Chapter 12

Heal

“Hey Minho,” Minseok took off his outer jacket as he sat down opposite Minho, “I’m sorry I’m late, the meeting overrun abit.” Minseok felt apologetic, he was the one who insisted for a dinner date to catch up with his little brother but in the end he was the one that was late.

“It’s fine, hyung.” Minho smiled,  “ I ordered five course meal for us though, I hope you won’t mind.” Since Minseok was going to pay and it’s a nice restaurant, Minho thought why not.

Minseok chuckled, “Didn’t know you could eat that much.” Minseok was more than happy, but he knew that Minho is always extra sensitive and self-conscious in environments like this. His little brother seems to be carrying a different aura and countenance this time though. Minseok examined Minho properly, Minho was beaming, he wasn’t smiling at that moment but Minseok could see the upward ticking of his lips, his brows were lifted, his elbows were placed on the table with anticipation, he was looking around the restaurant glee-ing, hell even his clothes seemed brighter this round.

“There sure is a lot of people here” The happy chattering and smiles made Minho beamed.

Minseok was elated with Minho’s positive changes, he was really glad, he wanted no more than to see Minho fit back into society, do well in whatever he wants to do and be happy. “Well, you seemed happier Minho-ah.” Minseok smiled.

Minho rubbed his neck, “Do i…..?”

Minseok chucked, “Yes you do. I assume things are going well with the café?”

“Yes it is.”

“And your studies as well..?”

Minho nodded, “Yes.”

“Anything else….?” Minseok cocked an eyebrow upwards, something told him that perhaps there are other agendas that contributed to his brother’s cheerful demeanor.

Minho’s eyes widened slightly, “Urmmm.. not really.” He smiled, though his thoughts flew to his blossoming friendship with Taemin and the recent robbery incident that they went through together. Minho’s shoulders sunk a little upon the this thought, he hadn’t seen Taemin for the past few days since the robbery incident. He lost count of the number of times we peered out of the T Café and searched the crowds of students for Taemin. Was Taemin okay? Is everything okay? Could he be hurt? Minho was starting to feel anxious and worried, thinking of ways he could probably contact Taemin but he was afraid that he would bother the younger boy. Perhaps, he could drop Taemin a Facebook message?

“Minho..? Hello..?”

Minho was brought back from his train of thoughts with Minseok’s hand waving in front of his face, “Uh, yes hyung.. I’m sorry.”

Minseok only chuckled, “Its fine.” His brother threw a knowing glance at him which Minho decided to shake it off. Before Minseok could further interrogate Minho, their appetizers arrived. He stole a few cautious look at Minseok, who was busy commenting on the appetizers, he wondered what his brother’s reaction would be if he knew that Minho was actually in touch with Lee Taemin.

 

*******

Taemin was having a staring showdown against Minho’s jacket, which is currently crumpled into a pile of fabric lying on the ground of Taemin’s bedroom next to the dustbin. It was originally hung nicely on a clothing hanger after Taemin carefully hand-washed it, and Taemin had hugged it to sleep the past few night. Everything was nice and cozey, until this morning when Taemin woke up and realized how weird he was starting to become.

“URghhhhhhh….” Taemin crossed his arms, trying his best to refuse thoughts or images of Minho’s face creeping into his mind anymore, “What is wrong with you, Lee Taemin…” He couldn’t reason what was happening to his mind right now. Taemin threw his hands up in the air and slumped back to his bed, eyes still glued to the jacket still though. What was going on with him? He had been ignoring Minho for the past whole week. Taemin was reminded of the Facebook message that he saw yesterday night:

Inbox (1 new message)

Minho: Hi Taemin, this is Minho here. How are you doing? I hope you’re doing fine. Hope I am not disturbing you or anything, Im just worried. Haven’t been seeing you around for the past few days. Hope to hear from you soon. Just  hope that you are fine. In case you’re not well, take care and have plenty of rest.

Taemin’s heart skipped. And he mentally gave a little spanking on his heart for skipping at the mere thought of Minho’s message.

What, what on earth is going on with him?! He was determined to not see Minho from now onwards, but his heart was racing. Things were going out of hand when Teamin realized that he was beginning to show symptoms of a lovesick boy this morning. “Lee Taemin, this can’t be happening.. This… This is not correct.. You, you can’t be in love with Minho, not Minho, the Choi Minho.. Any alpha on this whole wide earth, but not Minho.. ”

Images of Minho’s gentleness, the way he looked at Taemin, and his arms, those arms that held him so tight that night at the robbery incident made Taemin broke down. He knelt in front of the pile of jacket, finally not being able to resist and picked it up. “I… I cannot like you, you… you are Choi Minho.. You were the one that, that… you were the one..”

Taemin tried his best to remind himself of the incident, he dreaded remembering details of it because the fear that radiated through him was always so raw and so strong, even in his dreams, but this time he needed to feel the fear, he needed that fear to repel himself from liking Choi Minho. Taemin fisted his hands, squinted his eyes, trying his best to recall every single memory of that incident. Strangely, despite rehearsing through the memory, he didn’t find himself sweating, nor did his heartbeat raised, he couldn’t feel the same fear that tormented him every night. Instead, he kept on went on to think about the now-Minho that is so attractive, handsome, kind, gentleman-like, suav---

Wait!!! Stop right there Lee Taemin! Taemin growled. “Lee Taemin! This is not how it is supposed to be! You are supposed to hate him!” By the time it reached evening, realizing that his efforts weren’t paying out the way he had expected, Taemin grew frustrated and anxious, without further thinking, he jumped up from his bed, went to grab the jacket and decided to confront the Choi Minho that has been bugging him the entire day.

 

***

 

“Mr Lee, I will be going off now!”

Minho peered from the counter where he was wiping the last row of shelf while waving off his barista, “Sure, travel safe yah.” Minho went back to cleaning the shelves while his brain registered the sound of the doors chiming indicating his barista had left. Several minutes later, he heard the door bells chiming again and the café door was swung open quickly, Minho peered up from his counter, deciding to tease his barista, “You forgot something again?”

What he did not expect was a flustered and panting Taemin standing in front of him.

“Tae..?” Minho’s smile begin to form, he placed the clothe on the counter and proceeded towards Taemin, he felt happy, it has been a week and he was hoping to see Taemin soon, though he didn’t expect to see Taemin through this circumstances, but it was good, all he wanted to know was that Taemin was okay.

Taemin on the other hand, was lost the moment he joint eyes with Minho. And when Minho called out his name with that smile, Taemin had forgotten his original purposes for coming. Oh yes Lee Taemin, you were going to confront him remember? You idiot.

“Are you okay?” Minho’s voice was gentle and warm.

Yes Lee Taemin, you were supposed to accuse him of confusing you, for making you fall for him, remember?

“Hmmm?” Minho was now standing in front of him, peering down at him with warm eyes, looking extra suave and attractive with his sleeves rolled up to his elbow and looking slightly rugged and tired from a day’s work at the restaurant. Taemin was suddenly lost of words.

“I..” I am not okay, because of you. That was what Taemin wanted to say originally. He felt his defense slowly crumbling, all confusing thoughts and frustrations were one by one being thrown out of the window. He could only felt calmness and a sense of yearning as he examined this Choi Minho in front of him. A teardrop rolled down his eye when he finally resolved to being defeated and started to embrace the calmness that was radiating throughout his body.

Minho, started to panic when he saw Taemin’s tears, he reached out both his hands to cup Taemin’s cheeks gently, worried and concern written all across his face, “Tae? Why? Are you okay? Is everything okay? Are you hurting anywhere? Please, tell me.”

Oh why must you be so concerning and nice, darn you Choi Minho. Taemin was cursing mentally, but found himself replying “Yes… No…” softly while more tears came spilling out.

Minho’s heart broke at that sight, he wasn’t thinking much, all he wanted to do was to pull the crying Taemin into his arms and that was what he did. “Are you hurting? What happened? Please, please tell me. Is there anything I can do or help?” he asked while embracing Taemin. The younger boy cried even more the moment their bodies came in contact with one another, Taemin never felt this whole and contented. He loved the way Minho’s arms held his back, Minho’s embrace was always firm and reassuring but not suffocating. Taemin leaned into Minho’s shoulder crack, he could feel Minho’s emotions going all over the place while waiting for Taemin’s reply. Taemin was feeling all sorts of contradicting emotions inside him now, he felt confused yet calm, he felt frustrated yet contented, most importantly he felt so wrong yet everything in this moment right now felt so right.

“I......i...... I am hungry…”

And Minho chuckled at Taemin’s response. He separated Taemin from himself and saw a slight blush on the younger boy’s face which was extremely adorable, Minho smiled, “Take a sit, I will whip up something for you to eat.”

“Can… can I have the spaghetti please..” Taemin bit his lips and requested timidly. Minho’s cooking is good, really good actually. One will sure find it hard to resist.

Minho chuckled again, “You can have anything you want, Tae, anything.” With that, Minho left for the kitchen, leaving a flustered Taemin there to recover. Taemin looked at Minho’s retreating figure and sighed, thinking how royally screwed up he is going to be.

 

*****

 

“Taemin, you are day dreaming. Again.”

“Huh, Am i.” Taemin quickly fumbled back to his essay writing, trying his best to ignore Kibum’s questioning and suspicious glares.

“Is there, anything, in your mind?”

“Nah.” Pretending to constructing sentences but all he could think of currently is Minho. He could feel Kibum staring hole into him for a straight twenty seconds before the elder boy gave out a ‘hmmph’ and turned back to his own work. Taemin chuckled. “Hyung, I am fine, really. Just, been thinking about stuffs lately.”

Kibum’s head snapped towards Taemin, “What stuffs?” Almost automatic, his response. Better not be Minho, Kibum thought, he had a premonition that things were starting to change between Taemin and Minho.

“Well, stuffs.” Choi Minho, my past, his part and our past to be exact. “Stuffs,” Taemin answered, eyes still glued to his essay, “About life and etc.”

“Oh, life huh.” Kibum questioned.

“Hyung, you plan to hang out till night or what?” Decided that he should change the topic.

“Speaking of which, I nearly forgot. I have to leave in a while.” Kibum took a look at his watch.

“Where to?”Taemin asked absent-mindedly.

“Basketball court, Jong and the guys are playing and I am to meet him for dinner after that.” Kibum smiled. Taemin smiled too, feeling glad for his best friend, things seem to be going well between Kibum and Jonghyun. “You want to come along as well?”

“Nah. I need to complete this essay today.” And he would be the brightest ever light bulb there, not to mention the constant lovey-dovey that he would have to witness.

“Oh I see,” Kibum cocked an eyebrow, his inquisitive nature decided to spill out more information to test Taemin, “Okay then, I thought you would want to join us for dinner. The rest of the boys are joining us too, well except for Minho, he usually goes back home straight after the game.” Kibum swear he saw Taemin’s facial expression moved a little upon hearing Minho’s name, and in less than half a second he resumed his expression of supreme concentration in his essay writing.

Minho is there as well? Taemin bit his lips.

There was a twenty seconds silence, with Taemin contemplating and Kibum observing suspiciously.

“Can I go as well?”

Kibum gasped, don’t tell me Taemin’s daydreaming has something to do with Minho, “What about your essay?” He was eye-ing Taemin with even more suspicion now, well, Taemin changed his decision after the mentioning of Minho’s name. “I thought you said you had to complete it today?”

“Oh well, I think can rush it through tomorrow, hehe.” Taemin flashed a toothy grin at Kibum and started to pack his things. “What? Are you sure??” Kibum was even more flustered now, was Taemin so desperate to see Minho?

“Yea,” Taemin smiled, “Now come lets go hyung, you wouldn’t want Jonghyun hyung to be waiting for you, would you? Hehe.”

Kibum rolled his eyes.

*****

Taemin thanked god that once that arrived at the basketball court that was few blocks away from their university, Kibum’s constant meddling and nagging died down and all the elder boy could do was to cheer and stare at his boyfriend. Taemin bet his head that if Kibum knew the emotional battle that he is going through right now about Minho, Kibum will definitely talk Taemin out of liking Minho. For good reasons, Taemin agreed. But those good reasons seemed to be no longer valid. Taemin felt so torn in between. A rational side of him is telling him not to continue to associate himself with Choi Minho due to their past and whatever he did to him in the past; but there is another side of him that is gravitating towards Minho at an alarming rate and constantly invalidating all the things that the rational side of him is saying. Perhaps, it was the now-Minho that is constantly proving the rational Taemin’s conclusions are going to be wrong.

“JOOONGGG!!! Woohoo!”

Taemin flinched a little upon Kibum’s shriek, Jonghyun had sunk another basket and Kibum is beyond ecstatic. The people that passed by the basketball court would probably look at Kibum and him like freaks.

“Taemin! Did you see that??!!”

Taemin chuckled, “Yea, I did.” Jonghyun was good, but not as good as Minho. Taemin’s eyes went to observing Minho, who was currently playing in the same team as Jonghyun. Minho was really good, he moved fast, he was precise, he was agile and bold, and he was having so much fun. He was always smiling and laughing throughout the game and it was definitely an attractive scene to watch. Minho was sweating from head to toe, Taemin could see glimpse of Minho’s toned chest through his slightly loose and sleeveless basketball jersey, and not to mention Minho’s arms, it was not too muscular but well-toned, just the way Taemin would like it to be. Before Taemin could even realize that he was gawking at Minho, Minho joint eyes with him. And Taemin instantly blushed, not knowing what to react. Minho was surprised to see Taemin but the surprise soon turn into a big smile. The younger boy smiled back too, giving a small little shy hand wave. The elder boy grinned a little before joining back the game. And, Taemin bit his lips, confused as he already is, still not arriving at a conclusion of how he should address his developing relationship with Minho.

Jonghyun soon signaled for a timeout, whereby Joon replaced him to finish off their last set of game. Kibum was beyond elated when Jonghyun grabbed his water bottle and marched towards their direction, he instantly went close to Jonghyun, “You were so awesome, Jong.” Taemin could tell Jonghyun’s cheeks blushed a little, how he enjoyed his lover’s compliments. “That’s only because you were watching me, babe.” Kibum gave an ‘awwww’ face and clutched unto Jonghyun’s sweaty arm, of which Taemin had to refrain from rolling his eyes because if you had a goosebumps-scope, you can see a lot of his goosebumps falling all over the ground. Kibum grabbed Jonghyun’s bottle, “I go get you some more water okay?” Jonghyun smiled, “Thanks babe, you are the best.” Kibum lit up again, “I will be right back.” And jogged away to the convenient store across the street.

“Congratulations Jonghyun hyung, finally someone got the diva’s whipped.” Taemin teased. Jonghyun laughed, “Thanks Taemin. It’s definitely an honor.” Taemin laughed too.

“Didn’t expect to see you here though, Kibum said that you are not a fan of basket balls.” Jonghyun sat on the bleachers next to Taemin. “Yeah, neither did I.” Taemin’s eyes trailed back to Minho, who was actively playing in the court, all smiles, all sweat. Taemin smiled, Minho hyung looked so good, he looked so happy as well.

Jonghyun, trying to interpret Taemin’s answer, followed Taemin’s gaze to Minho. He paused for a few seconds and smiled, perhaps, his premonitions were accurate after all. “Minho was an athlete back in high school and before.”

“Really?” Taemin smiled, “No wonder he plays so well.” “His father and elder brother are extremely athletic as well, suppose that’s where he got the genes.”

Taemin smiled again, “You knew Minho hyung for a very long time I suppose.” Jonghyun chuckled, “Well, for starters, I am his cousin,” Jonghyun laughed, “Our family businesses are very much linked to one another, we met very often. Not to mention our parents practically chuck us to the same kindergarten, same elementary school and etc. Well, except for high school.”

“Why so?”

“Minho and his family were going through a hard time during that time.”

“What happened?” Not sure whether he should be prying, but he wanted to know, anything about Minho’s past, he was really interested.

Jonghyun bit his lips, debating whether or not he should tell Taemin, deciding that he should, “Well, Minho’s mother passed away in a car accident when we were 15.” Taemin gasped, hands covering his mouth. “Yea, it came really sudden, too sudden in fact, Minho’s dad was really devastated, so were Minho and his elder brother. You can imagine the situation, the omega in the family’s sudden departure leaving behind three alphas. Uncle Choi went into severe depression for the next few years, leaving the family business to Minho’s elder brother to run. Minho was in a lot of grief and had to deal with it pretty much on his own. My parents started to forbid me from going near Minho, because he started doing drugs and alcohol, Uncle Choi was in no good state to do anything about Minho, Minseok tried his best too in between the family business and constant business trips. And that’s when he did crime and was sent to prison.”

Taemin frowned, never expecting such a sad story coming from Minho’s past. He couldn’t imagine losing his mother at teenage years, he couldn’t, how hard would it be to continue finding your way through adolescence when you had none of your parents beside you to guide you? “I… I wasn’t expecting this.. I thought that, what Minho hyung did to me in the past, I really thought that he was just, intentionally wanting to harm me.”

“I remember when it all happened, Minho was absolutely devastated for what he had done when he was sober in the jail. He was severely depressed of his actions. He tried to kill himself in jail by not eating, had a lot of insomnia, a lot of counseling, a lot of medicines, it was so hard to watch him during those early years, we all felt so helpless, no matter what we say and what we do for him, he just wants to die.”

Taemin shed a tear, “I think, I sort of understand the feeling.” The feeling that you cannot move on in life because you are paralyzed beyond repair. Taemin smiled, wiping away his tear, he always thought that he was the only one in this whole incident that suffered the most, little did he know that Minho was suffering a lot as well. Guilt is something you cannot erase, it can be permanent, and this kind of guilt is Minho’s to deal with forever, the immense of suffering Minho had to do with might just outweigh the hurt and fear Taemin had to endure.

Jonghyun looked at Taemin and smile, “I knew you would. So, don’t let the past hinder whatever decisions you make for your future to be happy, okay?”

Taemin looked at Jonghyun, surprised at Jonghyun’s hinting, how would Jonghyun know? “What.. what do you mean..” Jonghyun chucked, “I can tell whatever is going on between you and Minho.”

Taemin’s eyes widened, “Geez, am I that obvious?”

Jonghyuhn laughed, “Not really. All I wanted to say is, Minho is a good alpha, he really cares for you, I can tell that there is more, in terms of what he feels for you.” Taemin lowered his head, blushing as he gazed back to Minho in the court. “But, how are we going to work this out? My family is not going to accept Minho.”

“Do you like him? Does being with him makes you happy?”

Taemin bit his lips, “Yes.”

Jonghyun smiled, “Then it’s enough isn’t it? Well, every couple has their past to work on with and problems to deal with, just so happen you and Minho’s is trickier than others. My point is, you and Minho have both paid your dues for your past, its time to move on. Who is going to be held responsible when you are not happy for making a decision to let go of this relationship purely on what happened back ten years ago? Will you be able to bear with if seeing Minho dotes, loves, cares and treats some other omega the way he is treating you now? Will you be able to move on with someone else after the connection you shared with Minho?’

Taemin lowered his head, he would be so heartbroken just imagining Minho hugging some wolf the way he held him, he would be so sad to see Minho even offering his jacket for some guy or girl the same way he offered it to himself. Taemin looked at Jonghyun and smiled, “I think I get what you mean, Jonghyun hyung.”

Jonghyun smiled too, “Glad you did.”

Kibum came jogging back to them, waving Jonghyun’s bottle which is now filled with water. “I am back!” Jonghyun took his bottle over from Kibum and wrapped his sweaty arms around Kibum, the younger just glee in delight, not even disgusted, “Thanks Bummie, you are the best.” Taemin just smiled at the pair’s lovingness.

After another ten minutes or so, the boys finally ended their last game and all retreated to the side of the courts to rest, chit chat and pack up. Jonghyun, Kibum and Taemin left the bleachers to join the gang as well. Taemin slowly walked towards the group of boys, mentally noting where Minho was, he plucked his hands into the pockets as Minho ended his conversation with the boys and came to Taemin.

“Hello Tae ah.” He smiled, before consciously taking a step backwards, smiling apologetic, “Sorry, I must stink a lot now.”

Taemin covered his mouth and laughed, all he could smell was Minho’s cheddar wood peppermint. “Don’t worry, I can hardly smell sweat, your scent is still very strong.” He eyes observed Minho, thoughts about his conversation with Jonghyun flooding his mind. Minho patted his chest, “I’m glad then. What brings you here?”

“I.. I had nothing to do. Thought of dropping by since Kibum is coming over.”

Minho smiled, “Kibum always comes if Jonghyun is playing. You like basketball?”

“I can’t even shoot a basket properly..” Taemin covered his face, embarrassed at his clumsiness. Minho laughed, Taemin was really cute, “Serious? Come, let me guide you, I am sure you can do it, it’s not that hard.” The older boy gestured Taemin to go into the court with him. Taemin peeped through his fingers, “Are you sure? Since young I have had a bad reputation with any type of sports related to round objects.” Minho picked up a basketball from the ground and laughed, “That serious? Come on, it’s not that hard I promise.” Minho was so reassuring that Taemin found himself walking towards Minho who was currently standing a few feet in front of the basket.

“Support the weight of the ball with your left hand, Tae,” Minho stood behind Taemin closely, both of them facing the basket. Minho gently held Taemin’s left arm which is supporting the basketball. “Your right hand will be the one doing all the work to shoot, flex your wrist.” Minho’s right hand guided Taemin’s to position well at the ball, Taemin was blushing from head to toe at the proximity, and Minho was cocooning him from behind, he could smell Minho’s scent mixed with sweat. “Aim for the basket, focus, and flex your wrist when you are ready to shoot, okay?” Taemin’s heart was beating too fast, he couldn’t really focus. He tried his best to aim the basket, and flexed his wrist as the ball when flying out. And it entered the basket. Taemin gasped, he spun around to Minho and shrieked, “I DID IT!!” Minho was in all smiles and laughed as well, “Yes! It’s not that hard, isn’t it?” Taemin was beaming from head to toe, Taemin looked very beautiful when he is smiling, and it made Minho smile too. “Thanks for teaching me, Minho hyung. Hehe.” Taemin felt so confident all of the sudden, should he attempt another shoot? Before he could suggest anything further, the group yelled for the pair from the side of the courts, “Yah! You two!!! We are leaving soon for dinner!’

Taemin chuckled, “Are you going for dinner with them?”

“Are you?” Minho smiled.

“Yes, I am.” Hoping that Minho would go as well.

“Oh,” Minho guided Taemin to the group of people.

“Hey Minho, join us for dinner yah!” Kikwang clung his arm over Minho’s shoulder, Minho laughed,

“Okay.”

Taemin mentally did a fireworks parade, he looked at Minho and both of them smiled.

“Oh wao. GAIS! MINHO IS JOINING! FINALLY!” Kikwang screamed to the gang. They laughed and talked while making their way to a nearby Korean local eatery store.

****

“Bummie, what are you looking at..” Jonghyun nudged his weird looking boyfriend next to him with his elbow, who as frowning while eyeing the pair seated at in front right adjacent to them, while stuffing another spoon of food into his mouth.

“Nothing..”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, he wrapped an arm around Kibum, “Stop spying on them, love.” He then looked at Minho and Taemin, who were also seated side by side each other, looking really happy and seemed to be talking quite intimately with each other, most of the time in a world of their own.

Kibum frowned at Jonghyun, smacking him chest, “Jong you do not understand.”

“Yes I do, love.”

“No you don’t.” Kibum crossed his arms, seemingly annoyed at his boyfriend’s open support of Taemin and Minho’s developing relationship.

“Just look at them.”

Kibum lifted his eyes at look, Taemin was now talking about his essay to Minho, who was listening attentively to him. Kibum heard Minho giving some ideas to Taemin, while the younger one nodded his head. While Taemin continued his talk, Minho grabbed a few side dishes with his chopsticks and placed it in Taemin’s bowl, how he attentively gave Taemin all his attention, how Taemin leaned closer a little to whisper something to Minho, how Taemin blushed, and how they both erupted into a fit of laughter and beamed happily at each other. Kibum groaned, how can talking about essay be so chummy and funny?!

Jonghyun chucked, “Taemin is happy.” Kbum pressed his lips, “Yes he is.” This he cannot deny.

*****

Taemin was in all smiles as soon as he got off the bus and walked towards T Café. It was a beautiful Saturday and a perfect day for a date. Taemin and Minho had exchanged contact numbers and have been texting each other, they had been meeting up frequently at T Café to eat and study, texting each other in between for the last two weeks. And last night, Taemin texting Minho to ask what was he up to tomorrow and the alpha replied that he had to do some furniture shopping for his apartment as the Minho had been neglecting his apartment, choosing to overnight more in the café instead, he felt that it is high time he start to furnish his apartment. Taemin was excited, he never been to Minho’s apartment, though he had been to Minho’s personal bedroom in the café, mostly to take a few things or drop a few things. Ever since the conversation with Jonghyun, Taemin has gradually accepted his attraction towards Minho and the developments in their relationship, he wasn’t sure what they were now: Taemin knew that they were slightly above good friends, for he noticed how Minho would hesitate and blush if he went to close to the alpha, how the alpha only prioritizes him above anything, Taemin was even starting to wonder if Minho was meant to be someone special in his life, for Minho’s scent is always so strong for him, he tried asking Kibum whether he sniffed anything but the latter only shrugged and said no.

Taemin was disappointed when Minho did not ask Taemin to join his furniture shopping. He frowned, only replying a short “Okay, have a great time hyung. J  Good night.” And chucked his handphone aside before covering his head with his blankets, relishing the disappointment.

Few seconds later, his phone vibrated again and Taemin picked it up lazily, only to squeal in delight upon seeing Minho’s “Actually Tae, I have been wondering if you would want to join me tomorrow? I don’t know whether you are busy or not, your exams are around the corner, is this too much to ask from you? Please don’t feel pressured by my request.” Taemin giggled, cradling his phone in his chest, before replying “Shut up hyung, of course I want to. :p” They decided to meet up at Minho’s café first in the morning, if Taemin wanted Minho to cook breakfast, Minho will cook; if Taemin wants breakfast elsewhere then they will go elsewhere for breakfast. Is this what love is? One moment he feels extremely dejected, and the next he is in seventh heaven. Taemin giggled.

Taemin arrived at T Café, the café was closed today. Minho had already given the café’s security door password hence Taemin swiftly tapped the numbers and unlocked the main entrance, as he closed the door and was about to enter the kitchen and bedroom area, he gasped slightly seeing a man walking out. Taemin quickly stopped and bowed a little. The man, tall and broad, looked a lot like Minho but older, most likely Minho’s alpha elder brother, wearing full business attire. Minseok joined eyes with Taemin for a brief few seconds, gave Taemin a little bow and headed to the entrance door and left.

“Minho hyung?”

Taemin peeped into the opened door of the bedroom next to the kitchen area. He saw the alpha seated on the floor, with his back learning against the bed, hands holding unto a something seemingly an invitation card. “Tae.” Minho looked at Taemin with sad eyes, smilling.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Taemin placed his bag aside and crouched down next to Minho. Minho only sighed and smiled, he took another glance at the card and put it away, “Yea, just.. yea. Do you want some breakfast here or elsewhere?”

Taemin sat down and frowned, “You are not okay hyung. Please tell me what is going on.”

Minho sighed, part of him wanted to tell Taemin all of his worries, another part of him is saying that he shouldn’t be burdening the omega any further, “Can i..  Can I just, hug you? I mean, i…” Without hesitation, Taemin instantly dove into Minho’s chest, arms hanging on the alpha’s broad shoulders. Minho immediately returned the embrace, sighing contently upon inhaling Taemin’s sweet scent that calms his worry donw, he nuzzled into Taemin’s neck and tighten his embrace. Things has been getting really out of hand recently for Minho, he has been finding himself in a position whereby he is getting more and more attracted to Taemin at a very alarming rate. He knew that he had fallen for Taemin, but how was this relationship even permissible? Still, he couldn't hold himself back from indulging in Taemin's presence, everything about Taemin just drives him crazy. “Thank you Tae, makes me feel better.. you always do..”

Taemin felt Minho’s uneasiness, “Hyung, are you okay? Please tell me..”

Minho separated from Taemin, hands still holding unto each other “It’s nothing, just that, my brother will be getting married next year. He asked me to be his best men.”

Taemin beamed, “Isn’t that such good news hyung!”

Minho chuckled and sigh, rubbing a finger over Taemin’s cheek, “Yes it is definitely good news. But, I am not sure how ready I am to face my family.. especially my father. My father has never spoken to me ever since ten years ago. The last thing I want is to ruin my brother’s wedding, he has been there for me the past ten years, I.. I owe him a lot… hyung was so sad when I told him I will have to think about it and I feel that I am not a suitable person to be his bestmen..” Taemin looked into Minho’s eyes and smile sadly, “All the more you should say yes, Minho hyung. Your father has to see what a different and good person you are now.” Minho chuckled and tighten his hold on Taemin’s arms, he smiled and looked meaningfully into Taemin’s eyes, “Oh Tae, why do you always manage to say things that calm me down?” Taemin melted in Minho’s stares, Minho cupped a side of Taemin’s face and the omega could hear the silent gratitude that the alpha was sending across to him through their physical contact. In this magical moment, Taemin leaned forward and placed his lips softly on Minho’s. The alpha was taken aback, gasping slightly, before giving into his feelings, returning Taemin’s kisses. Their kiss was soft, gentle as their mouths molded into each other’s, both equally inexperience in this department, and as Minho’s arms traced to Taemin’s back and neck, Taemin felt sensations that he never ever felt before, he let out a soft moan, hands the front shirt of Minho’s, butterflies in his stomach.

Minho snapped out of his hazy thoughts and immediately separated Taemin from himself, looking very ashamed and apologetic, why had not he restrain himself? “ Tae! I… I…”

Taemin only looked at Minho, flustered, still dizzy and breathing heavily from the kiss they just shared. Wave of disappointment gushing through as he watch Minho stood up and retrieve. “Tae I am so sorry! I am so sorry. I am sorry. I shouldn’t have done this, I shouldn’t have.”

“What are you talking about hyung?”

“I am so sorry, I shouldn’t have taken advantage of you.”

“Hyung! What are you talking about? I..I was the one who initiated it.” Taemin felt so hurt seeing the shame written all across Minho’s face, “Was it so disgusting to you? The kiss?”

“NO! No, Tae. But it was wrong, I am so sorry, I shouldn’t hav—“

“What is wrong? Me and you? Because I know that you do feel something for me!” Taemin started crying, what was so wrong? How could Minho said that the kiss was wrong? It was the first time Taemin ever felt contented and calmed.

Minho’s heart broke upon seeing Taemin’s tears, he never wanted to make Taemin cry. “I am so sorry Tae! But, we—we can’t… Tae.. you deserve someone better..”

Taemin shed even more tears. “Are you going to tell me that because of what happened between us ten years ago, we are not supposed to be together even though he are attracted to each other? After what I have gone through to finally accept my feelings for you, are you going to tell me that we cannot be together because of some past?”

“No Tae,” Minho frowned, he went forward hoping to hold Taemin but the younger omega only took steps backwards, “It’s my fault, I should have controlled my feelings, I shouldn’t have led you on,”

Taemin cried, “Stop babying me so much Minho! Just look me in the eye and tell me you don’t love me if you can, because I know you do!” Their eyes connected, Minho’s shameful ones and Taemin’s hurt ones, and Minto stuttered, how could he lie to Taemin? He loves Taemin, never will there be a day he will ever stop loving Taemin after these much time they spent together, bonding with one another. “I was even starting to wonder if we both were soulmates, hyung your scent is forever so strong to me, even ten years ago, I could smell you distinctively, that’s why I went to that dark alley to sniff you out out of curiosity. And I know you have always been finding my scent very strong too.”

Minho felt as if thunder has just struck him. Soulmates?

Taemin shed more tears, feeling utterly heartbroken, he took one last look at Minho before before grabbing his bag and dashing out of T Café.

 

****

 

“Kim, can you come in for a while, there is something I need your help with.”

 

Minseok pressed the intercom to summon his personal assistant. He couldn’t get over the encounter with that blonde boy at Minho’s café earlier this morning. He took out old newspaper that he kept of the court case revolving around Minho and the omega victim Lee Taemin, searching for a picture of Lee Taemin. It wouldn’t be Lee Taemin that was at Minho’s café, would it? Minseok find himself utterly delirious for even having a hunch that that blonde boy is Lee Taemin. But that blonde boy had features that were so similar to the Lee Taemin that Minseok saw few times at court ten years back.

Minseok’s face paled when he finally found the news article that had a passport photo of Lee Taemin. It looks exactly like that blonde boy this morning. How was it possible? Last Minseok heard from the Lee family, which was eight to ten years ago, Lee Taemin was under intensive emotional therapy, it is high impossible for Lee Taemin to be acquainted to Minho after what happened.

“Mr Choi, yes?”

“Kim, get a private investigator to trace this Lee Taemin for me.” Minseok handed the stack of old newspaper containing all the news article reported on Minho’s case ten years ago to his assistant, “As soon as possible.”

“Yes, sir”

MInseok glanced away, finding this way hard to believe, he needed to make sure.

 

****

 

I AM BACK!!! 2min jongkey onew fighting