Then and Now

My Crush

Yeri woke up to dreaming of his smile the day before. Though reluctant she acknowledged the fact that Jungkook was a little too handsome and thoughts of him and his perfectly chieseled face and the well maintained athletic body was really difficult to remove from one's mind. And his smiling face is even more ineffaceable.As Yeri entered the class Jaehyun was hiding behind the door and as soon as she entered he clapped his hands near her ears from the behind, reanacting the basement scene of The Conjuring. Though Jaehyun knew she was the type who gets easily scared, what kind of best friend can resist their best friend embarrassing herself in front of the whole class in the beginning of the new session for the silliest reason ever! 

Yeri's eyes suddenly met with Sehun. He was also laughing like the whole class, but what made Yeri even more feel unbelievable was that on the side, Jungkook. He was laughing too.

Sehun was Jungkook's best friend. Though he was the best friend of a bratty person, he was very sweet and had a naturally caring and polite nature towards everyone. And to top it with a cherry his looks were the exact definition of textbook handsomeness. He was good at academics, sports, dancing, singing and even in rap! Another thing that he was really good was at liking Lisa and even more so is the fact that he could not hide it no matter how much he tried. The whole school including the teachers and Lisa herself knew about it. But he never confessed to her.

He was also laughing.

Sitting quite peacefully on her seat, Yeri was thinking of the embarrasing scene that took place that morning. Thinking about that she recollected a similar thing that had happened to her in the 7th grade and left her with only hurt feelings.

FLASHBACK:

Yeri's bus was unusually fast on that day. She usually was one of the students who arrived late. Lisa was always one of the early comers. Their then homeroom teacher was Ms. Hyoyeon. Though she seemed very fierce and strict on the outside, she was actually a really sweet and childish person. She had a seating arrangement ready. And as the students sat according to it turned out that Jungwook was seated next to Lisa and Yeri next to Sehun. Since Jungkook had not arrived till then, Yeri sat beside with bags heavier than that of pandas. She had seen the movie The Conjuring the night before and could not sleep because of it. Yeri was talking to Lisa about the movie and her not so good experience with it. At that moment one of her clssmates came sneakingly behind her and clapped his handsbehind her ear, exactly reanacting the basement scene in the movie. Yeri screamed at the top of her voice and the whole class started laughing. But then a sudden arrogant voice said, "It's always worthless sort of person who puts himself out in order to get somebody else worked up. These are the words of Riichi Yokomitsu. And I think it really applies to you Yeri. If you need attention just say so. You do not have to act so fake and all and shout out of nowhere to seek attention from people you know. Because nerds like you need to speak up for us to understand. Understood? Now if you will excuse me and get out of MY seat, I can sit down". Yeri felt really attacked and wanted to really cry as the whole class except for Jaehyun and Lisa were laughing this time for what Jungkook had said about her. Both Jaehyun and Lisa comforted her. That event made him evenmore unlikable from Yeri's perspective.

PRESENT:

Yeri was thinking of the past day and also his smile that had not changed at all from when he was very young, that their Homeroom Teacher Mr.Bang Sihyuk came in and said that as we were being really loud and naughty, he had fixed seats for us. And if he sees anyone change seats, the punishment was 20 rounds of the never ending school ground of the school of theirs. Everyone got up from their seats with their bags packed and stood in a line in front of the blackboard. Mr. Sihyuck called out names one by one and made them sit in the seat they were alloted. Lisa's name was called out. She was sitting in the 4th seat of the 4th row. Then her partner's name was called out which made everyone scream like crazy though the teacher was present;it was Oh Sehun! Anyone could see the obvious satisfactory smile on Sehun's face and blush on Lisa's cheeks. Then Yeri's name was called. She was happy to be able to sit behind Lisa, she thought, maybe Mr. Sihyuck is not so bad as the whole school knew how close she, Lisa and Jaehyun were. But still he made them sit close to each other ad also Jaehyun was sitting with Eunwoo in the last, i.e., 5th seat of the 3rd row, so he was sitting right beside Yeri. She was excited to know who will be her partner and was just gearing up her social butterfly instincts that her partner's name was announced and her wings got cut. It was none other than The Great Jeon Jungkook! Her resolve of not changing her seats even if the world turned upside down got crushed to the deep bottom of the Earth and in fact crossed the planet to outer space.

She wondered what antics she might pull trying to stay sane in his presence.