#3 The Departure

Perhaps, Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4 November 2019

 

Tae Yeon:

I want one

 

Ji Yong: 

The official launch is 23rd November, wait until then I will send you a pair.

 

Tae Yeon:

Can't you send one over earlier? :poutface 

 

Ji Yong: 

Ew don't act cute in front of me please. But no, I can't. 

 

Tae Yeon:

Don't be rude, Ji. I know you like it when I act cute. Anyway, I told Soo Man sajangnim about our collab. He wants to have a meeting with you at SM this coming Wednesday on 6th. 

 

 

Ji Yong:

Wait hold up Yeon. That's too fast. I LITERALLY JUST GOT DISCHARGED FROM ARMY A WEEK AGO.

 

Tae Yeon:

You literally said "Let's have it now" a week ago. Are you trying to run away AGAIN? 

 

Ji Yong:

Just Kidding. Will be there :)

 

Tae Yeon:

Better be. If not the shoe isn't the only thing you have to give me. 

 

 

6 November 2019

SM Entertainment

 

I sat in the meeting room, feeling more nervous than I did when sajangnim was announcing the members for SNSD. Sajangnim and BoA unnie sat opposite me as we await Ji Yong's arrival. Part of the reason for feeling nervous is because I was still afraid that Ji Yong will not come, even after he had promised he would. However, that wasn't the main reason. The main reason was fear of what was going to come after this. Will the media and fans take this collab the way we perceive it to be? Or will it be an absolute flop? As I immersed myself in my own thoughts, Ji Yong arrived. He looked and me at smiled, before greeting. 

"Good morning Sajangnim, and BoA noona." Ji Yong greeted respectfully. 

"Hey, I'm a director too Ji Yong!" BoA joked. Ji Yong was about to apologise before BoA laughed it off and told him to sit. However, Ji Yong held his hand, signaling that he had something to say before sitting down. 

"Before sitting down, I would like to offer my most sincere apology to both of you, and to the other directors whom are not present today. 4 years ago, I was being unprofessional. I thank all of you for not making a big fuss at that time and also, for giving me another opportunity to have a collaboration with Tae Yeon again. I promise that I will put in my best effort to ensure the success of this collaboration," Ji Yong apologised and bowed. 

I looked at Sajangnim and BoA unnie, who both smiled. Sajangnim spoke, "Okay, today's meeting is over." BoA was laughing and nodding approvingly, leaving both Ji and I flabbergasted. 

"I don't understand Sajangnim, didn't you want to meet us to discuss about the collaboration?" I asked. 

"That was never the point of this meeting." BoA replied, and continued: "The whole point of this meeting is to see if Ji Yong will apologise for what he did 4 years ago. The board of directors and sajangnim, without a doubt trust that both of you will do fine musically. No, not just fine. Both of you will do great musically. We were just afraid that history will repeat itself. With Ji Yong's apology and promise, we can now go ahead with this collaboration." 

"I expect a lot of things Mr Kwon. But I know that you can do it. Please take care of our Tae Yeon. SM's facilities are at your full disposal for this collaboration." Sajangnim added. 

"Thank you! I will not let you down, sajangnim. And you too of course Boa Noona!" Ji Yong promised. 

"What about me?" I joked, pouting. 

Ji Yong made a face that look like he was going to vomit, but sincerely said "Yes, I will not let you down too Yeon" 

"You sure you guys are not dating?" BoA asked.

"UNNIE!" 

 

 

 

After the meeting, Ji and I went to the recording studio to do some experimentation on what we were going to do. Even though that was our initial plan, we ended up spending most of the time gossiping and talking about other stuff not related to work. After all, we had 4 years of catching up to do. 

"Okay Yeon, work. Let's gossip again later," Ji Yong said, trying to get into his work mode. He added: "Sorry Yeon, but you know me. I told you many times before. Once I'm doing work regarding music, I will do it with no distractions." 

I nodded. We started our discussion proper. Just an hour into the discussion, we had come up with the projected timeline of the collaboration, a short demo of the song, and the lyrics for the first verse. I was amazed at how much we accomplished. To be absolutely honest, to see Ji so locked in in his work is ing hot. 

"Let's take a break Yeon, we did quite a bit," Ji Yong said, stretching his arms behind his back. 

"Ji, that's insane. I have never hit so many objectives in just an hour's time." I admitted. He laughed, and just shrugged it off.

"We click well musically Yeon, that's why. I will finish the rest of the song by next week and send over." Ji Yong added. 

"So how are your plans right now, moving forward? I was not kidding. SM will welcome you with open arms,' I asked, really hoping that Ji and the other BigBang members will join SM. 

"Creating our own label. Plans for it are already in action. Once Youngbae and Daesung are discharged from the army on the 10th, their contracts with YG will officially expire as well. Seung-hyun still needs more convincing, but the rest are already on board." Ji Yong replied. 

"That's great JI! Finally taking charge like you need to," I said playfully, nudging him. "But will you be promoting under your new label for our collaboration? The timeline we just set is due for January 2020. Do you have enough time to ensure your label is up and running by then? It's a logistical and administrative nightmare if you are only planning to start your own label right now." I added, worried. 

"Don't worry Yeon," Ji Yong said with a smirk. "Already considered that issue. I convinced Teddy Hyung. The Black Label will break away fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter