C-07

The Contract Series (The Arrange Marriage)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
NTaeyeon paced the room in anger as she awaits Yuri's arrival. Yes, she'd finally learned the truth from Yoon ah, Boa and the servant that Yuri used for her selfish plot. She's so pissed at her right now for causing such a huge damage, it bothers her alot, but what bothers her the most is the possibility of Sooyeon never forgiving her for all that she'd said and done to her, for not believing in her, for not trusting her. Sooyeon must be feeling betrayed by her own wife and that is really messing with the general's mind. If only she did ask for explanation, if only she didn't let her anger guide her blindly. If only... Her thoughts were interrupted when the door opened. "What have you done, Yuri? You lied to me?" The general growled at her so called best friend as soon she entered the room. "You go about saying you are my best friend and yet you tried to wreck my marriage?" Confused, Yuri tried moving toward Taeyeon but the general raised her hand, stopping her. Having no other option, she replied confidently. "That's not true, I told you the princess..." "The princess is innocent of all the things you said against her, Taeyeon already knows the truth." Yoon ah butts in and stood by Taeyeon. "We also have proof, Boa unnie and I had launched an investigation and we found an eye witness. The same attendant that you had searching through the princess's belongings for the letter and the poison in the first place. Please come in, Sarang." The girl made her way in gingerly but Yuri didn't budge. "I was only doing my duty." Yuri bristled back. Clearly she didn’t like her loyalty being challenged by some common servants. “Duty? What duty, when you have crossed all limits? Do you even know the extent of the damage you had done to me and to Sooyeon?" "Yuri-ya, is it true? What everyone is saying, is it true?" Taeyeon's mother butts in, she's hurt, she's hurt that she didn't interfere with the matter and blindly believed everything Yuri had said and she regretted it. She's hurt because she's been a fool all this time not to recognize what Yuri was doing to her daughter, she should’ve known that Yuri wasn’t to be trusted; Should’ve known that Yuri wouldn’t allow anything or anyone to get in the way of her and Taeyeon. "Mother, I was just trying to protect my best friend." Yuri said defensively. "First, I'm not your mother, no child of mine would do such a heartless thing and second, Taeyeon is not your best friend, so stop calling her that. All I want to hear is the reason why you did that? I took you in and made you my family, I did everything I could so you won't have to miss your parents, but this is how you repay me?​​​ By destroying my daughter's happiness. Tell me what will you gain by destroying Taeyeon's marriage with the princess? Tell me Yuri, why did you do that?" Taeyeon's mother asked angrily. "Because I'm in love with her." Yuri yelled. "I did it because I love her mother and you know, no one can ever love her like I do." Everyone was not surprised by Yuri's confession except Taeyeon's mother, who gasped in shock. "I know you care about me Yuri, but this is..." Taeyeon began. "No you don't," Yuri pulled air into her lungs and looked at Taeyeon as she cuts her sentence shot, "You don't know a thing about how much I love you, you don't know how many nights I spent staring at you as you sleep, you have no idea how much this heart yearn for you, how much this hands urged to feel you, you know nothing of how much I love you, Taeyeon." Yuri shouted out her frustration. "What do you mean?" Taeyeon's mother who seemed to have overcome her shock asked in awe. Yuri ignored her and kept her eyes on the general. As she continued. "I have always loved you Taeyeon, I imagined spending the rest of my life with you, with our favorite horses in that cottage at the end of the city, I have dreamed of it all. I almost died at the Japan border but the thought of coming back to you made me fought harder, I struggled to stay alive because of you, just so I could come back to you but what did I come across? You were already married to the ing princess and I couldn't let that happen." Everyone flinched by the sound of Yuri's hard voice, everyone except the general who stood stoic and solemn. "Yuri, we discussed about this years ago, you know I will never...." Taeyeon began calmly but of course she got interrupted once again by Yuri, who seemed to be angrier than everyone else in the room. "Don't please, don't say things that will hurt me even more, " "But I...." "I know you said we were young and unwise to think about that, I know you think we were straight and thought of my feelings as admiration, but I couldn't let another woman be in your arms, I couldn't." Tears had now started streaming down Yuri's face as she talked. "I couldn't," she wailed harder. "So I fought, I know you all think of me as a monster but I was only fighting for what I love, and everything is fair in love and war." Yuri admitted shamelessly. "I appreciated you Yuri, that should be enough. We grew up together and did everything together, we even went to the army together, you were my best friend and a sister, that should be enough, why destroy an innocent person's life? Why break our hearts? my heart? Do you know what I went through believing your lies? You almost caused me my sanity because I couldn't take Sooyeon loving another person, I was in so much pain and you call that love?" Taeyeon asked, her anger returning full force. "Taeyeon, I..." "You have nothing more to say to me, you've already said enough," Taeyeon's eyes shimmered with unshed tears as she stared back at Yuri. "I gave you the status of a best friend, someone I trusted with my life and you turned me against my wife. Created so much doubt in my mind… You have broken my trust in you. You have erased all the good memories I had of you." Taeyeon fought the urge to punch the hell out of Yuri so hard that her hands began to shake. "But you had protected me from so many unforseen dangers, you have risked your life to save mine countless times and because of that, I forgive you," Hearing that Yuri began to smile with relief, the smile though died with Taeyeon's next words. "But I don't ever want to see you again, never." Taeyeon bit the inside of her cheek to keep herself from crying. The look of hurt and betrayal is the last thing Yuri was allowed to see on Taeyeon's face before she turned her back away from her. "Go away, go as far away from me and my wife as possible before you are forced to face an even harsher punishment." Taeyeon added, her back still facing Yuri. It broke Yuri's heart in more than one way to see Taeyeon turning her back on her. She had dedicated all her life, body and soul to Taeyeon. Everything she had done was to ensure that Taeyeon would be happy forever, so Taeyeon would never cry, but now Taeyeon had turned her back against her. Taeyeon's happiness was all that has ever mattered to her and if Taeyeon is happy with the princess then she’d have to swallow this bitter pill.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter