fin.

Last Kiss, First Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hey, Melanie, where's Serena?" Joshua asked his girlfriend's sister when he and his friends arrived at his girlfriend's apartment to celebrate the new year.

"Oh, she's sleeping." Melanie replied nonchalantly after greeting her boyfriend, Vernon, with a kiss.

"She's sleeping in on the new year?" Vernon asked with a confused expression. "Didn't she do the same thing last year?"

"Yeah. She's been asleep since I got home. I heard that work was super stressful and she didn't sleep that well the night before either."

"I see. I guess I'll leave her alone for now."

Joshua nodded while checking for the time. It was only ten-twenty and less than two hours before the new year sets in. A slow smiled crept upon his lips as a thought crossed his mind. He'll definitely let his girlfriend sleep for now.

"Hey, Serena. Serena." Joshua gently whispered while softly shaking his girlfriend awake. "Serena."

"Hmm?" Serena hummed as she stirred awake while trying to locate the person that had woke her with the help from her bedroom door being opened allowing the hallway's light to come through. "Yes, Joshua?"

"Can I have a kiss?"

It didn't take her that long to process the question.

"No."

Serena tried to go back to sleep, but Joshua wouldn't let her. He pulled the covers away as he moved his head and face closer to her while chuckling.

"Serena."

She tried to ignore him, but she knew that sleep wouldn't come back to her for another while longer.

"Ugh, fine."

Serena leaned in to kiss him on the cheek, but Joshua turned his head so that her lips would meet his.

"You're such a brat." Serena stated once she pulled away from the kiss, but smiled nevertheless.

Joshua chuckled before swiping a few loose strands of Serena's hair behind her ear.

"I heard work was stressful. You okay?"

"Yeah, same old stuff. Anyways, what time is it?"

Joshua checked the time.

"It's eleven-fifty-nine."

Serena groaned while shooting her boyfriend a look.

"Ugh, you really had to wake me up a minute before the new year sets in."

Please log in to read the full chapter