Two

When You...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You’re so pretty when you smile
So every time you lose that smile
Even if I have to give my all
I want to give it back to you

 

“Damn Donghae hyung. Day 6 and you still haven’t talked to him?” Kyuhyun asked as he approached Donghae who was waiting for him to finally get off work.
 

“You could say hello before asking,” Donghae said with an eye roll.
 

Kyuhyun shrugged, “Still didn’t answer my question though?”
 

“I’ll buy you a meal since you’ve been working hard. And yes, I haven’t contacted him.” Donghae said as he started walking away.
 

Kyuhyun laughed and called after him, a little pleased that Donghae was ignoring Joongmyeon and not the other way around. Joongmyeon used to play that game with Donghae the first half of the year that they were going out.
 

“Has he tried contacting you?” Kyuhyun asked as he caught up walking with Donghae.
 

“He has actually. Here,” Donghae opened his phone and showed Kyuhyun the messages.
 

He had Joongmyeon named under his contact list as Joonie❤

2 a.m.      Joonie❤: Babe
10 a.m.    Joonie❤: Hae are you really not going to talk to me?
5 p.m.     Joonie❤: We wouldn’t be fighting have been fighting in the first place if…never mind
12 a.m.   Joonie❤: Babe…Im ing ddrunk right now and miss you. Why aren’t we talking?
4 a.m.     Joonie❤: Damn it. Disregard those. I was drunk. I’m tired of not hearing from you.               
                                When you’re done with your petty party we can talk…
10 p.m.   Joonie❤: Donghae…I’m getting scared you’re not responding. Nobody has to
                                apologize. We can call it even, okay?
9 a.m.     Joonie❤: Where’d you go? I knocked and stayed in front of your apartment for 30
                                minutes. But you’re not home.
 

Kyuhyun kept scrolling. There were 10 more texts. He whistled before giving it back, “He sure has a lot to say. You must really be scaring him. I don’t remember him ever doing this.”
 

Donghae nodded and slipped the phone back in his jacket pocket. “Hyuk said I always apologize first. I agree to that. So let’s see if he’ll apologize.”
 

“Whoaaaa hyung, I’m impressed,” Kyuhyun paused a bit, “but speaking of Hyukjae hyung. Did you ever have feelings for him?”
 

Donghae looked at his younger friend, caught off guard. That was a very random question. “I mean we did go out. But that was ten years ago.”
 

“Why’d you break up?”
 

“We were young. We needed time to explore. But it was a mutual thing.”
 

Well, it kind of was. Donghae has never admitted, not even to Hyukjae, that he didn’t want to break up. He cared so much about Hyukjae even if they were young. And he didn’t want Hyukjae to feel like he had to stay with Donghae because that’s how he was. He might fight with Donghae but in the end, he usually did what Donghae asked. And Donghae didn’t want him to.
But Donghae didn’t want to lose Hyukjae from his life at the same time, so he brushed whatever feelings he did have for his friend. He locked it away. It’s been so long since they went out and been so long since he thought of it, that he figured any romantic feelings didn’t exist.
 

“All I’m saying hyung, is you should pay attention to how Hyukjae hyung treats you versus Joongmyeon. I can already see who’ll be more boyfriend material,” Kyuhyun broke Donghae’s thoughts.
 

Donghae smiled. He knew Kyuhyun didn’t like Joongmyeon. Joongmyeon was older than Kyu but the younger refused to address him as hyung.
 

“But Hyukjae and I aren’t like that.”
 

“But Hyukjae hyung would be good to compare with, right?”
 

Donghae couldn’t say no to that. But then, Hyukjae was usually kind to people who cared about.
 

“C’mon hyung, it’s something to think about,” Kyuhyun presses again.
 

"Alright Kyuhyun, I get it,” Donghae finally gave in. He couldn’t help but roll his eyes at the younger. Kyuhyun can be pushy.
 

“Good. Now let’s go eat. I know where I want to go.”

   “Hyung, guess what,” Kyuhyun said as he walked into Hyukjae’s apartment. Hyukjae had let him in. It had been a couple days since Kyuhyun had seen Donghae and he was itching to tell Hyukjae what he discussed.
 

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow, “Make it quick Kyu. I’m supposed to meet Donghae in thirty minutes or so.”
 

“Hyung, I played spy for a bit.”
 

Hyukjae waited for Kyuhyun to continue.
 

“I went out with Donghae hyung and he told me he’s been ignoring the trash bin. And then I told him pay attention to how TB treats him versus how you treat him.”
 

“Wait…why’d you’d drop my name?” Hyukjae asked. He was going to ignore the TB nickname Kyuhyun gave him.
 

“I’m helping you since you won’t interject. I think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter