"Why Did You Ask"

My Crush

After the attendance the classes started and were going on normally as any class usually does, the teacher teaching and occassional interruption by the announcements or sometimes by the class clown etc. Soon it was lunch time and students as if pressed a button sprang from their seats and ran out of the classroom towards the school cafetaria just after the teacher ended the class. Only few were left in the class which included Lisa, Sehun hovering around her and talking non-stop, the class president, Jungkook and Yeri.

As the four of them were heading out, Jungkook and Yeri were discussing the timings as to when should they go for the lunch. They decided to go the next day after the school.Yeri and Jungkook both made a mental note to eat less during the school lunch hour the next day so that they can fill their tummies with lot more delicacies from the famous restaurant. [Shoutout to the president, Taeyong the poor soul had to arrange all the student's worksheets for the teacher and had to eat within the last 5 minutes of the break]

To everyone's surprise, the four of them were sitting at one table, talking, laughing and eating as if they were best friends and had been together from years. It actually was a surprise to them too that they clicked so well. After about 5 minutes Jaehyun and Eunwoo joined them as they returned from the P.E. room (they were called by their teacher for some work). And they both already being friends with everyone there, fitted in really fast.

The classes after lunch were all interesting and fun ones: music, art and club period. They all passed quickly and soon it was the dispersal time. Everyone said their bye-byes and went their own ways. Jungkook and Yeri too confirmed their plan of the next day and bid goodbye to each other.

The next morning again Yeri was up early though this time a little late than the day before; at 5:30. She got ready and tried out different hairstyles that would suit her the best AND most importantly that were allowed in the school and settled with a high pony. She put on her unifor and played some games to ease her anxiety and giddiness that she was experiencing the moment she woke up and realised that she would eat with Jungkook outside school and ALONE! She boarded her bus and arrived at the school and found Jungkook already there talking to Jaehyun, Eunwoo, Sehun and surprisingly Taeyong. She put her bag on the seat and greeted everyone there and went to Lisa who just arrived. They talked about all the random things and Yeri asked about Taeyong being friends with Jaehyun and the others to which Lisa said apparently Sehun, Jaehyun and Jungkook decided to meet up at a PC Cafe the evening before and ran into Taeyong! They played together and became fast friends. They realised that the class president was nowhere near a nerd and infact he was a great dancer and writes songs as a hobby AND also customises his own stuff and is really great at that. 

Just as any regular day, the classes went by and there was only one difference and it was that during lunch Taeyong joined their little group of six and brought along his friends from the other sections and all of them were really popular, Johnny and Yuta from 11-1 and Taeil from 12-3 who was known for his nightingale voice. They all were really surprised that he was friends with them!!

On the other hand, Yeri and Jungkook were all nervous and all as the classes went by and the dispersal was nearing. Though they were feeling all giddy, they were both secretly looking forward for their lunch plan.

As the dispersal bell rang, everyone packed up and as usual said their bye byes and departed. Yeri and Jungkook too left AND with red faces due to the unending teasing by their friends. They reached the restarant and got seated. It really lived up to its popularity; it was filled. It was a relief that they arrived just when a table got cleared. after getting seated they waited for the waiter and in the meantime they just had a small talk about their hobbies, favourite movies, songs, dramas and all other things along with discussing what to eat. The waiter came and they ordered. As they waited, Jungkook said, "You know what let's play 21 Truth. I know it usually is 21 Dare but since we can't actually do a proper dare here without embarrassing ourselves, let's play 21 Truth! And don't hold back anything, just shoot your questions or anything you are curious about."

"Okay!", said Yeri.

They just asked few questions ranging from siblings to some embarrassing moments in their lives, when it was on Yeri to answer and Jungkook asked, "Do you like Jaehyun?" to which Yeri's face showed an horrified kinda expression and exclaimed, "What?! What made you think that I like him in a romantic kinda way?! I admit he is really handsome and THE PERFECT BOYFRIEND that everyone wants, but to me he is just a really chaotic and competetive best friend of mine with whom I can rely on and be there for him too. That's all. Its purely friendship at its finest."

Jungkook just replied with an "Oh".

Just at that exact moment when the "oh" left Jungkook's mouth, their food arrived, they straight away digged into it and ate while appreciating the food and the chef and talking about food. Suddenly Yeri asked "By the way, I wanted to ask before but the food arrived, why did you ask about me liking Jaehyun?"