Intercept.

At Doldam.

[The day she couldnt stop shivering during anatomy class. They were in the same group. Her eyes were in daze, her breaths irregular. The memorable part, she puked on his dust coat. She didnt forget to apologise before fainting. His reaction was instant. He ran as fast as he could out of the building with her lifeless body behind his. The wind during spring greeted them. She started sobbing. He waited til she's alright. He's been watching her. At her last sigh, he went for her lips. That was his first slap from a woman...]

She could still feel the closeness of his face; the day he stole her first kiss. Looking at her hand, it was also that day she slapped someone for the first time. "You didnt know? He's been blacklisted. For you know all kind of reasons. But because he can work, he's being informally hired back. Hey, are you two still in that sort of relationship? Back then, you guys were famous!" She ignored her senior's question and left their cardiology staff office. As she walks on, her fingers traced the contours of her lips. Infact, one thing she wont deny was that he helped her through college days. His practical skills were superb. While he avoids everyone in school, he extend his arms to her when she asked whether he would like an alliance.

WooJin was the laughing stock of everyone. Both nurses and junior doctors disrespect him. Everyone around him disses him. It didnt bother him much. He's here to earn money for a living. He did nothing wrong. He made the surrounding silent with his unfeeling respond to those who initiated hostile conversations out to shame him. They were further angered by his nonchalant attitude instead. EunJae saw it all, heard it all. Her eyes soften at his distant back view. She doesnt want to admit but she knows WooJin isnt what people said him to be. 

----------

An intertwined mistake sent them to Doldam Hospital. They met again. The playful her got played instead when she tried to sneak an attack on the sleeping WooJin. "Ah!" She got a scare when his eyes opened, centimeters away from hers. "Mpmh! Im sorry Im sorry!" EunJae's face was like a ripe tomato. "Hey! Let go!" She exclaimed when WooJin locked her wrist and pulled her back towards him. Her eyes widen. She felt nervous under his deep stare. The moment he lossen his grip, she took off immediately. Pressing her fast pumping chest, she kept cursing at herself. "Again!" The same guy took her second kiss. Back in the staff lounge, WooJin's eyes remained at the door she escaped from. He's attracted to her fiery spirit. He heard alot about her since their college days. He observed her. Her eyes when they met his held so much resistance and purity. She excel at bargaining but even more so at admitting her mistake. He knew then that he has a majot soft spot for this girl who looks as if times are always good but infact endured much to walk to today.    

EunJae was injured for preventing a bigger incident from happening. WooJin saw it coming but could not stop it in time. He dashed to her side before she hits the floor hard. He kept calling her name as he pressed her bleeding wound. He kept calling out her name. She heard him loud and clear. 'EunJae!' He kept his eyes on her. It was the same feeling. Like the time his mother gave up on her last breath. He was at a lost and wanted to find Master Kim. She grabbed his sleeves. "What!?" WooJin shouted. Dr. Jung got a shock at his outburst while attending to EunJae's neck wound. Her hand loosen and circled around his pinky finger. She didnt want him to go. She dosent know why is she reacting this way. "Im gonna call Master Kim! I'll come back!" Her heart beats at his strong yet quivering voice. EunJae was lucky given that the cut was not deep but still require stitches. WooJin fixed her up nicely.    

The loansharks found WooJin. They tracked him down. It was late at night. EunJae made a detour back when she saw them looking up for him previously. "Whats with your problem? This is a hospital." EunJae asked as she took her place infront of WooJin who was bruised from their obvious punches. "Move away. Go home. Heed our advise young aspiring doctor. Stay away from him. He's drowned with debts." She looked at WooJin and back to the gangsters,"So what? And i am asking again, what's with your problem with him?" The money lenders sniggered at her. "Why? Ask his dead parents. The idiotic father of his managed to kill himself and his wife but didnt feed enough to kill the son. They went to hell together, leaving behind their only son to clear his debts with us." She heard enough. "Leave now or i'll call the police." They left warning WooJin they will be back for him soon. "You okay?" She asked when he rejected her help to get him up from the floor. "Yea, used to it." His reaction made her sigh. "Dumba*ss." WooJin looked at her curiously when he heard her. EunJae ignored his stare.

----------

She looked up for cases on family suicide. In Korea, such cases are considered brutal and often made big on the news. She found his name. She read all related articles. She finally understand why he's always talking about money, doing things for money. Everyone only saw the surface. She was guilty for that too. WooJin was glad there was no pityness form EunJae. He knew she must have known his background by now. She's still her competative mode when they work together. She's still not dating. Her calls as usual, always ended with "Mom, i'll call you back later."   

EunJae has been watching WooJin secretly. "Its our rest day tomorrow. Any plans?" She asked curiously. "Why?" WooJin felt her adnormality. "Nothing... Wondering if you want to moonlight if you've got nothing on. What? Do you think only you need extra cash? Fine, forget what i said." She was about to walk away but he stopped her,"Where?" She smiled before turning back towards him,"Seoul Medical Hospital. They urgently needed GS." "And you? Why will they need a CS that cannot step into a OR?",he asked. She rolled her eyes at him for stating the fact right at her face. "Duh. I'll be at the ER. Where else." He watched her walk away suspiciously. 

"See you later?" EunJae gave him a lift since they are going to the same place. "Yea." They seperated after meeting their respective in-charge. WooJin popped by ER after lunch. There she was, attending to a chest injury patient. He managed to catch a breather after 2 back to back operations. "EunJae recommended you and volunterred herself to ER. You're paid, she's free. Its a good deal." The senior surgeon who WooJin assisted at both operations previously stood next to him. "She's not bulls*hitting about how capable you are. You're good. In time, you'll be one of the best. Come, lets go. More ops coming up." WooJin took a last peek at EunJae before leaving his spot. He found her dozing off at the lobby after their shift. He crouched down to her level, watching her nodding head. Just when her head was about to fall to the side, he took the seat next to her. Her head laid on his shoulder perfectly. She was still snoring away. He smirked at how she sleeps. Her head jolted up minutes later. "You drooled. You snored." WooJin teased with a straight face. "I did not! Do you have proof? Lets go already, im hungry." EunJae rebutted and quickly head to the carpark. WooJin trailed behind, looking at the picture in his phone. The girl's sleeping face.     

"Thanks." EunJae looked at him wondering what's that for. "Moonlighting." She nodded and replied,"I earned too. Individual needs." He watched her lie under her teeth. Her eyes always betrayed her. "Who is he?",WooJin asked. "Who?" EunJae didnt know who he was referring to. "The GS senior." EunJae looked up from her food,"Family friend. My mom had hoped for more." She shared a bit more than needed. His brow creased,"Why didnt you join him. Its a well known hospital." "Its not by my own effort. And why would i want to see a person that i have no intention to get along well above normal relationship?" He liked her answer. "Moonlight?" She stared at him,"That is bilateral advantage!" WooJin smirked at her reply, knowing thats a lie too. 

----------

He paid his father loan on time. [Lucky b*astard. Got youself a rich girl huh. Soon, we will not pester you.] The text confused him. The next text he received showed the balancing amount he owed. He finally understood the hidden meaning of the prior message. Getting furious, he stomed to where she was. Inside the empty staff office, he shocked her from her paperwork. "I do not need your help! I do not need your pity!" He was staring down at her harshly. "I am not helping! I am not pitying you either!" EunJae raised her voice at WooJin too and hastily ran out of the room. Her heart was palpitating at his confrontation. She dashed out not knowing how to respond to his angry self. WooJin saw the note she left on his desk. [Im sorry if i poked into your business. But, at least i wont bash you up for late payment. Interest free too.] He could only sigh.   

----------

WooJin stopped in his steps when he brushed past ER. He saw EunJae. "You didnt know she's here? ER is paying her. Her performance has been acknowledged." The senior GS told him when he saw WooJin stopped midway. She has been avioding him eversince the incident. He dosent know eher to start of from too. It dosnet help much when their shift at Doldam hasnt been on the same schedule. EunJae saw him approaching her. She turned away awkwardly. "Lunch." WooJin pulled her along eventhough she said no thanks. "I'll pay you back monthly.",WooJin said. "Of course!", her reply was instant, her cheeks were flushing. While EunJae looks elsewhere while gobbling down her food, WooJin watches her. He likes the fact that she eats very well, not like what the girls said about her being only interested in being number one. 

"You heard? Those junior doctors are having a crush over Dr.Cha!" WooJin overhead the nurses conversation while he was at the counter browsing through his next operation data. He looked up briefly at the group of informants but acted uninterested. "The part-time doctor? She's smart, skilled, pretty and poor? Who wouldnt?" "Dosent smart girls scare guys away? Ah... maybe those guys see their wealth as the superior area to attact her..." WooJin didnt want to hear anymore. He walked away. His long legs took him to ER. He noticed. The younger boys kept stealing glances at EunJae. "Seo WooJin!" Her voice caught him off guard. Eyes were on them. "What are you doing here? Are you..... skiving?", EunJae gave him a watching eye. "Coffee?" He knows she's a glutton when she asked for his treat and pulled him to the vending machine. He felt calm that she's not paying attention to relationships.

"Dr.Seo, are you dating Dr.Cha?" He was asked at the changing room. "No." He didnt bother to look at who asked him. "Great! See you." WooJin turned when the door closed. His heart and fist tightens. It became a habit that he looks for her during his break time. No conversation. Purely companionship. She looked indifferent. Before he went to her, he heard one of the doctor actually confessed and was turned down. "She likes someone else..." That caught his ears.