Chapter 1 - 6 (rewrite)

Heal

chapter 1.

Day 732

 

You know, its almost nearing two years here. I’m sorry, I still can’t bring myself to say your name out loud. The therapist said that in order for me to start ‘healing’, I got to bring myself to say your name out loud, but I just can’t, I just can’t.

I dreamt of you again, last night. This is the fourth time this week I dreamt of you. I saw your tears, your struggle, your resistance, and… your fear. I wake up and find myself back to square one. The walls, the plain walls seem to be closing down on me, they seem to be begging me to forgive myself. But everytime I see you in my dreams, whatever efforts I made in the day, whatever progress I made were all washed down the drains.

It will get better, soon. That’s what they said.

 

**********

 

Minho carefully made his way through the doors, into the brand new apartment. His footsteps were light and careful, like a young birdie being exposed to the real world for the first time. Being so timid and meek used to be a very foreign trait for an Alpha like him, in the past but not so anymore. Everything seems so foreign, from the moment he stepped out of the prison gates until now.

 

“So how? Tell me you like it.”

 

He scanned the surroundings before turning back to face his Alpha elder brother, smiling, “Minseok hyung, its perfect.”

 

**********

 

“No!! NO Please, PLEASE!!”

 

Taemin flinched, his head turned to the side, clutching unto the blankets, sweat were all over his forehead.

 

He was being held down against the ground in a dark alley. He regretted, he shouldn’t have walked back alone at night after school. He ignored his parent’s constant advice that lone Omegas shouldn’t be alone at night. The moment he was slammed unto the walls by this dark and tall stranger Alpha, he regretted all of it. He tried to fight back, he tried his best, he really did, but what are the odds? Omegas were never strong enough to fight back against Alphas who were made to have greater strength.

 

He heard the sounds of his clothes being torn apart, panic rise to a completely new level through his veins when he felt the stranger Alpha pull down his pants too.

 

“NOOO! No!”

 

His eyes were wide opened, filled with tears as he tried his best to push and fight back, trying his best to fight back against being mated against his own will. But the Alpha stranger was strong. He tried, he really tried, he tried…

 

Taemin’s eyes flinch opened. He forced himself to wake up from the dream, in fact. The scent of the Alpha, that cheddar wood peppermint scent, that he hated the most, is still lingering in his mind. It has been what? Ten years since that incident. That incident that permanently scarred his life. He was a lanky fourteen year old teenage Omega already suffering with self esteem issues, and being just made everything plunge to the pit. The news hit the headlines, his parents were furious and got the best lawyer to send the bastard into jail. Everything went smoothly, evidence were concrete enough to pin the bastard down and the fact that Taemin was a minor made things even easier. The verdict was soon reached and justice was served. But Taemin was scarred. Countless therapist sessions and counselling wasn’t doing any good for the omega in the earlier years and Taemin’s parents were worried. It was only in the fourth to fifth year when Taemin started going to college did things became better.

 

Taemin exhaled before glancing at his side to check his alarm clock. 7am, its almost time to get up and get ready for classes. The sudden memory of that Alpha’s alcohol stench and scent crippled Taemin momentarily but Taemin brushed it away quickly. He was getting stronger, stronger and stronger each day. And if he had a choice, he wouldn’t want to meet that Alpha again in his life, never. He prays and hopes that he will never meet Choi Minho again, ever.

 

************

chapter 2.

Day 2035

She challenged me, she said that if I were to get better I have to step out. I hope the therapist knows what she is doing, because in all honesty, I don’t see how this whole thing is going to help me. She said that she knows how you are doing now, that she got news of you. She challenged me to ask, she challenged me to ask her how you have been. I couldn’t, I just couldn’t. What if you’re not okay, what if you ended your life because of my wrongdoings. I just couldn’t. Couldn’t.


Please, please. Please be okay. I’m so sorry, please, please be okay.

...~~`



“Oh my goodness Minho, I have to admit, this looks pretty good.” Jonghyun chuckled as he checked out the surroundings. The medium-sized café was still in the finishing touches stage of the renovation but with the warm yellow lights and some decorations, Jonghyun could totally see this café running.


Minho laughed too, “Told you so, didn’t I.” His beta cousin was pretty much in a panic-ish objection stage when Minho told him that with Minseok hyung’s help, he was going to open a little bakery-café nearby their area’s university. "WHAT?! Seiously Minho?! You should be getting some rest since you’re just out!" That was Jonghyun’s first response, insisting that Minho should be giving himself a bit more time to adjust back to society instead of plunging straight into doing something. Minho knew that Jonghyun cared for him a lot. If it wasn’t for Minseok and Jonghyun hyung, he wouldn’t have been able to survive the ten years sentence. But as an ex-convict, he didn’t really have much choices. With his criminal history and family background, coupled with the fact that he didn’t even manage to finish his college studies, fitting himself back into the wolven community is already hard, finding a job was out of the question.


Minho glanced around the café, a sense of satisfaction growing inside him. The therapist suggested Minho to pick up a hobby or an activity to keep himself distracted or busy because even in Minho’s fifth year in prison, his depression wasn’t getting any better. Minho chose culinary and strangely he found a heaven in the kitchen and a passion for baking. The guilt was still there, the self-condemnation was still there, but things started to get better. Minseok was really happy too whenever he visited Minho and found his younger brother starting to show signs of improvement, Minho still remember the day when Minseok broke down in front of him during one of the visits, saying that he wasn’t able to contain his emotions because he was really glad and relieved that Minho was getting better. It wasn’t long after that Minho started committing himself to the alcohol and drug rehabilitation program. For once, he wanted to be clean of his destructive past as a teenager and young adult. And now, Minho was all geared up to finishing the renovation works and get his bakery café going. He was excited, excited to start afresh.

 

...~~`



Taemin burst out into laughter with the rest of the class at the end of the presentation that was just given by Kibum. He had to hold unto his stomach as Kibum made his way back from the podium to his seat, which is next to Taemin, making annoying faces to his classmates who were still in the aftermath of laughing too much.


“Can’t believe you actually presented that to Lecturer Kim, hyung, I thought you were just messing around last week!” Kibum had always been very bold and daring in his ideas. Kibum, though being an omega, had always been extremely daring and bold. Taemin knew for a fact that his best friend had been like this during their undergraduate studies and he wasn’t expecting Kibum to tone it down now that they are postgraduate students. “Did you see the look on Lecturer Kim’s face! Hahahaha..”


Kibum rolled his eyes for the n-th time today, “Oh quit laughing Lee Taemin. Well he gave me a commercial as my mid term assignment, and knowing me, I don’t think he was expecting anything ‘normal’ from me!”


Taemin continued to laugh, “Yea I bet he did not. But neither did he expected you to be this blunt and daring! Haha, anyways hyung, I have to admit, it was awesome! Very creative, i would say, hahahhaha.”


Kibum shrugged like a diva, giving Taemin a what-the-hell-of-course-im-kibum look before the younger erupted into a fit of laughter once again.

 

...~~`



Minho shifted uncomfortably in his seat as the waitress served them their dinner. He begin picking on his food, trying his best to adjust to the atmosphere of the first class restaurant that he is currently in. The soft chattering from the tables across them, the expensive suits and dresses, the fine champagne and the sound of cutleries clinking unto one another made him nervous.


“Minho? You don’t like the food?”


Minseok could no longer ignore the awkwardness that his younger brother was channeling seated opposite him. He knew that it had only been a month since Minho was released and that Minho needed time to adjust and etc, perhaps he was wrong to bring Minho to such a place for dinner. Back then they used to dine in expensive places often but given the years Minho spent in prison and the emotional patches that he went through, Minseok was starting to regret his decision.


“… No, its… its nice..”


Minseok exhaled and dropped his knife and fork, “Minho, its okay. It has been ten years since, nobody recognizes you here. People move on, they forget things.” He tried to coach, seeing that Minho was always either lowering his gaze or trying to crouch to avoid people from recognizing him. Minho frowned, how was it possible not for people to recognize him? Yes, although it has been ten years since, but he was still the youngest son of the Choi Corporation and Minseok is running the company now. These people of the upper social class especially the wolven community can easily identify Minseok and then himself. Perhaps he still feels guilty and unworthy, Minho thought, that’s why he was behaving in such a way, overreacting when Minseok was right that people can hardly recognize him.


Minseok exhaled once again, decided to drop this topic, no point forcing Minho. Instead, he slipped a medium sized rectangular gift box in front of Minho and gestured him to open it. “Its from Appa, gift for you.” And for the first time, Minseok saw Minho’s face lifted into a form a hope, he placed his cutleries down, took the gift box and begin to unravel it. But the sight that greeted Minho made him a thousand times sadder. Minho slowly placed the opened gift box back on the dining table, revealing its contents – an expensive looking tie with dark blue stripes.


“Why?” Minseok questioned.


“Hyung, this isn’t from Appa. He doesn’t know my favourite color.” Minho’s voice was filled with anguish and sadness, similar to a ten year old kid that could never gain his father’s approval or recognition no matter how much he tried. And Minseok sighed, “Minho, I’m sorry. Yes, it’s not from Appa.” Minho lowered his head slightly, trying his best to fight the sadness budding inside him. His father had been gravely disappointed by his wrongdoings ten years ago, he never visited Minho in the prison, not even once and Minho silently knew that his alpha father had disowned him. He was momentarily shocked and happy when he thought that his father really got him something.


“Minho, look I’m sorry,” Minseok sighed, “Take it as a gift from me then? For the opening of your café tomorrow.”


Minho smiled, “No hyung, thanks. I really appreciate it.” He wouldn’t blame Minseok, he knew that Minseok was just trying to make him happy. And he was happy, even thought it was just for a split second, even though it did not stem from something real.

 

...~~`



The grand opening of Minho’s café had been a busy one for himself and his crew. Since the café was just budding, he hired two pastry chefs and two baristas to commence business, and as the owner and boss of the café, Minho would be helping both in the kitchen and up front. He named his bakery café The T Café, in memory of the teenage boy that he hurt ten years ago and Jonghyun choked against his own breakfast when Minho told him about this the other day. “WHAT?!” That was the only word that Jonghyun blurted out in between coughs and Minho laughed. Perhaps it was his way of seeking atonement, or rather his way of compensating the teenage boy, but either way Minho was fine with it, he liked the name in fact.


“Jong, I thought you should be in your office right now instead of being here,” Minho nudged Jonghyun as he passed a tray of freshly baked strawberry doughnut and a mug of hot latte to Jonghyun, motioning him to serve it to the group of university students. “Well you should be thankful that I am here helping you otherwise you would be running around the café!” Jonghyun hissed, leaning against the counter before heading off to serve the food. Jonghyun had been running his family’s trading company since he finished his university studies.


Minho chuckled, “Cut it out Jong,” he continued when Jonghyun came back to the counter area after serving, “You are checking out the cute university boys. Stop being such a e. ” Jonghyun snapped around and glared at Minho with a murderous look on his face which earned a laugh from Minho. “I am not even old enough to be called a e! And for the record I am totally not checking anyone out okay.” Jonghyun blurted even though his gaze automatically trailed to the cute boys that came entering the café. Minho knew Jonghyun too well. “Ya right. So found anyone you like?” He asked jokingly and Jonghyun glared at him before giving out a low “Nooo.” And Minho laughed.

 

...~~`



Taemin look a good look at the bakery café ten metres in front of him. The T Café. He knew that the café was a new one in the vicinity of his university and today was the grand opening of the café seeing the fully seated café and the long queue in front of the counter through the French glasses. His coursemates were all thumbs up about this café after trying out the café’s menu themselves and strongly recommended Taemin to try it out himself too.


Taemin tucked his sling bag as he entered the cozy café and approached the waiter that was busy cleaning up after a customer just left. “Good afternoon, I’m here to meet up with the owner? I’m a student from Song Jung University and I’m here for the media project.” Taemin explained politely and the waiter requested him to wait as he went to get his boss. Taemin inhaled the smell of freshly baked pastries that was invading his nostrils and smiled, he already had a good feeling of this project. He scanned the surroundings of the café and roughly had an idea and concepts for the commercial video and website design. As media design students, they were already accustomed to have projects as such where they collaborate with real designers or entrepreneurs and Taemin was confident this round that he will be able to deliver a good project, which in turn will give him a good grade to conclude his masters studies.


Taemin smiled when he heard rustled footsteps nearing him and the waiter’s voice. It must be the shop owner. Taemin spun around with excitement, excited to discuss and pitch his ideas to the owner but the sight that greeted him and the cheddar wood peppermint scent made him went pale.


Choi Minho.

That scent that he hated the most, that had been lingering in his mind, he was actually sniffing it. Fear started budding inside Taemin.


Minho was mirroring Taemin’s expressions when he got a good look of Taemin and their brown orbs met for the first time after ten years.


“You look like a good ! Huh..”

“NO! Please, leave me alone.. please..”

“LET ME GO! AHHHhh! No!”

Memories of that fateful night begin to pour into both Minho and Taemin’s mind as their eyes were locked in one another, both feeling extremely shocked and overwhelmed by each other’s scent, minds unable to process that they were so near to each other yet the memories were hurting them, bringing back the pain that both of them struggled to bury and hide. Taemin begin to tear, chest heaving because everything became so vivid now that he sees and smells Choi Minho alive and real in front of him. He held unto his chest with one hand as he slowly took a few steps backward, fear inside him being in front of his assaulter. He spun around and begin to take off towards the directions of the exit, the tension was too much for him to take in, leaving Minho rock stunned standing there.


Taemin…..

 

...~~`



“No! Please, leave me alone.. please..”


Taemin opened his eyes at the sound of his alarm clock cringing. Cheddar wood peppermint. He was dreaming again. Scenes of meeting Choi Minho yesterday played through his mind again. Taemin cringed when he replayed the moment where their brown orbs met and interlocked with one another. Choi Minho definitely changed drastically after these ten years. The Choi Minho that lives in his memories and nightmares was a wasted, abusive, rough and messed-up youngster alpha but the Choi Minho yesterday was completely different, looking clean, mature and well-toned. But Taemin shivered the moment their eyes met and their scents mingled, the same pair of eyes that gave him no mercy, that dominated him and inflicted pain on him.

 

...~~`



Taemin was surprised when Professor So called him up to his office today after classes. “T Café’s owner, Mr Choi dropped by this morning. He requested to cancel the collaboration if that is your wish, citing personal reasons. Now I am not going to probe further, but since the entrepreneur already said so, you can opt out of this project and get another party to collaborate with.”


Taemin bit his lips upon hearing the news. He was debating with himself how he was supposed to continue with this project and he should be thrilled by the fact that Choi Minho offered to pull out in the first place. But Taemin frowned. A project is a project, how could he let his personal issues get in the way of it?


“Professor So, please inform Mr Choi that I am fine with the collaboration.”

 

...~~`



“WHAT?!” Jonghyun startled, “Are you saying the project with Song Jung, the student that you are collaborating with is Lee Taemin?!” Minho sighed mentally before nodding his head “Are you sure Minho?! Are you positively sure its him? I mean, we are in Seoul and it has been like what, ten years?! What are the chances of you two bumping into one another?! This is like some freaking drama you know.”


Minho sighed out loud. Fate must be playing a joke on both if them. The odds of them meeting one another is so low yet it happened. Minho was very sure that it is Lee Taemin. He was extremely drunk that fateful night but he remembered Lee Taemin’s scent, freshly baked cranberry cookies. And the way their eyes connected, the way Taemin cringed, the way he shed tears and the way he ran out of the café was prove. It really is Lee Taemin. The guilt came back crushing him like waves when he witnessed how affected Taemin was. But nevertheless he felt relieved that Taemin was fine. Minho was determined to make their collaboration a smooth one, given that Taemin insisted in continuing the project. The last thing he wants to do is to make Taemin suffer more.



...~~`
to be continued...

chapter 3.

“Taemin, I am not letting you do this.”

 

Taemin was on his way towards The T Café after their last lecture to being the collaboration assignment when Kibum was trying his best to convince him otherwise. Taemin chuckled seeing how his best friend is trying his best to walk facing backwards in front of him with both his hands held out in attempt to stop him. “Kibum hyung, its going to be okay.”

 

“What?! Taemin, how is this going to be okay you tell me?” Kibum gasped, his best friend whom he knew had a super hard time getting over the alpha that turned his life upside down is now collaborating with that same alpha for his final assignment. No way in hell is he going to be okay with this. “How can you be so calm and okay with this whole Taemin? You should have just accepted it when he wanted to pull out! You know what, lets go back and talk to Professor So now, tell him you will find another party for your assignment.”

 

Taemin paused from walking abruptly and laughed, “Hyung, stop overreacting, it has been what? Ten years? Its going to be okay.”

 

“Oh really?! God knows what he is going to do to you this round Taemin! Taemin, we stand no chance if an alpha forces us down, and he is dangerous!”

 

Taemin sighed, that is true. Although Choi Minho seemed to be a completely different person now but yes, indeed Choi Minho was a dangerous person, he was a criminal and Taemin would be lying to himself if he were to tell Kibum that he felt completely fine with this project. But a project is a project nevertheless. “Hyung you know what, if you are that worried why don’t you come along with me?”

 

...~~`

 

Taemin was slightly embarrassed as he made his way into The T Café with Kibum shielding him in front of him, as if they were walking on a war zone or something. As the bells of the café door chimed, Taemin was mentally prepared to face Choi Minho once again and silently bucked up all the courage he has to get through with this project. He was slightly taken aback when a blonde haired beta approached them and ushered them to their seats instead of Choi Minho.

 

“You must be Lee Taemin. My name is Kim Jonghyun. Choi Minho had to attend to other matters today, that’s why im standing in for him. But don’t you worry, I am the other main shareholder of T Café and rest assure that Minho will be agreeable with whatever I say yes too.” Jonghyun mentally told himself that Minho is going to so murder him after this.

 

Taemin nodded slowly, feeling rather relieved that he didn’t have to face Minho, yet.

 

“Before we talk about the project, mind if I get you two something to drink and eat? Feel free to chose from the menu, its on the house for you Taemin, and of course your pretty little friend here.” Kibum’s head snapped up immediately hearing Jonghyun’s comment and Jonghyun winked at Kibum.

 

“YAH! I am not drinking or eating any single freaking thing from this café! And you erted alpha! Ttop looking at me like this!” Kibum stood up and Taemin immediately pulled him back down, preventing him from creating a scene in the café.

 

“Jonghyun shi, I will have latte. And one mocha for Kibum here please.” Jonghyun smiled curtly and left their table, leaving a furious looking Kibum throwing dagger stares at Jongyun’s back. “Oh my god did you hear what he called me? I tell you, I am so g—“

 

“Hyung, Jonghyun shi is just teasing you. And I thought you like being called pretty anyway?” Taemin joked. He begin to unwrap his backpack to retrieve his sketch book, iPad and pencils, ready for the discussion.

 

“Hell no I don’t!” A faint pink tinting his cheeks as he shrieked, “Anyways! Don’t you smell something really strong here?” Kibum clipped his nose and looked right and left, “Is there some sort of perfume or scnet pouch here in this café?” Taemin eyed Kibum weirdly, “Uh no, I don’t seem to smell anything hyung. Are you okay?”

 

Kibum exhaled and rolled his eyes, “There is a strong scent of, I don’t know, bonfire wood or something here?”, Taemin continued to eye Kibum weirdly, there wasn’t any strong scent here that he could detect and there definitely isn’t a bonfire here in a cafe. “Anyways, what’s with that Choi Minho. How can an ex-convict be so busy huh, count himself lucky then, I would have beaten the crap out of him if I met him today.” Taemin chuckled and shake his head at Kibum.

 

And so the same routine happened for the next couple of weeks. Taemin would come for discussions, pitch his ideas and pass whatever draft deliverables to Jonghyun for Minho’s opinions and approval. Jonghyun would offer them free drinks and food, and despite complaining that the restaurant must have hid a bonfire somewhere because the scent is so strong, Kibum would tag along for the food although he and Jonghyun was starting to develop a lovers-quarel-bickering type of relationship. Strangely Minho was always busy ‘attending to other matters’ whenever Taemin dropped by for discussions and although Taemin was relieved with such arrangements, he was nonetheless curious, okay slightly only, as to whether it was really of such coincidence.

 

It was during one Monday evening did Taemin paused his footsteps as he was passing by the café on his way back home, and took a glance. There he spotted Choi Minho at the counters serving his customers through the glass windows. Taemin had to admit, Minho definitely looked much better after all these years, he was tall, well-toned and looking smart and dashing in a white-light pinkish dress shirt all buttoned up. Perfect looking for an alpha. No one could tell that he has criminal records by looking at him right now. Taemin observed Choi Minho from afar, the way he prepared the customers’ drinks and served them with a bright smile, the way he encouraged and taught his crew, the way he moved around the café cleaning up the tables after the customers. Taemin wasn’t aware that he had been standing there for almost ten minutes until he heard a loud thundering sound from the dark sky above him and before he could lift up his head, the sky was pouring down rain and the pedestrians where all frantically running to search for shelter. Taemin gasped at the pouring rain and attempted to cover his head with his one hand as he dashed towards the porch of The T Café for shelter, the only spot that was nearest to him then.

 

Taemin felt really awkward, he did not enter the café but he could tell that Choi Minho must have spotted him through the glass windows because it wasn’t long after then that he heard the door opening bells chimed and the waiter came towards him sheepishly. “Lee shi? My boss is asking you to come in,” Taemin lowered his head and shake his head gently, partly because he was shivering from the cold wind. “Please? My boss insist. Please, please come in.” Taemin didn’t have the heart to turn down the waiter and awkwardly made his way into the café, his body instantly warming up as the waiter ushered him to the table at the far most corner of the café. Taemin thanked the waiter as he served him a cup of hot latte and provided him with a towel to dry himself. He carefully searched for Choi Minho through the edges of his vision but soon realized that the elder was no where to be found in the café. Taemin knew that Choi Minho must have ‘hid’ himself somewhere knowing that Taemin might not be comfortable with his scent and presence, and Taemin smiled a little. There was a heavy smell of coffee brewing that soaked the entire café, Taemin couldn’t detect any of Minho’s cheddar wood peppermint scent. He slowly sipped the latte and rested his head against his arms as he observed the rain outside. Funny he thought to himself, it was the first time he actually felt calm knowing that Choi Minho was somewhere near him.

 

...~~`

 

“Is he drinking the latte? Did you make it hotter than the usual? What about the towel? Did you hand it to him? Is he sufficiently dried?”

 

Minho bombarded his waiter boy with a string of questions as soon as the waiter entered the kitchen area of the café. “Yes Mr Choi, he did. If you are that worried, why don’t you give it to him youself?” The waiter asked out of curiosity and Minho shake his head, “Ah its okay. Make sure that you continue to brew coffee until he leaves too, thanks.” Minho remained at the kitchen area until the rain stopped and his waiter informed him that Taemin had left already. For the first time, Minho felt glad, he thought that Taemin wouldn’t come into the café at all knowing that he is here, he thought that Taemin would rather endure the cold and rain then to be under the same roof as him. Minho slowly approached the table where Taemin sat just now, looking at the empty latte mug and the towel neatly folded on the table. He smiled, for once feeling a tiny piece of his soul healing as he inhaled the faint scent of freshly baked cranberry cookies.

 

...~~`
to be continued...

 

thanks to xoxflyxox and infinity_dreamLOL for subbing! hehe 2min jongkey onew fighting!!

chapter 4.

“Im home!” Taemin chirped as he entered his house, loosening his shoes laces and chucking his shoes aside before hoping into the living room. “Oh Taemin ah you’re back! I was starting to wonder if something had happened to you!” His mother greeted him as he made his way into the kitchen. Taemin laughed a little, “Oh it was raining heavily just now and I had to find shelter.” His mother nodded absent mindedly as she stirred the pot of soup at the stove, “Okay okay. Now get yourself bathed okay, you wouldn’t want to fall sick. You father and brother will be back soon and dinner is almost ready.”

 

Taemin made his way into his room, slowly removing his coat and shirt getting ready to take a bath. His parents had come a long way since the incident. Imagine having your youngest omega son being a victim. His mother had to sleep with Taemin for the first few years, to stay by Taemin’s side because everynight he would cry himself to sleep and wake up screaming because of his nightmares. His father searched high and low for a good physiatrist, hoping that his son would heal emotionally. Imagine the pain they had to endure seeing Taemin making no improvements at all for the first few years, slowly deteriorating and slowly distancing himself from the society and people around him. They blamed themselves for not protecting Taemin better but Taemin never blamed them in the first place. He knew that his parents, especially his mother, although after these years and Taemin being twenty-four, still tend to over-worry and overreact when Taemin comes back home a little later than usual, or when they couldn’t reach Taemin through the phone.

