Seungri

The Man With The Dragon Tattoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There was a legend among the community. They say that there's a vigilante group that stands for justice, for those who cannot defend themselves. Amongst its members was a tall lean man, who towers over the unfair men, a man whose burning smile could compare to that of the sun, a man whose fists were as solid as steel, and their leader - the legendary dragon, whose fangs were as sharp as a knife, body as slender as a snake, and eyes that could pierce your soul. They were fearless, the protector of the prey. 

 

Lee Seunghyun, mostly goes on by the name Seungri, is a tired Business Major student. His eye hangs were heavy, and his eyes were like two giant balls that would fall off if he so much as blink. He was running on nothing but coffee. And his reserves were emptying soon. 

 

It was then that he noticed the small cafe – The Loser's Cafe? What an odd name to give a business. It makes it sound like everyone who went there for a cup is a societal washout. If Seungri were to have one, he'll probably name it The Great Victor's Cafe, and build it near or in front of this Loser's Cafe just to spite the owners of it (yes, he was that petty). 

 

He looked at his empty cup and the Cafe's front door. 

 

He needs to study his routine for his extra dancing course, so it seemed to leave him no choice. He gave a loud and heavy sighed before walking towards the Cafe. The door jiggled upon his arrival, and several staff looked up - all of whom were draped in apron. There's a tall one mopping the floor just to his left, another with curly hair manning the cupcakes on display, a third one with very thin eyes cleaning up the table, and the most beautiful man he had ever laid his eyes on - fortunately, manning the counter. 

 

Seungri had to swallow his surprise in order not to appear as love struck as he felt. 

 

The man caught his eyes and by dear gods, Seungri could melt on the floor. The tall guy would probably mop him right after. The man gave him a small smile. It took Seungri a minute to compose himself to pull out his extroverted and easy-going persona. 

 

"Uh...hi?" He sounded unsure. 

 

"Hi." The man gave him another small smile before continuing, "Welcome to the Loser's Cafe. What would you like to order?" 

 

Seungri snorted when he heard the name. He couldn't help it. It really was so silly. "Sorry," he said when he noticed that the man eyed him with confusion. "It’s just that, we'll it's a bit odd to name it as such, yeah?"

 

"I kept telling you, Ji," the man manning the cupcakes said. Taeyang, his name tag says. 

 

Ji? Seungri thought and his eyes sought the man's name tag - there it says Jiyong. Dragon? What a lovely name. 

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes. "My cafe. My choices."

 

"I thought this was our cafe?" The man who was earlier cleaning some table said as he walked towards them with a tray of empty cups, Daesung - is what his says. 

 

"Well, you agreed so it's done now," Jiyong said before giving another smile to Seungri. 

 

Seungri can't help it, his cheeks colored with a faint taint of red. "Ah yes," he said, for lack of thing to say. 

 

"So? What can I get you," Jiyong gave a pause, his eyebrow went up as he waits for the customer to say his name. 

 

Seungri coughed, in an attempt to compose himself. "Seungri," he said, still unable to look at Jiyong's eyes without getting caught at them. 

 

"Ah. Victory," Jiyong smiled. He wrote the name on the cup, "I like it."

 

Seungri gave a soft smile too, "Thanks....me too?" God, he was such a loser, he probably belongs in this cafe too. 

 

"So?" Jiyong asked, "Mocha? Cappuccino?" 

 

"Ah, Latte. With extra milk." Seungri said. 

 

"Hmm, okay." He placed down the pen and turned his back to prepare the coffee. 

 

"Ah let me—" Daesung was usually the barista but one glare by Jiyong made him shut his mouth. He coughed and exited towards the kitchen. Taeyang smirked at Jiyong, who was clearly infatuated, before following Daesung to gossip about their 'leader'. 

 

"Here," Jiyong said, placing the cup towards Seungri. Seungri smiled, thanking him. He reached out for his wallet when Jiyong's hand wrapped around his. "On the house," he said with a wink. 

 

Seungri knew that his face could probably rival a tomato with how hot his cheeks felt. Gods, that smile, plus that smirk? It's something else. He couldn't explain it, but it just...it made it hard to breathe. 

 

He nodded before turning. 

 

Before he could go, however, Jiyong caught his arm. "Call me," he whispered in his ears. 

 

Seungri couldn't do anything but nod before all but ran outside the Cafe, heart pounding, begging to jump out from his ribcage. Is Jiyong trying to kill him?! He can't be cute and handsome and seductive at the same time!! 

 

 

It seems like Seungri was out of luck, as Finals and his Dance Presentation was set on the same date! Fortunately, they aren't scheduled on the same times God forbid, Seungri didn't know what he'll do if that was the case. 

 

It was past midnight when all of his activities were finished. He was exhausted, beyond comparison, that the only thing that was pushing his feet to move was the promise of his worn-out bed with dirty sheets that he forgot to change. It's not like the sheets were filled with or anything. When he's stressed, he likes to eat popcorn and chocolates. And those – they stain. 

 

He was walking back to his apartment when it happened. It felt like the world darkened even more. There were yelling, echoes of grunts of people getting beat up. Seungri's chest tightened as his mind filled with scenarios all of which, he knew he'll end up as the unfortunate victim. Out of all the days that the gangs could have their little war, it has to be now?!

 

Seungri immediately melted his body towards the nearest wall and patted it as if he was a blind man who forgot his cane. He walked slowly towards the echoes of pain. He was an idiot for doing so, he knew that. But he can't help it, he was born a curious cat. The need to know was embedded deep within his system. 

 

He peeked by the alleyway where he was sure to be the source of the sounds. And he was graced with the most majestic sight he could barely dream of. 

 

There stood, a man with a large tattoo of a dragon sculptured divinely on his back. On his feet lay the defeated bodies of his enemies. He was roughly covered with splashes of blood - of which Seungri was sure none belongs to him.

 

Seungri wanted to softly touch the markings on the man's back. It was so...it was like a painting that came to life. He could almost hear the dragon's roar, almost feel its warm breath by his face. He was itching to touch its scale, to mark the man as his. 

 

Woah!!!! Wait a second. Where did that thought come from?!

 

Upon realizing what he had done, Seungri ran away, faster than he could before. Fortunately, the man wasn't able to see him, or else Seungri knew he'll beat him up for sure. Who knows what those gangs were thinking?! 

 

 

 

The following day, Seungri called Jiyong and he agreed to meet him up. They set a date and met on a local restaurant. 

 

They clicked instantly. Their conversations flowed like river. Seungri was surprised as he was expecting a bit of awkwardness at first, like all his attempts had gone through, but it didn't. It just...they were perfect. 

 

"So why did you go to Business school?" Jiyong asked after they eat their lunch. 

 

"Well...it's what my father wanted, to be honest," Seungri was a bit ashamed for being one of those cliché kids who was like soldiers to their parents, who follows every command. He wanted to appear strong, desirable for someone like Jiyong, but he’s not isn't he? His current single status, despite of his many attempts at sparking a relationship, just proves that. 

 

"My parents also wanted something different from me," Jiyong said, eyes focusing on the swirling motion that he was making on his milktea drink that Seungri recommended. The guy has a thing for sweets. Jiyong found it cute, very, very cute. 

 

Seungri remained quiet, urging him to continue. 

 

"But I can't give them that," Jiyong said, finally looking back at Seungri, his eyes flashed with contained pain, a pain he had learned to live with. "I'll be lying to myself if I ever did," he said, cryptically. 

 

Seungri wanted to ask what it was, but he wasn't sure if it'll be appropriate or not. 

 

Jiyong was like a mind reader, he pinched the cute guy's cheeks before answering, "they wanted a wife for me," he grinned, and took Seungri's hand before kissing it.

 

Seungri blushed, he blushed so ing hard he thought his head would burst. He quickly hid his face with his other hand, the one who wasn't caught in Jiyong's embrace. "Stop it, hyung," my my my, is he really trying to kill him?!?! Seungri's heart was fluttering wildly as if he just ran a hundred marathon. 

 

Jiyong laughed before kissing Seungri's hand repeatedly. He loved teasing him! His panda just reacted so predictably to everything. He was cute, in every way. And Jiyong loved him, with all his heart and soul. That he wanted to tell here and there that he was the legendary G Dragon, and also propose to him. Why not do it in one day, right? He was never known for being patient anyway. 

 

But Jiyong wanted to be sure. Yet he doesn't know how to approach it. How would you ask the love of your life, your soulmate, if he could accept you anyway? All of you? Even the ugliest, most disgusting, part of you.

 

Luckily (or perhaps not?), Seungri did that for me. "Actually, you know, I saw a gang fight on my way back last week," he said, as if they were two gossiping teenagers. 

 

Jiyong's grip hardened as he feared the worse. His eyes immediately scanned Seungri for any sign of injury. He found none. However, that doesn't slow down his heart rate. In fact, perhaps it even made it faster. 

 

Seungri was too lost in his own head, like he always does when he's telling one of his so-called episodes. "I didn't saw everything, per say, just the aftermath, I guess? They're already done when I got there." 

 

"Why didn't you run away?" Jiyong asked, playing innocent. And of course, that's what he'll want for his maknae, to not be caught in any kind of violence. He doesn't want him to ever get in the middle of something he can't handle. Seungri is many things, but a fighter he was not. And Jiyong couldn't forgive himself if anything happened to him. 

 

Seungri's cheeks colored with a faint mark of red. "I was a bit curious? Anyway, it was bloody! There were so much blood," He said, finishing his drink. "I ran away of course, I fear that he may have seen me, though." 

 

"Who?" Jiyong felt as if his lungs had stopped working and he can't breath. 

 

"I'm not updated on gangs and stuff. But, he had this weird, actually huge! Like it covered the whole of his back. It was," his eyes glazed, caught in his daydreaming, “a dragon tattoo.”

 

Jiyong spluttered and spilled his drink. The pearls in the milktea that he sipped earlier spluttered out from his nose. He immediately hid his head on the table as he choked on his drink. 

 

Seungri immediately stood up and helped him. "Ji?? Ji?? Jiyong?? Are you okay?!" He was panicking. He took all of the tissues available and called for the waiter. 

 

"I'm okay, I'm okay," Jiyong said, well try to say, as he continued coughing. 

 

"Are you sure?" Seungri, bless the poor kind-hearted man, helped his date up and guided him to the bathroom. The waiter, upon their leaving, quickly made his way to clean the table. 

 

Seungri opened the door and helped his date towards the sink to help him clean up. "What happened?" 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter