Happy Birthday Wendy!

Forever Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The normal 10-minute walk to Revel Coffee Shop became a 20-minute one for Sooyoung. She had to go to the council office first to coax Joohyun in going home alone. 

 

To her luck, the girl is still doing some paperworks and had promised her to go once the clock ticks five. 

 

As an alternative, she choose to power walk. Not really a problem for her though because of her strong and long legs. 

 

She catch her breathe for a few seconds before opening the heavy door. Upon entering, she received a warm greering from an employee named Minju. 

 

The whole place is reeking with the aroma of brewed coffee. Wendy is right. The shop is bright, spacious, well-ventilated and serene- perfect for studying. 

 

She observed the place more, it's not full of customers. There are few patrons, some reading books and typing away on their netbooks. 

 

What makes the shop more calming the is the soft blasting of it's speakers currently playing Sejeong and Doyoung's Star Blossom.

 

She noticed Wendy on the corner completely engrossed on reading some fiction. She blatantly stare at the girl, admiring her features. 

 

But maybe she stare for too long that she didn't notice Wendy is now in front of her. 

 

"Hey! Are you okay? Akala ko idi-ditch mo na ako."

 

Despite the strong aroma of coffee surrounding the area. She can still take a faint smell coming from Wendy. 

 

"Ay, ang bango naman nito" nasabi na lang nya sa isip nya. 

 

She smile apologetically at Wendy, "Sorry. Nagpaalam pa kasi ako kay la-- I mean sa friend ko." 

 

Nanglaki ang mata ni Sooyoung nang makaupo na sila sa table niya. Halos mapuno na nang iba't-ibang klase ng dessert ang table nila!

 

Tumingin naman sa kanya si Wendy na para bang nahihiya, "Sorry, hindi ko kasi alam kung anong gusto mo kaya umorder na ko ng sa tingin ko'y masarap." 

 

"T-teka magkano ang i-ambag ko Wendy? Nakakahiya naman." 

 

Wendy waved her hands at her frantically, "Oh! no need really! My mom said to spend however I want because it's my birthday."

 

"Kahit na nakakahiya pa rin. W-wait, b-birthday?"

 

Wendy smiled at her and nodded sheepishly. 

 

She asked again just to clarify, "Birthday mo pero nandito ka at tuturuan mo pa ako?" 

 

Tumango sa kanya si Wendy na parang wala lang, "Wala akong kasama sa apartment. Nasa ibang bansa ang parents ko."

 

Sooyoung frowned at that. She is a firm believer that birthdays should be spend the right way. She immediately stand up and goes on the counter. 

 

She bought a big cheesecake with the money she saved from her allowance a week ago. She also asked for a small candle from Minju. Aside from that, she whispered a favor to the beautiful employee. 

 

Bumalik sya sa table nila dala ang cheese cake na may si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter