4.00

This isn't Hell

Sehun never liked clubs that much, but he couldn’t help but go out every single night; he’d wake up late in the afternoon, get ready, get wasted, play pool and darts until dawn then start the same routine the next day.

It’s been years since he started to live like this.

His father hated this; he once barred Sehun from partying all night long, but it only aggravated him more. He started getting involved in petty fights out of spite towards his father.

“Now, luv, you know I’m a little busy,” Chen said sweetly to the whiny girl sitting on his lap. Her attention rapt on him, fingers circling the button on his shirt.

Chanyeol smirked and walked over to the pool table. He grabbed two cue sticks from the rack and propped them up against the table, “Alright, let’s play,” he looked briefly at Sehun, “You start,”

Sehun picked one and leaned towards, gliding the cue past his fingers.

 

I’m a little busy.

 

Her voice rang on his mind. His grip on the cue tightened, along with the muscle of his jaw, as he’s trying his best to focus.

 

Rearrange your schedule.

 

He aimed to hit a blue ball into the pocket, but missed. "." He cursed under his breath.

Sehun is beginning to be affected by the irrational aloofness that Haru fluctuates.

 

“You alright?" Chanyeol teased as he walked over to the pool table to make his turn. He took a shot, and knocked the yellow ball into a pocket.

Sehun took another shot and missed. Chanyeol’s face fell. He was biting his lip staring intently at Baekhyun who seemed to notice the tension. 

He was clearly frustrated with something although Baekhyun and Chanyeol wasn’t sure what it was. 

“I think we need to take a break,” Baekhyun said. A simple statement with concern—no accusation.

“Chips?” He asked, slightly pushing the ceramic plate towards Sehun across the pool table.

Sehun sighed, an angry, impatient sound; Baekhyun didn’t think it was directed at him. He looked like he wanted to say something, but stopped, turned away, clenching his jaw, then turned his gaze back to the table.

He gripped the pool stick a little too tightly and within a split of a second, Sehun smashed the plate with the stick, breaking it into pieces.

The girl sitting on Chen's lap gasped, head turning almost immediately. "Alright," Chen tapped her shoulder, "Time to leave," he said, holding her hand and walking her out from the private lounge of the club. He motioned that he'll call her later before closing the door.

Kyungsoo stared at him across the table, his expression carefully left blank. He could see that Sehun was struggling to maintain his composure.

Sehun raked his fingers through his hair roughly. He leaned down and picked up his leather jacket, slinging it over his arm.

He walked towards the door, and a moment later he was gone.

 

 

*A few days later*

 

It was 9 in the morning. Unusually, though, Sehun walked up to her table and sat in front of her, lazily. Jolting a bit at the realization, Haru blinked at him, dumbly smiling at the serious look on his face.
“Morning,” he murmured.

“Good morning,” she returned. She felt incredibly awkward, with him staring her face and realizing his group of friends staring intently at them.

 

“Do you have my number?” he asked her, while Haru looked at him in silence. They didn’t speak for a few seconds and he sighed.

 

“Yes, I do,”

 

He gave it to her yesterday even without her asking.

“Then, why didn’t you call me?,” he asked again, eyebrows raising.

 

It’s not the first time he initiated a conversation with her. At first, she thought he was being friendly. But every single time, when she’s around him, Sehun looks at Haru before doing whatever he has to do, even when Haru was not involved in it. Once he’s done taking care of his business, he talks to her. At first, it started with innocent questions such as "when is your birthday?" or "what type of food do you like?" that she answered plainly but politely. Then, he started to stare at her intensely, even if she caught his insistent glance he won't look away and she’ll be the one to break the contact.


“Ah,” she muttered after a brief pause. “Sorry, I was busy,” she lied.

 

Sehun wasn’t satisfied with the answer, “Girls always call me back,”


Stunned, Haru just stared at him, ridiculously. “I see,” she settled seconds later, not knowing the right response to his statement.


They both fell silent, and Sehun’s face grew hot in embarrassment. He realized he said something stupid, and quickly retracted back, “Hey, what I meant was, ah, I always get a call,“ he stumbled, then decided to change the topic of the conversation, “By the way, you have really nice hands,” he commented, out of nowhere.

 

Her expression must be blatantly obvious because Sehun shuts his lip tight, his face grew increasingly hot from the awkwardness.

 

//

Baekhyun screamed in disgust, throwing his handphone on the table. He leveled an impressive glare on Sehun for a moment, “You've been friends with me for years and that's the best you can come up with?,” he asked curiously. "Do you have a hand or something?"


Suho gagged impressively. “You have beautiful hands, ” he mimicked Sehun. “Who says stuff like that,”


“Shut up,” Sehun grumbled. “I can’t do this for a month. It’s best to get it over with quickly,” he added.


“It’s a bit impressive isn’t it?” Lay trying to contain his laugh. “That girl, keeping a straight face while he was spewing out cheesy things. I would’ve laughed,” he said slowly, because offending Sehun is never the best way.

 

The boys shot Lay a glare and turned to Sehun.


Sehun groaned in disgust, pulling a face. His breath left him in a gusty, annoyed sigh. “Its already been 8 days and she’s still playing hard to get,” he said crossly. “I need to resort to some other ways if she keep up like this,”