the captain has fallen

Perhaps Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An airport is a busy place with people coming in and out of it all the time.

 

It’s a fascinating place where you can see different scenarios play out,

 

Like families waiting for their loved ones or going on a vacation, they planned for months,

 

Or you can see overly excited couples and you can just guess perfectly they’re going on their honeymoon,

 

And some people are there to follow their dreams or to run away to get a new start,

 

I am used to seeing different kinds of strangers, so it is very unusual that I lost count of how often I bumped into you.

 

The first time I saw you, I am a hundred percent sure you’re late for your flight. The way you nervously glanced at the gate numbers and how you are frantically running around the busy hallway also the reason for the first time you bumped into me.

 

As I helped you picked up your things I can’t help but think of how beautiful you are. The way your hair sways as you move hurriedly to gather your things is very breathtaking to see.

The moment you looked up I can only see those beautiful of eyes of yours, how they shine like the stars I see on those night flights. I think this is what they call love at first sight. They say only 3 seconds are needed to fall on someone at first sight.

 

“1...when our eyes met”

 

“2...your frantic sorry”

 

“3…your sweet thank you for my help”

 

And just like that, I fell for you. I fell in love with a complete stranger.

 

But just like how fast everything happened I also lost the sight of you just as fast.

 

As I watched the sea of people continue with their lives, I feel like a part of me broke when I couldn’t find you.

I lost you. I was heartbroken, but I keep wishing for is a second time to meet you.

 

Weeks have passed, and I didn’t see you again, I lost hope of seeing you again.

 

However, Destiny has a different plan.

 

 Imagine my surprise, when I was just getting over you. I conveniently bumped into you again.

 

This time in the airport bathroom of Beijing before going to immigration. Thank god I just held it in and decided to do the deed after we landed.

 

I was going out of the cubicle when you walked in.

 

How can I forget you? Especially those beautiful eyes of yours.

 

You looked like you just waked up, your bun is messy, but your hair is still beautifully kept. You let out a cute yawn while walking to the faucet. I lost count on how many times I pressed the soap dispenser hoping to get all the time I can to stay in the same room as you.

 

“Was the toilet dirty? Now I am worried to use it.” You suddenly spoke while eyeing me pressing the soap dispenser desperately.

 

“No…sorry I was just spacing out,” I answered nervously while letting the water continuously run on hands wishing that it would somehow cool down the burning feeling I have in my chest.

 

Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter