#1 The Wake

Perhaps, Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14th October 2019 

 

Breaking News: Sulli Passes Away 

Singer and actress Choi Jin-ri, better known by her stage name Sulli, has passed away.

According to the Seongnam Sujeong Police Station, Sulli’s manager found her dead at her home in Seongnam of Gyeonggi Province on October 14 at approximately 3:21 p.m. KST. Her manager went to her home after being unable to get in touch with her since their phone call at about 6:30 p.m. KST on October 13.

The Seongnam Fire Station also stated through a phone call with Dispatch, “We received the report of her death at about 3:20 p.m. She had already passed away when we arrived on scene.”

Born in 1994, Sulli debuted in 2005 as a child actress and then in 2009 as a member of f(x).

We offer our sincere condolences to Sulli’s family and friends.

 

 

God dammit, Goo Hara, please answer your phone.

"Annyeong! You have reached my voicemail-"

I threw my phone on the floor in fustration. Sulli just commited suicide, and Hara is uncontactable. What is going on with my life again? After everything that happened with Seungri, I was not sure if I'm mentally capable of dealing with such a helpless situation again. It was at this point my phone vibrated and i saw a text message popped up, 

 

Ga-In:

Hara is with me, Ji. We are going to the wake right now, let's meet there. 

 

A wave of relief swept over me. I sent a reply to ga-in noona

Ji Yong:

Gomawo noona.

 

Hara is fine, everything will be ok. I kept reassuring myself while I grabbed my clothes from my wardrobe, changing quickly to head down to the wake as soon as I can. However, tears started dropping uncontrollably as the truth started to sink in. Jin-ri was dead. One of my closest friend just commited suicide. When Jonghyun passed away 2 years earlier, I felt sad that the industry lost such a talented man, but his death never affected me on a personal level.

Today, it was different.

Today, I felt pain. 

Today, I finally understood the emotions felt when someone you love and cherish greatly leaves you forever. 

 

 

 

I can't believe it. Sulli is dead. 

'Taeng, are you okay? Please tell me you are okay.' Heechul asked worriedly over the phone, after he broke the news of Sulli's passing. 

'I'm.. fine. Let's go to the wake together,' I replied, fighting back my tears as hard as I could. I think heechul oppa could sense that I was breaking down, as he told me he will be at my place immediately and ended our call abruptly.  

First Jonghyun, now Sulli. I hate my life. I missed how everything used to be 10 years ago. I missed it when life was easy, when all i had to worry about was my career. Now, it . My career is doing well, but am I doing well? 

It was a rhetorical question that I already knew the answer to. 

 

 

 

 

Upon reaching the wake, I went to pay my last respect to Jin-ri first, before sitting down with the rest. I have to commend SM - they ensured that the wake was extremely private. There were no reporters outside the funeral hall at all, and the security team ensured that the surrounding vicinity only had at max one reporter from any news or media company. 

I came with Youn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter