Over my dead body Pt 3

Desired

"Donghae, I said I was sorry!"

Siwon grabbed him by the arm, pulling him towards himself. 

"Will you just give me a second? I don't understand why you're so angry with me!"

Donghae pulled his hand off and continued walking.

"Hae! ugh!"

A loud thump was heard. Donghae's head turned to see what happened. Professor Lee was helping Siwon up from the floor. 

"Oh my, Mr Choi. I apologize. I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking." The professor shifted the glasses sitting atop his nose. 

Siwon dusted himself off. 

"Its fine, professor. I just--I need to talk with my friend."

"Who?" the professor turned his head. "Mr Lee! I seem to have interrupted your private conversation, I hope its about the new report due next Friday." 

The professor laid a hand on Siwon's shoulder, squeezing firmly. 

"I mean, I do expect you to complete this one. Stalking. Obessive habits. The works."

Siwon groaned. 

"Were you on your way to my class? Or were you planning to ditch again?"

Donghae stepped closer, watching as Siwon's face contorted into one of pain. Maybe he fell harder than he had thought. 

"Uh I should take him to the clinic first. It looks like he might've hurt himself."

The professor smirked. "Oh you're right. Best way to skip a class is a doctor's note. Isn't that right?"

Siwon bent over in pain, his stomach twisting and turning. The hand on his shoulder following his path as he ended up kneeling and in pain.

Donghae rushed over to his side and the professor released his grip. He swung Siwon's arm around his shoulder and hoisted him up onto his feet. 

"I'm sorry, Professor. I'll take him to the clinic first and I'll try to make it back on time."

"You're fine, Mr. Lee. Report to my class after it's over for any notes you might've missed."

"Understood."

 

"Well it looks like a minor stomach ache. I'd say a little ginger ale, plain foods like crackers and bananas and you'll be fine."

The doctor swiveled around in his stool and grinned at Siwon who was groaning still as he sat up from the bed. The doctor patted Siwon's knee and laughed. 

"What's so funny, Kyu?" 

"Other than you running here for a damn stomach ache, I'd say how your lover boy is waiting for you outside by pacing a hole in that ty tiled floor." 

The doctor, Kyuhyun ripped off his gloves and tossed them in the trash bin. 

"He's not my boyfriend, Kyu. We're just friends and are you sure it's just a stomachache?" 

Kyuhyun sighed. "I'm a resident, not some idiot off the street. Now if you're not gonna tell me how you really injured your stomach, I can't help you land a date with the cutie."

"Professor Lee" 

Kyuhyun abruptly got up and locked the door. "I get you hate doing work, but you can't say like that so openly!" 

"He er punched me, why would I lie?"

"Him?! Really? The guy is as skinny as a sardine and catches a cold 3 times a year from doing nothing and suddenly he's punching people in the stomach."

Siwon slid off the bed and stood upright. The pain was slowly subsiding but it still hurt like a reminder of something.

"I don't know why either! I didn't go around asking for it. He just walked up to me and gutted me. Right where he knew it would hurt."

Kyuhyun shook his head. "He's a psych professor, not a pressure point expert. You're gonna tell me he knows more about the body system than I do next?" 

Siwon let out an exasperated sigh. He threw his hands up in frustration and began pacing the room. 

"I'm telling you Kyu! There's something off about him. What if he goes after Donghae next? They're too close!" 

"Have they been on a date?" 

"I-I saw them eating together."

"Eating. Hmm. Any two people can eat together. You don't seriously think that way do you? Siwon. Really."

Siwon stopped in his tracks. "Stop looking at me like that! You always think that of me. I just try to protect them."

Kyuhyun got up from the stool. 

"Siwon calm down." Kyuhyun grabbed him by the shoulders and put him to sit on the stool while he opened the door up again. 

"Donghae? You can come in now."

Donghae rushed in the door reaching for Siwon to double check if anything had changed since he last saw him a few minutes ago.

"Are you okay now?"

Siwon smiled through gritted teeth. "Minor stomach ache the doc says. Ginger ale should be my next catch."

"That's good, uh I should get going now."

"B---but we just got here. He hasn't even discharged me yet."

Donghae took a deep breath. "I have class, Siwon. I don't want to miss anything. All you have is a stomachache, you're fine."

"I--okay. I understand. Take care."

 

You do not understand. 

Our feelings were so clear and now it's a mess. It's all a mess. Do You love Him or Me? Me or Him? Him and I? 

We can't. 

I can't share.

I refuse to share! 

This gift, this love, this dedication that I spent years working on cannot be pushed aside. I will never let that happen. 

I could've been obsessed with anyone. I could've loved anyone. The heart is never given a name to love, it simply thirsts until the air dries in your lungs and then again you find someone like oxygen and you breathe. I breathe you in everyday. 

The days I can't see You I am gasping twice as much. The days I don't hear from You I lose my sight. Fleeing emotions scattering across Me because without You everything is dull. You make me a cat. I want to chase You as My prey. 

We cannot both be loved. We cannot both be desired. Even if You cannot choose between him or I, I will make You choose. I will make You become decisive. Whatever choice You cannot make, I will stand to make for You. 

I am Your eyes, Your ears, Your breath, Your voice. Three more weeks until You realize. 

Three more weeks until he burns. 

 

"Dammit I'm too late!" Donghae rushed into the empty classroom huffing. He ran from the clinic for no reason, it was 1501, class was over.

"For an empty clinic, they surely move slow." A voice called behind him. The professor was leaning against the doorframe.

"Professor Lee! I'm sorry! I thought I would make it on time."

"It's fine. Have a classmate email you their notes, we went over in full detail what I expect to be handed to me along with the project. An interview. It was a final addition I thought would do well. This is our final paper after all before exams."

Donghae groaned. "I completely forgot and an interview?"

"Yes. I'm anticipating greatness from everyone and something even more from you. Your previous papers have impressed me."

“Thank you. The subjects interest me so it’s easier to write.”

This made Professor Lee shiver. Someone else who understood his interests. It was different to say the least. 

“Yeah. I’d stay and chat more about it but as you can see I’m on my way to have a late lunch and grade papers.”

At this Donghae had a decision to make. 

”Can I join?”

A sharp intake of breath. A decision made on both their ends. 

“Gladly.”