Chapter 3

A Journey Together

 

From Jong Oppa:

Dongsaeng! How’s work? Is he giving you any problems?

 

To Jong Oppa:

Not bad! Just managed to get him to take a nap. Your hyung would be proud of me, no? lol. Have fun taking over the world!

 

From Jong Oppa:

You too! Don’t stress yourself too much. Will say hi to your fav oppa. :P

 

To Jong Oppa:

What are you talking about? You’re my favorite.

 

From Jong Oppa:

Oh please. I saw your face when you saw him. Want me to tell him?

 

To Jong Oppa:

YAH OPPA! HAJIMA. Chebal. I just like his voice. Besides, I don’t think he’s my favourite.

 

From Jong Oppa:

Don’t worry I won’t. wink I was just joking. Saranghae! See you soon. Miss you already.

 

 

HyoJin’s smile had a tint of disgust and humor, as she looked at the last message. “Boyfriend?” She looked up from her phone. Kibum was leaning side wards on his seat, still in the same position he had when he was sleeping. HyoJin pressed the lock button her phone when she saw that Kibum’s eyes were open and looking at her. “When did you wake up?” He shifted in his seat a little, replying, “Your squeal shook me up a bit. Was his message that exciting?”

 

HyoJin was a little lost as to what her reply should be. ‘Divert.’ “What makes you think that I have a boyfriend?” she asked in an incredulous tone. “You squealed! And that look on your face,” he said, motioning his face at hers, “please. That’s the face of a dating person.”

 

“1, I didn’t squeal because it was a message from my boyfriend. 2, my boyfriend would probably be really whiny about my job with a male idol, and that would be really irritating. But it’s not really a problem for me coz 3, I don’t have one… anymore,” she said, with a little sadness in her third point. Kibum stiffened. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked. We’ve just started working together.” She shook her head and smiled. “It’s ok. The assistant is supposed to have a bond with her boss, no? Besides, I want to be like a right-hand woman to you, so don’t mind being open to me. The only way this relationship will work is if we both open up.”

 

Kibum’s head cocked back a little. ‘Relationship? She makes it sound like we’re dating. Huh. But she reminds me of the hyungs.’

 

Flashback

 

“Confide in us, ok? Don’t keep it in yourself. It’s not healthy.”

 

“I’m like your new father, you can trust me.“

 

“We’ll always be here for you, you got it? Don’t forget us!”

 

“I’m your new manager now. Hopefully we can work well together. Don’t treat me as a foreigner. Right now, each other’s all we got.”

 

 

“Kim Kibum-ssi?” Kibum jolted out of his thoughts. HyoJin looked at him with a questioning face. “We’re here,” she smiled. He looked around. They’ve arrived at the filming sight near Seoul. “Koenchanayo, Kim Kibum-ssi?” she asked when she noticed that Kibum had spaced out for a while. He simply smiled and said, “Koenchana.”

 

The place was mesmerizing. In lieu of the super romantic date that the characters DongWook and Minji were supposed to have, DongWook could not show up for the date, leaving Minji all alone and unaware at the venue. Soohyun shows up at the venue to find Minji shivering in the autumn wind. Soohyun spends time with Minji, to give her the most memorable birthday she’s had.

 

While filming, Hyojin decided to take a tour of the place. Coming to Paju to film a restaurant scene doesn’t happen everyday, and not all Koreans have seen all of Korea’s beauty. So coming to the English Village, Hyojin decided to have a look at the place that she had only seen in dramas. Looking at Kibum’s schedule, she set an alarm for the interview that was to take place before they left the shooting site. The manager had arranged for a series of questions to be answered and avoided, along with the answers that came with the assigned questions. She took her bag and walked off the set after informing Kibum of her plans. Kibum couldn’t care less. He had so many lines to focus on. But nevertheless, she couldn’t wonder far because of his scripts and plans in her bag. Her only mission during her wandering: a coffee and snacks for Kibum to recharge before the interview.

 

The halls were so beautiful, making Hyojin feel like she was in “Boys Over Flowers” herself. ‘Ah, Kim Bum.’ But so much for touring. She had to keep track of time. After having a quick walk of the village and snapping a few photos, Hyojin headed for the café. She decided to settle down and familiarize herself with Kibum’s schedule. ‘1st day on the job; I should see how it’s like.’ With a latte on the table, Hyojin whips out the planner and goes through it. ‘Oh my gosh. Is this what oppa’s schedule is like too?’ Filming… filming… interview… fan meet… ooh! A dinner! No wait. It’s a charity dinner in a village? ‘What the…. This seems a little low for an idol, no? Hmmm, he must be really kind to agree to this.’ More fan meets for the drama… more interviews for the drama… KBS, MBC, SBS, Stylem, Yonhap, K Scene Magazine, 10 Magazine, radio guesting at night, etc. ‘Glad that this role got him more attention. I feel sorry that he didn’t get as recognized as before. Well enough of this, questions time.’

 

There were so many restrictions to Kibum’s answers. Hyojin spent the afternoon memorizing the questions that she had to stop the interviewer from asking. The most common (and rephrased) question: “So Kibum, when do intend to return to Super Junior?” Anything related to Super Junior, the interviewer was not allowed to ask. ‘Why so sensitive?’ Hyojin felt a sudden sadness in her. Being an E.L.F. herself, she also wanted to see the whole band come together as the 13 stars again. ‘If only “Superman” were true.’ She closed her eyes and leaned on the café window. Her tiredness engulfed her, and she fell into a really deep power nap.

 

When she finally did wake up, it was because of an employee who shook her up. Her phone alarm was going off and customers were annoyed. Her dazed state disappeared in a sec when she realized that her phone alarm was actually going off. ‘40 missed calls! What time is it? 7PM!’ She grabbed her stuff and headed to the counter to get Kibum’s coffee. As she waited for the food to be prepared, she was urgently calling Kibum, in the hope that he would pick up quickly. “YAH! NEO EODINYA!”

 



 

I seriously apologize for my boring chapters. I'm still tryign to build the storyline.