Chapter 6

A Journey Together

 

“Boo!” Hyojin jumped in fright. “Whoa! When did filming end?” The cast and crew were at the beach to film a scene. Hyojin had told Kibum that she would be with Jihoo at the jetty. The two were just enjoying themselves, listening to their own music and doing their own things. Well, Jihoo was resting under a tree while Hyojin was sitting near the jetty, organizing documents.

“We’re taking a break, because the sun is too hot and bright for the filming right now,” Kibum said as he sat down next to Hyojin.

Hyojin let out a sigh. “Your filming is almost over… It’s been interesting working with you for the past 2 months, Actor Kim!” She patted Kibum’s head. “Here; lunch.” Hyojin woke Jihoo up and handed him a bento. As for Kibum, all he got was a salad.

“What the heck. Can’t I have more?” Kibum whined at his “lunch”. “No” was all he got from Hyojin. “I’ve been feeding you so well that the company has put me on diet duty for you.” Hyojin opened up her bento, which was the same as Jihoo’s: sweet and sour pork. Kibum looked at her bento. Saliva was practically flowing from the side of his mouth. She ate cautiously, glancing once a while at Kibum. She had to be careful that his fork didn’t attack her food. Kibum was eating his “pathetic excuse of a lunch”. He had no choice but to stay on the diet for a month, since Hyojin used band mate Shindong as a role model. “If he could do it, so can you.”

“It’s just til the end of this week. Just a few more days,” Hyojin said, trying to cheer him up.

“Dwaesseo. You don’t have to try and cheer me up, you food Nazi.”

The sea breeze blew against them, and unsuspectingly blew Hyojin’s papers. She put down her lunchbox and ran after the papers. Kibum, taking advantage of the situation, picked up the lunchbox and started to sneak pieces of pork into his mouth. Relieved that she managed to pick all the papers up quickly, she turned around only to be enraged by what she saw. “YAH! PUT THAT DOWN!”

Kibum got on his feet and started running out to the jetty with the box. Papers still in her hand, she chased him for the box. “Kim Kibum, why couldn’t you wait just a few more days?” her disappointment was evident when her chasing slowed down. Instead of running, she was just walking towards him. “It’ch chust a pew chays,” Kibum replied with food in his mouth. He hadn’t bothered to run anymore, seeing that she had given up. But he held the box high, when she reached him.

“I thought I’d be proud of you. I was really hoping that you would resist temptation especially for the last few days,” giving it another try, she jumped and reached for it again. He raised it higher with a smirk on his face. She reached up again, but in vain. All of a sudden, she lost her footing and fell forward onto Kibum. He too lost his footing and fell backwards. Unfortunately for them, they fell off the jetty and onto the wave breakers! “wooOOOAAAAHHH!”

Jihoo got up immediately and ran to them. “Hyojin-ah! Kibum-ah! Koenchana?!” Hyojin opened her eyes to look around. She had landed on top of him, being cushioned from the concrete breakers.They were lying in between breakers. “Koenchanayo?” Hyojin shook him. His eyes opened, but he didn’t look at her. He didn’t move. “Yah, koenchana? Don’t scare me!” "I can't move."

Hyojin got off him and moved beside him. “Hyojin-ah. Neomu appa.” Only his mouth moved. Her eyes widened as she saw that he wouldn’t get up. He just wouldn’t budge. “Hyojin-ah, I can’t move. I don’t want to move. It hurts too much.” He shut his eyes tightly as he felt pain stinging up his back. A tear fell down the side of his face.

“KIBUM-AH! OPPA! CALL AN AMBULANCE!” Hyojin screamed in anxiety to Jihoo was looking from above. Jihoo quickly whipped out his phone and dialed for the emergency hotline. “Kibum-ah! Stay with me!” Hyojin put her hand to his cheek. He opened his bloodshot eyes to look at her. Her wet eyes stared at Kibum’s teary eyes; her other hand holding his. “Mianhae, Kibum-ah. Oh my g**. I’m so sorry. Please be ok.”  Kibum’s face stayed the same emotionless, with only the eyes expressing that immense pain he felt as he looked up straight to the sky. Her grip tightened on his hand when she felt his hand trying slowly to clasp hers. “Hold on- Kibum-ah. Help is on the way. Oh my *** what have I done?”