6.00

This isn't Hell

Day 12

 

“I didn't think you’ll take it that far,” Baekhyun chimed in, “Don’t you think she's going to find out the truth?”

“She won’t. I’m too smart to be caught.” Sehun clasped his hands behind his head, looking very confident. “A win’s a win, doesn't matter how I do it,” His bruised lip still hurts, but the closeness of his victory triumphs the pain.

Kyungsoo just shook his head in mild disgust. “That’s creepy. You , that’s worse than a stalker.” He glared down at him, unapproving.

Baekhyun’s smirk was stretching on his face; his deep brown eyes full of mirth and deviousness. “That’s the game,” he said, “I’m so glad this turned out to be entertaining,” his arms snakes around Sehun’s shoulder, “You’re doing your best,”

“Now that you’ve established yourself as her saviour,” Kai chided, “What’s your next move?”

There was a long beat of silence before Sehun finally smiled and—surprising himself and Kai. “I’m inviting her to the party next week,”

“You think she’s gonna come?” There’s a hint of unsureness in Kai’s voice. “She didn't peg to me like a party person,”

Sehun took out his phone and penned a small text. He then raised his phone a little higher, “5 seconds, and she’ll text me back,” He said confidently. He lifted his left hand, and started folding in his finger one by one as the second passed by.

True to his words, his phone chimed a few seconds later. The rich heir’s face morphed into pure happiness. “Well, ,”

“Woah,” Baekhyun exclaimed, “As expected of Oh Sehun,” he claimed proudly.

Sehun’s smirk was deep on his face. “I told you. No one could resist my charms. And besides,” he paused, his eyes crinkling in obvious glee, “She’s too easy for me. I know she'd fall for my charms sooner or later. It just took a little nudge.”

"Nudge my . You went the whole way." Kai teased.

"Yeah, whatever." Sehun dismissed cheerfully.

 

 

//

 

 

Day 18

 

Sehun's seeing Haru today at the party. This is not a rare occurrence these days, as he started to get close to her for the past few days.

He likes her presence, but they’re not friends. They’re not—Sehun doesn’t really do friends.

 

He’s always reminded of the reason he got involved in her in the first place.

Sometimes they study together and Sehun tilts his head and patiently waits for her eyes to finally land on him. He likes the way Haru doesn’t talk much yet doesn’t take any crap.

Sehun isn’t necessarily overcome with fiercely protective feelings for Haru, but there’s something about her that makes Sehun want to never see her upset about anything, ever.

He didn't notice it, yet, but it’s written all over him. He felt less cold, only by degrees, but anything less than his absolute stoicism was obvious. He walked differently, talked a little differently. His gaze didn’t pierce like it used to, a manner of liveliness had returned.

It's in their LINE conversation, too. Late-night text of random crap, worried questions marks, morning greetings and goodbyes. Call logs with four-figure timestamps and links to new restaurants in the city.

 

**


New Year’s Eve was always a crazy party. Deafening music, people, dancing, food, and booze. Haru meandered away from the food, finding that she had no appetite anymore. In fact, all she wanted to do was go home, now. Sighing gustily, she headed through the crowds to try and find her only friend, knowing she couldn’t very well leave this early into the party. Besides, she’d promised Minzy that she’d stay, and that woman would never let her go home this early. Minzy was dancing when Haru found her, attempting to do justice to the 2NE1 song.


Watching Minzy dance, though, Haru had to admit that it’s probably okay to let loose, to have fun sometimes.

Idly she glanced round the area, and she saw red cups being passed over. Haru was the type that gets really drunk after just a drink. She didn’t know what on earth possessed her, but before she knew it, she was chugging down the booze. By her second cup, she almost felt like her mind had become disembodied.

//



Haru stumbles along the club, body leaning against the wall for support. Her eyes closed, mind elsewhere, she moves slowly before groaning and starting to slide down the wall. Suddenly, two arms caught her and pulled her to her feet, twisting her body to face them.

Sehun rarely attended these sorts of parties; he preferred black tie affairs with champagne. As some kid in a backward baseball cap and colorful running shorts bounced past with a cup of alcohol sloshing precariously in a plastic cup, Sehun could only roll his eyes. Spotting Haru in the crowd, he made his way in that direction.

 

“Hey,” a voice cut through the air, hands moving to clutch at her shoulders, shaking her lightly.

Not opening her eyes, “Great party,” Haru slurs, feet unable to keep her body still.
“You’re drunk,” Sehun said, trying to contain the chuckle in his voice.
“M not, I can hold my liquor,” she said sluggishly.
She sighed out a long breath, her head feeling heavy.

 

"How much have you had to drink?" Sehun assessed her, taking in her red cheeks, glassy eyes and unsteady stance.

 

She held up one finger. Sehun crossed his arms, looking down at her. Haru frowned, then held up another finger, then slowly opened up all five fingers. "This many," she said.


“You want to go home?” Sehun asked, feeling a little concerned, but still a playful silly grin plastered on his face. It was a rare sight, seeing Kim Haru, the uptight, being completely drunk, and unable even to stand straight.


“Mmmm,” she muttered softly.
“What?” Sehun asked, inching closer, failing to hear her from the loud obnoxious music.

She nodded; her head tilted slightly upwards to look at him. Under the colorful lights, his skin changed from green to red to blue, but his eyes, remained pitch black.


Haru stared at him, her eyes turning slits due to the flashing lights, before launching forward, her head bumped his chest, “I feel funny,” she breathed out, her hands tugging his shirt.


He tipped her chin up, “Can you walk?” he asked her, his fingers brushing away her hair from her face.


“I’m fine,” she said, struggling to stand on her own, “I’ll take the cab home,”

“Not when you’re this drunk, you can’t. You can barely stand up straight,” Sehun laced her right arm around his neck, holding her hand tight, before wrapping his remaining arm around the Haru’ waist, “I’ll take you home.”