One

When You...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a really hard day today
My heart aches for you
The only thing I can do for you
Is to be next to you, I’m sorry


Hyukjae knew something was off. He could always tell something was off when it came to Donghae. In this situation, he wasn’t texting like he normally did.
Kyuhyun happened to be with Hyukjae during that time and happened to just peer over his shoulder as Hyukjae was replying back. “You should know why he’s off.”

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. He knew. It was probably the piece of garbage he called his boyfriend.
 

“I just don’t get what he sees in him. Sure he’s not bad looking, but his personality is awful. Complete opposite of Donghae.”

“I’m sure you’ve dated trash before, hyung,” Kyuhyun laughed.

“I did. But I don’t have a tolerance for those kinds of people. It didn’t even last two months.”

Hyukjae was waiting for the day that Donghae was brave enough to walk away from this toxic relationship. It wasn’t like Donghae had horrible luck with relationships. Maybe Hyukjae was biased as well, but he felt like Donghae was never the problem either. Donghae was understanding, loving, and very romantic. All the relationships he’s ever had were decent. There were a few where it had a messy ending, but it wasn’t too serious. And neither him nor the person got hurt too bad. So Hyukjae was surprised when he was introduced to Joongmyeon and saw right through this fake façade of being nice.

“Can I help you?” Hyukjae asked as he raised an eyebrow. This was a surprise. He had dropped by the bakery he worked at to pick up some papers. And low and behold, Joongmyeon was there. Was he waiting for Hyukjae?

“Hey.” Joongmyeon tried to give off this vibe like he wasn’t uncomfortable.

“What?” was all Hyukjae could ask. He wasn’t even going to pretend to be decent with him, especially since Donghae wasn’t there.

“I dropped by since I thought you were working today.”

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow to let Joongmyeon to continue

“I heard you’re going to see Donghae later today.”

“And?”

“We kinda got into an argument earlier and I’d love it if you could vouch for me.”

“It’s really not my business to vouch for anyone,” Hyukjae said. Why would he want Donghae to continue seeing him??

“But Donghae listens to you more than he does with me or anyone else. Can’t you do me this favor?” Joongmyeon was starting to lose his patience. It wasn’t that hard. Why couldn’t Hyukjae just do as he asked?
Donghae listens to Hyukjae more than anyone else? That gave Hyukjae a slight ego boost (even if it wasn’t entirely true) and a small victory over Joongmyeon. Majority of the time, Donghae listened to what his heart was feeling.

“Listen Joongmyeon, I’m not sure if you noticed, but I really don’t like you. Quite frankly, can’t stand your presence. So NO, I will not help you.”

Hyukjae saw Joongmyeon’s “smile” quickly disappear. “Well quite frankly, I don’t like you either. I hate how Donghae talks about you. But I figured I could kiss your a little bit to see if you bought the bite.”

“Guess you thought wrong,” was all Hyukjae said before forgetting about his papers he was supposed to pick up and heading out. He didn’t want to be in the same room as HIM.
Like he said to Kyuhyun earlier: he really was a ing piece of trash.
 

    Once Hyukjae left the bakery, he ended up calling Donghae to ask where he wanted to meet. They both agreed that Donghae would just go over Hyukjae’s place since Hyukjae had no intention of going over Donghae’s.
Donghae and Joongmyeon didn’t live together since they were only going out for a little over a year, but his stuff was there as much as Donghae’s things were at Joongmyeon’s.
Hyukjae just told Donghae to go in. He would pick lunch up for both of them. That didn’t make sense to him either. Donghae knew the password to get into Hyukjae’s apartment, but he admitted one time that Joongmyeon didn’t have the passwo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter