#2 The Past Revisited

Perhaps, Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

26th October 2019 

 

'Thank you VIPs for welcoming me back. Now as a free man, I will do my best and continue to work hard for everyone.' I said to all the fans who were waiting for me in front of my military base, tearing up in the process. It was such a bittersweet feeling, being welcomed by all the fans again. I was definitely glad that I was discharged from the military and can go back to doing what I love. However,  that also means I have a descision to make - Should I continue with YG and BigBang?

 

As I walked with my security detail to my car, my phone buzzed. It was Yeon. I waited till I was in the van before replying her. 

'Ji Yong, do you want to drop by YG? Or straight home?' My manager asked. 

'Home. I need a break first hyung, don't try to overwork me the first day I'm back,' I joked. He laughed and nodded as we got in the van heading towards my place. 

Tae Yeon:

Congrats Ji! Finally a civilian, no longer a soldier aye!

 

Ji Yong:

You feel bad for not texting me when I enlisted right! That is why you are texting me right now. But still, thanks Yeon :)

 

Tae Yeon: 

Stop trying to make me feel bad! So what are your plans now? 

 

Ji Yong:

What plans?

 

Tae Yeon:

You know what I'm saying! Don't try to avoid the topic Ji. Your plans with YG. I was not joking at Sulli's wake you know. You are more than welcomed to join SM. No one will fault you for leaving the dumpster fire that you are returning to, especially with everything that happened. 

 

Ji Yong:

I really don't know where to move on from here. I have a collaboration with Nike and a fashion show with Chanel coming up. I guess I will decide after that. 

 

Tae Yeon:

You haven't change a bit in this regard, still as fickle minded as ever. We need to talk. Let's meet up. I'll be at your private villa in Incheon in an hour. 

 

I sighed. I wanted to avoid this topic as long as possible. I want to be loyal to YG. I really want to. But the recent events that happened definitely made me reconsider. The trust that I had for Seungri and Hyun Suk Hyung when they said they were merely doing business was gone. Chae-rin left the company, and Dara noona told me she would as well when her contract officially ends. Seunghyun doesn't really want to do music anymore, Youngbae just wants to have a peaceful marriage life and Daesung is okay with anything as long as he gets to promote in Japan. 

I closed my eyes. Thinking about my future plans only resulted to more stress. My head hurts. I told my manager to re-route to my villa at Incheon instead of my apartment in Seoul to meet Yeon later. 

'Why the villa? Kiko is coming to visit? Or Jooyeon?' My manager teased.

'No,' I replied, grinning, for I know my answer will surprise him. "Taeyeon is coming,'

'That's a name I haven't heard in a very long time. Wait, I thought it was over? I don't recall y'all meeting up in this past few years,' 

'Please hyung, what do you mean over. We were never together! Just best friends,' I said, exasperated. 

'For real?? Then why were you so adamant to let the other members know about this?' My manager wondered. 

'Seriously hyung? Me and her? If people were to know about this it will be crazy. They will not think that we are just friends. That's why I only hang out with Hara and the rest in a group.' I reasoned. 

My manager didn't reply but I could see he wasn't convinced. I didn't bother explaining myself either. 

 

 

Ji Yong was being stupid again. 

2 weeks ago at Sulli's wake, we started sharing what we went through over the past 4 years. It was great. I definitely missed having a friend that I could share things with and get alternative viewpoints. However, his bad habits still didn't change one bit. He is, till this day, the most indecisive person I ever met. Like damn it Ji, can't you just make a decision. We argued over this in the past, and it seems like we are going to argue about it again. After hearing what he shared regarding the whole Seungri and YG incident, the decision he has to make is obvious. He needs to leave that dumpster fire immediately. I don't understand why it is so hard for him to come to a decision. Even if he chooses to stay, I'm okay with it. But he still needs to make a choice. 

It was so frustrating, but I knew I couldn't convince him to come to a decision over text. And that is why I have decided to meet him outside, hoping to be able to change his mind. His villa at Incheon is probably the most remote place near Seoul that I know. After all, I didn't want anyone to see us together - I don't want to deal with another situation like Baekhyun all over again. Upon nearing his villa, I noticed that it was different from what I remembered. What the hell, Kwon Ji Yong. There are security stations outside his villa similar to those in between cities in Korea. I wondered for a moment if he had moved house, but one look at the villa clearly shows its his, with the words 'GD' imprinted at the gate. I drove to one of the stations before I was promptly stopped by a guard. 

'Good afternoon Ma'am, we are not expecting any guests today. The owner of the place is not in as well, please head back,' The guard said.

'Call your boss, he is definitely coming here. If he says he is not, tell him Kim TaeYeon of SNSD is going to tell the whole world that she is pregnant with his kid.' I said sarcastically. The guard was flustered and told me to wait while he called Mr Kwon. 

 

Ji Yong:

Are you crazy? Pregnant with my KID? Please Yeon THE GUARD ACTUALLY BELIEVED YOU.

 

I chuckled. I guessed I was not sarcastic enough. I saw the guard hurriedly ran out from his post and allowed me to enter. 

'I'm sorry Ms Kim. I was not notified of the arrangement by Mr Kwon. Please accept my apology,' The guard apologized, bowing. I nodded my head, saying it was not a problem. 

"But Ms Kim may I ask, are you really pregnant?' 

I sniggered. "No I'm not, didn't your dear boss Mr Kwon tell you?" 

"He did, but he was denying it so vigorously that it made me wonder if it was true instead,' The guard confess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter