league last yearreally boosted the interested in players wanting to join the team. I know your family are friendly with some of the coaching staff but you're gonna have to prove yourself to me and the other players so it doesn't look like you got in solely on association with the higher ups, is that clear?.", Kim Won-Hyeong was a fierce but friendly man, a veteran of the game. Pulling her hat down low, she had resolved to keep herself hidden by not making steady eye contact with anyone and using nods, head shaking and grunts to answer any and all questions. After a few more minutes, 40ish, he decided to leave the new recruit to get used to the stadium and get changed into his new kit. This was a new hurdle she would have to find a solution for, it was all very well getting changed in the shared room when it was empty but it would be hard to hide certain parts of her body from a room filled with her teammates after a game. Frowning as she thought, her hands moved automatically and she had her clothes off in no time atall, the uniform fit her perfectly and the chest binder she was wearing got rid of any clue to her true gender. Smiling as she looked in the mirror, she straightened her cap and made sure her hair was sufficiently hidden within it, she hadn't wanted to shave her head or cut her hair too short, so she'd opted for a shoulder length cut which was easily tied up and hidden in her hat as long as it wasn't knocked off.

It was so quiet here on the weekend that she could hear her heels clacking in an echoing rhythm on the varnished wooden floor as she walked along the familiar corridor to greet teh new player, arms laden with obligatory paperwork for him to fill in. Turning the corner, she and her papers were sent sprawling to the floor in a scattered heap by what felt like a human tornado. Cursing inwardly so as not to lose her ladylike demeanour, she got up into a crouch to start the long winded process of gathering up the newly created mess. Clumsy hands joined hers and warm fingers brushed momentarily against her own lukewarm ones as the person responsible for the collision helped gather everything together in a somewhat organised pile. Standing up slowly, her eyes travelled up the crisp uniform opposite her and settled on the handsome face of the team's newest recruit as he smiled and she felt herself colour. All she had to do was introduce herself and ask him to sign a few things after reading them, why was her brain so quick and yet so slow?, it was like she had lost the abiltiy to speak within the last 10 minutes and she stood open-mouthed like a guppy out of water. Finally the words found their way out of her motuh and she introduced herself a little too hurriedly, worrying all the time that she had mumbled and mixed everything into one long incohesive word. "Hello, My name is Kim Yongsun and I would like to welcome you to the Doosan Bears. There are a few more things you need to sign as a final stage of your contract with us, please follow me into the office Mr. Moon.".

Sat behind an immaculate black marble desk, everything was just the way she liked it. 'A place for everything and everything in it's place' her grandmother had always said and she had lived by that moral herself ever since she had first heard it. All stationary was neatly tidied away in a desk tidy and only the bare minimum paper was left out on her desk, the only other thing taking up space was her work's laptop and she sat at that moment sending email after email to various departments. The weekend was both a blessing and a curse, yes it was quiet and se was able to get on with her job more efficiently without constant interruption from colleagues who came in and out of the office, but all of the emails for Monday and the work schedules for the week ahead ran through her directly from management and so where others were free to enjoy their weekend with friends or lovers, she was stuck behind this desk steadily getting an ache in her thighs and bottom. In the middle of sending her last email for the morning and about to go for coffee, two people entered the room. The first she recognised as her friend from one floor down, Miss Kim, P.A to the head of human resources, and they exchanged a smile as she walked in with the newest team signing following a little sheepinshly in her footsteps. She bowed as she left the room to stretch her legs and get herself a coffee, leaving them free use of her desk and asently wondering what item Miss Kim would accidentally leave out of place on her desk this time. Collecting her styrofoam cupped coffee, her heels made a soft click on the flooring as she walked, although never quite happy with her lack of height, she never wore very high heels to work as she wanted to avoid unnecessary aches and pains in the arches and balls of her feet. Startled as she turned into her office by the seated figure of the new player alone at her desk, she almost spilled her coffee down her freshly laundered white blouse, she walked to her chair and sat down, depositing the coffee safely onto a coaster she had retrieved from her desk drawer. He kept his head down so she proffered her hand to him in welcome and took the opportunity to introduce herself to the broody but extremely handsome man sat with his eyes shielded from view by his cap. "Hello, my name is Miss Jung Wheein. I'm P.A to Mr. Kim Tae-Hyoung, Manager of the team. No doubt he will be seeing you shortly but please allow me to personally extend a warm welcome to the team and I hope you are here to stay Mr..?", she frowned, having not learned his name from her friend, she was at a loss until he spoke only three words in a deep voice which made her involuntarily blush. "Moon, Mr. Moon.", Wheein didn't know what she had expected from someone who flat out refused to make any kind of eye contact but she felt herself grow hotter and her hear leap as he said it.

He was always so lecherous, she hated having to spend even a minute with him but it was what she had to do to keep daddy happy and if it meant she was one step closer to her inheritance and a stake in the team, then she would keep enduring these meetings with Mr. Generic Baseball Manager and his wandering eyes. She couldn't help it, every time she left his office, she felt like she'd bathed in something disgusting and there was no way of cleaning it off anywhere near. As she shook his hand on the way out, she wished she could dig her nails into that perfectly manicured hand and leave a mark to show her dislike for him, instead she smiled and laughed at his every word and greeted the two people in Miss Jung's office, one was the plucky little P.A and the other was clearly a player in for his first meeting with that slimeball, good luck to him and don't forget to shower thoroughly afterwards young man. She lauhed a little at her own joke and left as quickly as politeness allowed her. In the car on her way home, she took a moment to relax and after she had had a quick drink of soju, she opened her phone's internet browser and checked for news of this new player. Almost immediately he appeared on her screen in a news reported laden with terms like 'Wonder Boy' and 'Prodigy', she had to admit she was intrigued and closed her phone with his face and name on her mind as her driver's voice came crackling through the speaker at her side, "We're here Miss Ahn.". Hyejin got out of the car one stockinged leg at a time, careful not to reveal too much of herself as she took the hand of her driver so she could stand. She wasn't as skinny as other girls and she was nowhere near as pale, but she embraced her curves and her caramel toned skin as an advantage and as she muttered his name over and over in her mind, she drew the same gazes from admiring men and jealous women alike. She may be the daughter of a multi millionaire baseball tycoon but she wasn't above dating a player who nobody would ever match her with in a million years, she had to find a way too see Mr. Moon again and she had to do it fast.