Chapter 9

A Journey Together

 

Hyojin’s hands shook as they were placed on her shaking legs. She was waiting for Kibum outside the representative’s office. She couldn’t take it anymore. “Excuse me, I’ll be walking around the building,” she informed the secretary. She didn’t want to sit there in suspension any longer. Months since the accident, Kibum was called into the office today and he hasn’t been out for twenty minutes already. Both of them were worried that this was concerning Kibum’s inability to finish the drama’s last scene well. In the end, the scriptwriters changed the plot so that ‘Soohyun’ got into an accident. Soohyun told Minji to not have pity on him and chase after Dongwook since she loves him so much. ‘Perhaps they have a lot of talking to do.’

 

To: Kim Kibum

Kibum-ssi, I’m headed to Super Junior’s studio. Call me when you’re done.

 

She headed to the one room she knew well: Super Junior’s studio. She waved into Exo’s room, seeing the band practicing while the injured Kai was watching him. The boys stopped their practice and bowed to her. She opened the door to bow to them. Kai started to get up, but Hyojin stopped him. “You just rest Kai-ssi,” she said as her hands were stretched forward to stop him. “You need to take care of yourself, huh?” From his sitting position, he bowed slightly. “Noona can just call me JongIn.”

 

“Noona is Super Junior’s assistant, right?” Chanyeol said to her. “I saw you at SuKiRa remember?”

 

She shook with a smile. “I was just a temp for them. What are you guys practicing for? I didn’t know that a dance show was scheduled soon.”

 

“M! Countdown special performance,” Leader Suho replied.

 

Hyojin was surprised, “Wow! You guys are doing well!” She went to sit down with Kai. “Not well enough,” Kai commented.

 

“Eh…. You guys just debuted! Your fan club is quite big, trust me,” Hyojin smiled. “Does Noona know our fan club?” Her eyes widened at the question. “I’m sorry I don’t.”

 

“Eh… Mwoya? Noona’s commenting on our fan club but you don’t know even know the name?” Chanyeol said loudly in disbelief, earning a smack from Suho. Before she could create any more trouble for herself and Chanyeol, she excused herself and left. “JongIn-goon, take care! You’ll pull the team down if you get even more injured.” The boys chuckled at her advice. “Haha maybe she’s that exotic!”

 

Hyojin proceeded to Super Junior’s studio, but was disappointed. Seems like the band was out. She headed back to the representative’s office, taking out her phone to Google “e-jeo-ti-keu”. While waiting for the phone to load, her eyes were suddenly covered. “Nugu araji?”

 

She smiled, knowing who that voice is. “Henry-ssi.” The hands moved away from her face. “You still remember, huh?” “Of course. You’re one of the few who have that foreign Korean voice,” she replied with a smirk.

 

“Noona!” Henry whined as they continued to walk to the representative’s office. “Mwol bwayo?” He looked into the Google page and frowned in fear. “Noona, why are you searching on ‘Exotic’?” His eyes showed suspicion. She saw the top of the Google page that had the definition of the word:

Originating in or characteristic of a distant foreign country.

 

She frowned in confusion. “Why am I like a foreigner?” she asked Henry. He sighed, but remained confused, “Who told you that?”

 

“I said something to Exo-K’s Kai, then the boys laughed and said that I might be that ‘e-jeo-ti-keu’. So I looked it up naturally,” she said blankly.

 

“EH?!” went the mochi. He scrolled down the Google list and saw the EXOTics fan club. He had a sour look before replying in annoyance. “I think they were referring to their fan club.” She took the phone and looked at the search result. Her head bopped back in shock but nodded after. “Makes sense. They’re supposed to be aliens right?”

 

Henry laughed loudly and slung his shoulder around the Noona. “I thought you were researching on how to be y and then wondered why EXO would call you y hahahahaha.” “YA NEO MOCHI! Clean up your polluted brain!” she exclaimed as she knuckled his head hard.

 

He hugged her from behind to stop her knuckling. “Arasseo arasseo! Noona saranghae. Nan jal mothaesseo!” She gasped and tried to break from the hug. “Yah museun soriya! Let go! People are gonna talk!” Henry continued laughing at her attempts and Hyojin smiled at his giddiness. “Museun iriya?”

 

The couple looked at the owner of the voice and their smiles dropped. They collected themselves next to each with their hands by their sides. “Hi, hyung,” Henry bowed to Kibum and said in English. “What’s going on here?” Kibum asked in English, with a little frustration in his voice.

 

“Henry-ssi was accompanying me back to the office. Super Junior wasn’t in, so I was heading back here and he surprised me,” Hyojin explained. Kibum stayed silent while the energy-packed dongsaeng started to shake from standing still, ‘This is so awkward…’ “So how did it go? What did he say?” Hyojin asked.

 

Kibum ruffed his hair with a grunt. Hyojin saw it as a bad thing and went up to him to comfort him. “Is everything okay?” Henry asked in English.

 

“Koenchana. We’ll work something out, whatever it is,” Hyojin said. Kibum started chuckling and burst out laughing like a mad man. “Ya…. This hyung is at it again,” Henry realized. Hyojin was looking at Henry in confusion. “What do you mean ‘again’?” “Congrats, hyung,” Henry said to Kibum as they chest-bumped. Then they returned to the awkwardness. What to do? They weren’t THAT close.

 

“I GOT A PART!” “Huh?” Hyojin asked. “They got me a part in a new sitcom! I’m acting with Park Yejin!”

 

“AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!” Hyojin screamed and ran on the spot with her arms opened. Kibum laughed and placed up his hands. Hyojin kept giving him high fives while running on the spot. “Saesange! I thought you were getting a scolding,” She managed to say when she had stopped her running and calmed her breathing.

 

“Igeo mwonji?” they heard Henry say with his arms crossed. He pointed at them. They looked at the direction and saw that their hands were holding each other. They let go of each other. “Let’s have dinner together; my treat!” Kibum said. “Henry, come on.” They walked out of the building with Kibum’s arms on their shoulders and the biggest smile on Kibum’s face. “Henry, has Hyojin told you how we first met?” he asked in English. The blur girl could only look at Kibum and ask the boys why her name was mentioned.

 



 

This is such a filler T.T Hopefully there's more to write when his drama starts. I have plans, but I don't know how to proceed. Will look at the stars involved first. :) Please be patient with me :/ Don't forget to subscribe and comment! A fanfic author thrives on encouragement/critique through comments.