Over my dead body pt 2

Desired

"I've had the chance to skim through some of the reports handed to me on Friday and I must say, I am impressed. A lot of you clearly value love and the happier emotions attached to you. Very few preferred obession and cited how you hadn't experienced love enough to fully understand it. And only one person....decided to make a comparison between love and obsession." 

The class groaned as Donghae shrunk in his seat, knowing it was himself the professor was referring to.

"I just wanted to compliment the person who wrote that report. It was very specific, as if you had a person in mind. But this compliment also extends to everyone in here with the exception of Mr. Choi who decided not to grace my eyes with his report nor presence. Class dismised." 

Everyone packed their bags and left. Donghae decided to stay behind.

"Sir, uh. Siwon meant to be here he just uh--"

"Save it, Mr. Lee. I'm sure he can give me the fantastic details tomorrrow." The professor placed the papers into a folder and shoved them into his briefcase.

"Did you enjoy my report?" 

"Of course. It was a delight to read. Say, don't mind me asking Mr. Lee but did you have someone in mind when you wrote this? It's quite extensive in details as if you've been in love with someone for a long time."

Donghae blushed. "Not at all. I've never been in love." He shifted shyly, tucking a piece of brown hair behind his ear. He really meant to cut it, it just wasn't the time yet. It was still brisk outside and it made for great natural earmuffs. 

"Well, I'll be expecting more pieces from you. Our next topic will be about stalking versus protection. I read a fanatical article recently and I prefer topics that push the limits and really allow people to think. That's why psychology was my first choice of study."

"I agree. But are you giving me a headstart?"

The professor laughed, pulling on his briefcase to hang from his hand. 

"No, I'll be releasing the outline tonight. It will be due next Friday. Two weeks, I really want to see what interesting thoughts my students have. Especially you, Mr. Lee. Your comparisons tell me a lot."

"Like what?"

"That great minds think alike. I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good day, Mr. Lee."

Donghae nodded. 

"And please tell Mr. Choi that class is at 8 am and not at noon whenever he prefers to wake up."

Donghae nodded again, more embarrassed for Siwon than anything and watched as his professor left the room. 

 

Siwon approached the cafeteria table yawning and stretching.

"So what's for lunch Hae?" He extended his legs and leaned against the wall. 

Donghae jumped up from the book he was reading. "Siwon! You scared me."

"Sorry bud, I didn't see the time. I missed good ol' Professor Lee's class again it seems."

Donghae glanced at his watch. 12:10

"Did you just wake up Siwon? It's already noon!"

"What's time when you're having the nap of your life!" Siwon laughed. "What's that book you're reading anyway?" 

He read the title, "Stalking: Obsessive Habits. What kind of--"

"Its for class. You know the one you rarely show up to."

Siwon held up the book. "This is exactly why!" He swung his legs towards the inside of the table. "First it was that introvert/extrovert piece, then the love and obsession and now what? Stalking?!"

"Shh!" Donghae squeaked, snatching the book from him. "It's psychology what were you expecting? the birds and the bees? of course we're gonna delve into topics like this."

"Yeah but it's tracking a theme isn't it? He gives me the creeps. I should drop that class."

"You should drop it because you're failing, not because a professor is giving you assignments you don't understand."

Siwon scowled. "Why are you so protective over the professor anyway, you barely say more than two words in class."

"Because I like the way his mind works, pushing us into dark topics. It's a refreshing change."

"You like these topics too? Oh great. I know two weirdos!" 

Donghae grabbed his bag and angrily shoved the book into it. "Just because you can't comprehend that to every bright side there's a dark side doesn't make it weird or bad. You're just....you're just stupid!" He shouted, causing the few people in the cafeteria with them to sigh.

Siwon grimaced. "Hae it's not that--" He reached out, but his hands were slapped away by Donghae who rushed off. 

"I'm just worried...." 

 

You are the epitome of unique. Unique. A term I rarely use. It's invigorating to hear myself speak such words. It's too simplistic for My taste and yet, it describes You perfectly. 

Your mind the way it works. The way Your feet glide across the floor as if each step were planned, an intricate thought gracing across the tiled floor. Even the floor doesn't deserve You.

I note this down in the back of My brain. 1 month. In exactly 1 month I will reveal Myself to You. It cannot be sooner. It must be timed. If I rush my appearance You will be frightened, but now there is comfort. You will seek me out and I will be waiting. 

I have always waited. Years of finessing my schedule to fit Yours almost to the very second You sleep. The nusance of these details, of the way life throws so many changes, of the way You change. Like a symbiote comforming to its host. I have intertwined Our existences.

You just don't know it yet.

But You will. 

Oh You will.