breath

A love from afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Alone....alone...alone with me?..... in the same room?...

The walls feel like it's slowly closing in, its dark, and quiet, only the sounds are of her breathing and my heart is heard. No one else mattered at this moment, only her and me, and it's killing me. I stare deep into those familiar brown eyes, then looked to her hands, no longer clutching onto my brothers, but instead my own, almost out of desperation and want. I released her grip as if it burned me, and then the room got smaller.

Breath....don't let her affect you......breath.....

with a heavy sigh, I averted my attention to the people behind me, and they silently agreed to leave the room, I then stared at eric, and his eyes were looking at me with worry and sadness. He got up to his feet and left with the rest of the people, too afraid to say anything... coward. No words were exchanged, only the mutual agreement of what she needed right not. to talk to me.

Once they've left, I gave my attention to who wanted it the most. I walked to the couch and sat right beside her with closed eyes, not ready to see the look of her tears spilling out, 

....breath....please...just breathe... but I didn't.

"say what's on your mind. Let it out. I'll listen" if she wanted to talk, I'd listen to whatever sweet lies she'll say. Probably along the lines of I'm sorry and I still love you blah blah blah.

I opened my eyes, and there she was--eyes red, tear-stained cheeks, mouth hung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter