Beginning.

At Doldam.

Things between them confused EunJae. She has no idea what kind of relationship they are in. 'Are we colleagues? Yes.... what a dumb question Cha EunJae! Are we friends? Erm.... we should be.... Are we more than friends? We kissed! He made me a spare key! Then what's next? This is so frustrating!' Her thoughts messed her mind whenever she bumps into him. WooJin made no move eversince. There had been no skinship. 'No! I am not expecting anything!' EunJae tried to calm her pounding heart down whenever she thinks back of their kisses and hugs. She then decided to confront WooJin directly.

"What are we?",EunJae stopped WooJin at the coffee vending machine when she spotted him. "What do you mean?",He asked. He knew what she's asking but he has no answer to that. The loansharks came by again. He has other matters more serious than relationship. He didnt want her to be involved with his burden. WooJin woke up his idea of having happiness, that tiny moment he felt happy when EunJae cared for him. "So, you are acting dumb now huh Seo WooJin. Fine!",She stomped off. His heart ached, he wanted to hold her back. He decided not to, for her sake. 

WooJin took a step back and hide when he saw a young patient sitting next to EunJae by the corridoor. "Noona, do you fix feelings too? Why not date me? Im rich." The boy's sentence made WooJin frown. He subconciously clenched his hand into a fist. "Dont utter rubbish...",EunJae replied and walked away. WooJin's eyes held sadness seeing her backview. The occassions increased. He'd heard about the young boy's fervent pursuit from almost everyone. He had also caught enough sights of the two of them chatting up. EunJae was beginning to smile at him. He didnt like it at all. His heart ached. It was only when the kid attempted to steal a kiss from EunJae got WooJin riled up. He stopped that incident. He thanked god for giving him this chance.

"What do you think you are doing kid?!",WooJin lifted the boy up by the collar of his patient gown. "Let me go! You are dead for messing with me! Let me down! Who are you!", the VIP shouted aggressively. "You should be dead first for messing with what's mine...",WooJin hissed on the kid's face. EunJae's expression changed from shock to relieved. She grinned,"Okay. Its enough. Let the kid go. How old are you Seo WooJin... And you Mr.VIP, get back to your room too." The kid scrambled off. "What's yours?",EunJae probed. WooJin showed his answer by pulling her into his arms, hugging her tightly. He murmurred,"You..."

----------

Doldam Hospital has been busy as usual. There were countless emergency operations. Back to back, everyone barely able to breathe. The newly minted couple rarely cross path although they communicated through text messages. Finally the busiest Friday ended. The pair met at the empty ICU counter after checking up their patients. "What are you doing this weekend?",both asked each other in unison. "Nothing, why?", both answered the same together. They chuckled at their perfect coordinated sentences. "You say first.",again they asked together. EunJae giggled out. WooJin watched her fondly,"Dont be so pretty.... i might cross the other line..." EunJae curious eyes widen in shock when she heard him say "This" and felt his lips on her cheek. She flushed badly,"We're at work Seo WooJin!" "There's no one...",He walked away suavely. He hasnt felt happiness since then, where his parents left him with a pile of debts. Kim Sabu dug him out from hell and mentored him. Cha EunJae is officially his girlfriend. Both of them brought him light, warmth and peace. He thought he will never meet such emotions but he did.

----------

Her eyes blinked when she see him at her door step. She was caught off guard. One hand on the door handle, the other holding her cosmetic palette.She wanted to look good to him at their first date. She tried to hide her embarassment, he saw everything. He smirked at her. WooJin took her hand in his as they walked towards the busstop. He didnt want her to drive nor does he wants to drive her car. It was a heart fluttering bus ride to town. WooJin never once released EunJae's hand. Her small hand in his feels just right. They had lunch and walked towards the park. The weather was cooling. They enjoyed more quiet time as they sat at one of the many empty benches.

"My father signed my mom and i off as guarantors when he took a loan from the illigal money lenders. The interest got too big, his business wasnt picking up either. He could not see a turning point. He made a decision to end our family misery. He died, my mother died. I survived physically but was not let off in the realistic world.",WooJin shared his deepest secret. He wanted her to know what had happen in his life and what might happen going forward. He wants to be truthful to her. Although he has a feeling she might know a thing or two already regarding his personal burden. He held his head low, his hands tightly held together. No woman would want to be with a man with financial burden. If she decided to leave, its best she do it now. He's not sure if he could take the hit later on. Cha EunJae breaks him easily. 

EunJae listened well with a small smile. She placed her hand on his. He looked up at her when she intertwined her fingers with his. It was a firm assurance. She did not say much. She wanted to give him her silent support. "You're not alone...anymore...",her words touched him immersely. "You met my mom. She's the typical upperclass housewife. My siblings and i are raised in such family. I had many regrets with going along with my parents demands, my brother and sister competetive nature. You know my suffering most. But I met you. You made things much easier for me. I met Kim Sabu. I met Doldam. Now, i'm so glad i endured on to meet every single one of you..." WooJin smiled at her words. "She's beautiful i must say...." His sentence surprised her. "My girlfriend takes after her mother..." EunJae blushed ten folds. "How many times can you flush red and stutter in front of me Cha EunJae?",WooJin secretly likes it. Loud screams broke their lovey dovey moment.

----------

People were swimming towards the middle of the lake where a girl was seen struggling. She was pulled out when WooJin and EunJae got to the site. WooJin immediately carried out CPR on her while EunJae checked her pulse and other vitals. They were calm and fast, knowing what to do in sync. Those crowded around them watched in awe at the pair. They were sent to Doldam Hospital. The girl was saved. "Dr Seo and Dr Cha was there. You are lucky. Life is precious. Cherish it. Its not the end of the world.",Kim Sabu gave the girl a piece of his mind when she woke up.

Her name is Hana. She's a chaebol from a huge family. Her name is widely known among many. She's young, rich and smart. WooJin entered her room to check up on her. Her eyes were locked on him. "How are you feeling? Everything seems ok, you can be discharged after a few days of observation. Have a good rest.",WooJin explained her condition in detailed. Hana felt a difference in him. He was not looking at her with eyes of heart. There was no other emotions other than doctor and patient. She hasnt felt this way before. No guys hasnt fallen for her at first glance. Yet this guy was not even interested. He triggered her curiousity. She wants his attention. She'd introduced herself but he didnt even bother to ask more. Hana called her secretary to check on his information.  

"You know... i can clear your debts. Just be my boyfriend.... This is a good deal. You dont want to miss it. You are the first i offered. Free money and a rich girl. You wont pass it, right? I like you.",Hana confessed confidently. She saw the data prepared for her belonging all to Seo WooJin. He's a capable surgeon. He has a deep scar. She could feel his pain. Her family are always talking about money while he's here alone earning his own keep. This is the kind of man she wants. Not the cold house she returns to everyday. Hana didnt noticed the pissed look on WooJIn's face.

EunJae happened to walk pass and heard Hana's confession. She shook her head. 'This girl might have some chance with Seo WooJin if she has kept shut earlier....' Hana didnt realised she has stepped on WooJin's tail. "I have a girlfriend already. Excuse me.",WooJin was trying to contain his anger. He dislike people who disrespect the privacy of another. He hated those who used people weakness as their gain. "I know.. Cha EunJae... right? How is she comparable to me? So what if she's from a family of doctors? Her family barely make the cut into our realm. Im definitely prettier, wealthier and smarter. She cant even operate without medication. What a loser!" Her words cutting into WooJin's skin. "So? You are still not her. And i only want her.",WooJin said it bluntly at her face and walked off.

His expression changed in seconds. He saw EunJae standing there looking at him with a smile. She heard him. Hana saw both their faces and that angers her. She didnt like how WooJin's face lighted up at EunJae's presence. Hana made a bold move. She pulled WooJin back and kissed his lips. The event ended in a second. WooJin's reaction was instant. He swang her off him and cursed. EunJae frowned. He walked off, grabbing her along. Hana stared angrily at their backs. "Disinfect.",WooJin said. "Just take it like another CPR training class...",EunJae teased. She saw everything from the beginning. There's no misunderstanding eventhough its hurts and pissed her off when someone else kissed her boyfriend openly. Before he could say more, her lips captured his. EunJae laid her trust on WooJin. He felt her strong faith in their relationship. "I'm kinda thankful to her... otherwise you wont kiss me at all... i'm always the one kissing you first....",WooJin was being playful to EunJae.

----------

"Have you guys heard the rumor?",WooJin said out while he's in the changing room of Seoul Hospital. The doctors around him were surprised he initiated a conversation. They know not to mess with this superior skilled part-timer. "What rumor Dr. Seo?", one of them asked. "Dr. Cha has a boyfriend already...",WooJin said and left the room with a smirk, not replying other questions asked by the heartbroken few. His girlfriend definitely is a man-magnet. At the other side of the hospital was also replaying similar scene. "Girls, i heard Seo WooJin is taken.",EunJae shared with those who asked most about her boyfriend. The day at Seoul Hospital was filled with whisperings about who the both part-time doctors are dating. The answer was revelaed at the end of their working shift. WooJin extended his hand to EunJae who was waiting for him at the lobby. She took it with a smile. No one could pin point any wrong at the pair. Both a re top students in medical school, skilled in their repspective speciality and equally good looking. They matched perfectly.