Missing butterflies

My Crush

As usual Yeri went to the school that day. She entered her class 7-1.

But something was different was so much different in her. She was always lost in her dreamland.

For almost a month now whenever he even came near her she would feel the butterflies in her stomach flying a little too rapidly. She wondered why she was feeling this way. This was her first time feeling like this. She would feel all giddy whenever he was near her. The feeling worsened when he talked to her. Though he does not exactly talk to her. It was always like asking for her notes or something like that. But even that made her heart flutter. She then realised that this is what they called "liking someone". She realised that she liked Jeon Jungkook and that too a little too much.

Though she recently realised and accepted her feelings that she was struck with another fact and the fact that was really important. It was that Jungkook was absolutely uninterested in her to the point that she was not even the last option.

Though there always had been some rumours that Jungkook had a girlfriend from the other section 7-2, she thought and secretly prayed that they were just baseless rumours. Until the day she saw his friend teasing him about his known to be girlfriend Eunha and he just sat there blushing and looking more red than a tomato. Yeri thought it was for the best of her that she should just forget him.

And apparently she did forget and moved on thanks to that fine day when Jaehyun transferred to their school.

Now after 4 years have she was in 11-2. And he was her classmate. Yeri did not know about it till Lisa told her. She was Yeri's my best friend and also her secret haven. So she naturally enough knew about Yeri's crush on Jungkook and, being the lovable and annoying friend she was, called Yeri the night before the school opened just to tease about it.

As Yeri woke up in the morning she was very excited and at the same time anxious because though she tried to forget about him and even succeeded in doing so, but sometimes in the past 2 years after they separated after 8th grade, she ran into him in the school corridoors from time to time she still used to have butterflies in her stomach. But Jungkook did not even spare a glance as if Yeri was invisible. She felt really bad at first and used to agonize and think over that was she really that insignificant and unworthy of even hi glance. But then again he was always like that, only caring about his girlfriend, Eunha, disregarding everyone and treating them like flies. Lisa always wondered why even Yeri even like that arrogant brat who never thinks that the words he says might hurt others.

FLASHBACK:

Though Jungkook hurt her feelings just a few times, out of those the one that hurt the most was when Lisa and Yeri were sitting in the same row as Jungkook and he was just infront of them. Yeri was a little too happy and feeling all giddy when it just went down in drain with just a few words that came out from his mouth. He was sitting with Jaehyun who was then new to the school and he casually asked about students of the class. Jungkook replied that this was the worst class he ever got. He started from the first row and just arrogantly badmouthed everyone that he/she was boring or nerd or crazy and things like that and he even said that Yeri and her group of friends were also uninteresting and that he could not even bear the sight of them because we were very boring, no fun and nerds. He called Lisa and Yeri wannabes. It hurt Yeri a lot. The most horrible thing that made her feel miserable was that he said it to her face and she could not even fight back. Lisa didnt say a word too, as it might have hurt Yeri though she was a really impulsive person who just fires back who talk bad about her or her friends. Everyone said ever since he started dating Eunha he became like that. That day Yeri cried a fountain of tears in the washroom and even Jaehyun felt sorry and apologised even though he was not at fault at all. That day Yeri decided to move on from that bratty guy and her first crush, Jeon Jungkook.

PRESENT:

As Yeri entered the classroom she saw him. She had heard that he broke up with Eunha 4 months back. And everyone said that he was starting to become a little more respectful towards everyone. It was just a rumour that Eunha broke up with him because of his all-so-mighty-attitude. Though Yeri thought that served him good, inside she was a little happy that they broke up and little sad as it might have hurt him and mainly his pride that he had which was surely even more than what Escanor, the Lion's sin of pride had.

As soon as Yeri placed her bag on the free seat her eyes met his and for the first time he said Hi to her and that too with a genuine smile. But then she noticed that the butterflies were missing. The butterflies that rapidly flew even if their eyes met by chance were gone. Thet had flown away during the 2 years she concentrated on herself and her parents and friends. She put her thoughts aside and reciprocated the Hi with a smile. She had a lot of things to do than ponder over the butterflies absent in her stomach. Her goals that she had set for herself, to become a doctor, was her main priority.