 

Taemin remembers how sad his parents were in the earlier years and how furious and helpless Taesun felt. Taemin wonders how their reactions would be if they found out that he is collaborating with Choi Minho for his assignment.

 

...~~`

 

“Urm.”

 

Taemin snapped out from his daydreaming when he felt a nudge on his shoulder. “Your postman is back.” Taemin swear although Kibum tried his best to look as frustrated and annoyed as possible, there was a slight quiverness in his lips that spelled he enjoyed the postman trip. Taemin chuckled, “Hyung, quit looking so depressed. I am only asking a simple favor from you to collect my projects from Jonghyun shi, is it really that bad?”

 

Kibum snorted before throwing his usual diva-ish flare, “Well you can try dealing with him then!”

 

“Just admit it, you enjoy meeting him. You want to meet him, in fact, so I am just doing both us a favor, killing two birds with one stone kind of thingie, you know.”

 

“WHAT?! Take that back Lee Taemin! I do not want to meet him!” Kibum’s face was flushing pink now. Turns out the strong bonfire scent that Kibum kept on detecting in T Café was afterall Jonghyun’s scent. Kibum found out about this one day when he had to meet up with Jonghyun outside of the café last week to pass a project milestone deliverable urgently for Taemin. From then, things started to change between Kibum and Jonghyun. Kibum believed in soulmates. For wolves, scent of their soulmates would appear stronger than other wolves. Kibum believed that this is the reason why Taemin did not notice Jonghyun’s scent at all from the beginning.

 

Taemin laughed, “Says the person who left his number on the napkin for Jonghyun shi. Not to mention you text him everyday.”

 

Kibum glared at Taemin with murderous look, “I was just being courteous since he asked for my number! And hey, how did you know I am texting him?! Lee Taemin, you’ve been through my phone is it?!” Taemin chuckled, nope he did not, but it was so obvious when Jonghyun’s name popped out when Kibum’s phone beeped. Kibum swung his bag against his shoulder and begin to leave, “Aiks we will continue this conversation soon! Aikkss if its not for this class that im running late, count yourself lucky..” Taemin could hear Kibum grumping as he strode further away and he laughed, he bet his life that Kibum and Jonghyun would be mated within the next few years.

 

He brought his attention back to the parcel that was freshly delivered to him, opened with that tiny bit of anxiety. Taemin removed the parcel envelope to retrieve his drawing boards, while lifting the envelope higher, a coffee bean rolled out. Taemin picked up the coffee bean and sniffed it, it’s the same type of coffee bean scent that he detected in T café during that rainy day. Taemin started to feel suspicious. Could it be that Minho is staying away from Taemin, filled the café with coffee scent and scents every parcel that he passes to Taemin with coffee just to ease Taemin? Taemin pressed his lips together, if this is true, Minho was indeed thoughtful.

 

Taemin placed the coffee bean down and retrieved his drawing board, he frowned, as usual, Choi Minho approved everything once again. Taemin put down his drawing boards and looked away momentarily, at this rate, he could complete the assignment within the next two weeks, and all in all he took two months to wrap up the whole thing, too fast compared to the usual cycle of four months. He should be happy right? He wanted minimum contact with Choi Minho and he gave exactly what Taemin wanted to Taemin. But the project was lacking in so many areas, Taemin felt. Sure he was happy with what he came up so far, but everything felt so one-sided. Taemin felt confident that even without Choi Minho’s input, his project was going to fare him a good passing mark. But is this what he is going to settle for?

 

Taemin looked at the little coffee bean on his table.

 

...~~`

 

It was during a few days later when Taemin found himself stopping at his tracks as he passed by the T café on his way back home in the afternoon. He didn’t even know why he bothered stopping but something was just tempting him to take a glance at the café and that’s what he did. And as usual, he spotted Choi Minho behind the counter area with his barista, actively serving their customers with full smiles. Taemin then thought of his assignment, which went on a complete standstill after the other day. He thought of finalizing the drawing boards since there wasn’t much to be done considering the fact that he wasn’t going to get any input from Choi Minho, but he just couldn’t. The drawing boards seemed perfect to Taemin, seemed. Yet he found no urge to finalize it and found himself wanting for some sort of input from Choi Minho.

 

Before Taemin’s mind could process anything, he found himself at the café’s front door, pushing it open with both his hands. He froze slightly, wondering at the back of his mind what on earth is he doing when he could tell that Choi Minho was visibly shaken seeing his presence but nevertheless he made his way to the corner table next to the glass windows. Taemin felt slightly embarrassed when the waiter came to him smiling sheepishly, holding a mug of hot latte and a plate of freshly baked waffles decorated with fresh fruits around it. “Good afternoon Mr Lee, please enjoy. The waffles are new on the menu by the way.” Taemin smiled and thanked the waiter. There is something new on the menu? Taemin grabbed the menu which was parked at the corner of the round table like a notebook and found a few new items being added into it. Feeling excited thinking that this might bring him new inspirations for his assignment, he began taking out his sketchbook and stationeries to take down the new items and brain storm for new ideas, momentarily forgetting that Choi Minho has retrieved to the kitchen, and how all of the sudden all the coffee machines in the café was instructed by Minho to be fired up to brew coffee.

 

...~~`

 

 

“May I enquire why am I given the honor to have you helping me out today, again?” Minho joked as they stacked the chairs of the café on top of the tables and begun sweeping the floors. It was already six in the evening and Minho already let his crew leave, leaving himself to close up the kitchen and café area. But today as usual, Jonghyun dropped by and is now offering Minho a helping hand. The dino had been dropping by on and off recently, claiming to be genuine in his offer of help but Minho doubted so.

 

“Yah, just accept it as your hyung wanting to be kind okay.”

 

Minho laughed, “Don’t fool me Jong. Forget about it, Kibum left with Taemin earlier just now, he is not around here anymore.” Minho swear he could see Jonghyun’s facial expression changed into a disappointed one when he paused from sweeping. “Says who. He can go wherever and be anywhere he wants, I couldn’t care less wokay.” And Minho laughed, he knew that Jonghyun had been dropping by here and then just for a chance to bump into Kibum, trying his best to match his work schedules with Kibum’s classes just so he could make more encounters with Kibum.

 

“Don’t laugh at me okay, at least mine is better than yours.” Jonghyun stuck out his tongue at Minho.

 

“Mine? What are you talking about.”

 

“Oh stop pretending okay, I know all about it, your little quiet routine with Taemin.” Jonghyun said, “How he always comes to the café to do his work and everything. Seriously Minho, what are you guys up to anyway? It not healthy you know.” And Minho shifted uncomfortably. Actually he can’t really explain what is going on between him and Taemin much. It has been of such for the past three weeks, Taemin would come in two or three days a week and occupy his usual spot, and Minho would serve him food. Initially Minho hid himself behind the kitchen, but slowly he begin to come out bit by bit when he realize that Taemin didn’t show signs of agitation or fear, Minho figured the coffee scent must be helping a lot, hence he had been brewing coffee non stop. It then became a sort of quiet routine of theirs and it even came to a point where Minho reserved Taemin’s usual spot for Taemin, whether Taemin came or not.

 

“Well, Taemin isn’t complaining about it right?” Minho eyed Jonghyun. He knew that Taemin confides in Kibum, and Kibum the diva being a very vocal person would voice out his frustrations, or rather Taemin’s, to Jonghyun whenever he can. Not to mention when Kibum first found out that Taemin had been dropping by his café, he came along with Taemin and even went up straight to Minho to threaten Minho that if he were to hurt or attempt to hurt Taemin, he will as much as so castrate him single handedly. Minho could only nod his head repeatedly, being too intimidated by this feisty omega. For Minho, as long as Taemin doesn’t feel uncomfortable, he was fine with anything really. Right now, just having Taemin near him was some sort of atonement to Minho. It might be Minho’s wishful thinking, but every moment that Taemin spend not rejecting him, it was atonement for Minho.

 

“Well, no, not that I heard of.”

 

Minho went back to stacking the chairs, allowing Jonghyun’s random blabbering to fall into background music. When he came to the corner table, the spot that Taemin always occupied, Minho let out a small gentle smile, if only he could tell Taemin that he looked absolutely cute when he was so absorbed doing his work, not to mention the way he pouted and bit the tip of his pen when he was deep in thought.

 

 

...~~`

 

 

So it came Thursday and Taemin was in the café at his usual corner, as usual. He became a frequent so much so that Minho’s baristas and waiter started naming that table the ‘Taemin shi area’ and although they were all rather curious about their boss’ relationship with this beautiful blonde boy, due to how their boss is always so eager to serve the blonde boy properly but the two never once exchanged a word, they did not budge. As for Minho, he felt contented with this routine. Minho closed the cashier tray thanking the college girl for her purchase, he lifted his eyes to see Taemin. Minho is guessing that Taemin must be anticipating a test or examination soon as Taemin had his laptop in front of him and couple of books plopped opened at both his sides as he took down notes and study.

 

A couple of hours soon passed and Minho only realize so when his baristas and waiter came into the kitchen to inform their boss that they are about to leave for the day and Minho gladly bid them goodbye, including his chef. Minho then proceeded to tidy up the kitchen baking area before heading out to the café to do his usual sweeping. When he walked pass the counter area, he was shocked to find Taemin still at his spot. The blonde boy had fallen fast asleep in front of his laptop using his arms as his pillow. Minho slowly approached Taemin, unsure whether he should be going near at all, admiring how angelic Taemin looked in his sleep. For a split second, it pained Minho’s heart that he had actually been the reason for tears to run down this angelic face. Minho was about to remove the mug of latte that was sitting next to Taemin’s books when the blonde boy suddenly woke up hearing footsteps approaching him. Taemin’s sudden waking shocked Minho and before he could react, the mug of latte slipped out of his hand and fell unto the floor just below Taemin’s table, the mug breaking into pieces and the remainings of the latte split all over, some on Taemin’s pants.

 

“Oh my god! I..” Minho had his eyes opened wide and an expression of apologetic, shocked and not-knowing-what-to-do on his face as he held both his hands in mid air. He quickly rushed to the counter area to grab a clothe and begin kneeling on the floor, picking up the broken mug pieces and wiping away the split latte. Taemin was just staring at Minho the whole time, firstly he was still in the just-woke-up-daze and secondly he was slightly taken aback to have Choi Minho so close to him. Now that the café had started to close down, Minho’s cheddar wood peppermint scent was getting stronger, and it put Taemin slightly unease.

 

“I.. Im really sorry, for your pants.” Minho stood up, holding the wet clothe and mug pieces in his hand, feeling really apologetic that he awake Taemin and then he split latte on the boy’s pants. Taemin took a look at his pants and shake his head gently, still not meeting Choi Minho’s eyes, “Its.. fine..” Minho brought the mug pieces and clothe to the kitchen and disposed them properly before rushing out of the kitchen, hoping to apologize again to Taemin. He felt a wave of disappointment when he came out and found that the only thing left on the table was the empty plate and tray, Taemin had packed his belongings and left.

 

...~~`

 

 

Taemin did not came to café ever since that incident and Minho can’t help but to feel extremely affected by this. He blamed himself for being such a nosey person, if he hadn’t gone near Taemin, he wouldn’t have woke the boy up and got himself shock to spill the latte. What a way of making your first impression on him after ten years, Choi Minho, way to go, Minho thought. And when Taemin did not return for one week straight, Minho found himself on the verge of exploding with frustration and disappointment. He continued to brew coffee though, hoping that one day Taemin would drop by. As soon as he ended work, cleaning up and tidying the café, he got his bag strapped up and headed down to town on his motorbike, acknowledging the fact that needed a breather to smoothen things in his mind.

 

Minho felt much better as he drove down the busy streets of Seoul, letting the night wind breeze through his skin. He observed the street lights, the crowd and the shops, realizing that he hadn’t really visited the malls or shops even since he got out, he had been devoting all his time on setting up the café and running it. Minho smiled when he spotted a bookstore at the end of the street ahead of him. He loved reading, a habit he picked up while he was in prison. He quickly parked his bike and headed into the bookstore, hoping to be able to shop for some good books that will keep his mind off Taemin.

 

The bookstore was slightly packed with people as it had a huge ‘Up to 50 percent discount’ sign outside. Though it has gotten much better now, Minho still felt slightly uncomfortable with large crowds of people. He slowly made his way from the magazines to the bestsellers sections, fishing out books that he thought would be worth the buy into his basket. Minho was about to leave the biography section when the scent of freshly baked cranberry cookies invaded his nostrils and a figure entered his vision along with the soft voice. As hard as it is to believe, at this very moment Minho really believed that fate was playing tricks on him because he saw Lee Taemin standing infront of the book shelf, holding two books in his hand, apparently finding it hard to chose in between the two.

 

“Omo, aigoooo,” Minho had to resist smiling because Taemin looked absolutely like a lost deer, “This or, this? This… But…” Taemin finally placed the green covered book in his right hand back into shelf dejectedly, he really wanted to buy both the books but he already bought eight in the past two weeks, if he were to buy both, he would really be eating cucumber and sky juice for lunch for the rest of the month. Taemin seemed to have detected Minho’s scent as well, he spun around warily to meet Choi Minho’s eyes. Both were equally stunned; Minho because he didn’t know how or what to say to Taemin, and Taemin because he didn’t expect to be bumping into Minho here. After a five second of staring competition between Minho and Taemin, Taemin finally took many steps backwards and turned around to leave, leaving a flustered Minho behind.

 

Minho sullenly took his basket to the counter and patiently waited as the cashier checked his items out and made payment. He felt absolutely defeated now. He headed out for a breather just to escape from his thoughts of Taemin only to bump into Taemin again and have the younger boy back away from him. It made him felt extra worse.

 

Minho left the bookstore and headed to his motor bike. Was about to put on his helmet when he spotted Taemin leaving the bookstore alone. Minho frowned instantly, was Taemin going to walk back on his own? It was already ten at night now. Seeing that Taemin continued in his walk down the street, making no signs of waiting for his transport, Minho decided that he couldn’t leave the younger boy like this, it was dangerous for omegas to walk alone. He dropped his helmet on top of his bike and jogged towards Taemin. Taemin was startled initially but that cheddar wood peppermint scent, he knew it was Minho. He did not look back, continued to walk, noting that Minho had kept a good few feet distance between them.

 

“Are..you going to walk back alone?”

 

“Bus stop. There.” Taemin turned around to face Minho. He gestured to the bus stop which was two blocks down the street, still refusing to look into Minho’s eyes.

 

“Its dark already, let me take you to the bus stop then? My bike is just there.” Although the bus stop isn’t extremely far away from where they were now, still it was a fifteen minutes’ walk and many things can happen within fifteen minutes. Taemin glanced at the motor bike which was parked outside the bookstore and kept quiet. Indeed it was dangerous and its already late, but to ride on the same bike with Choi Minho? Be that close to Choi Minho? He wasn’t sure about it. Minho’s scent and having him near is still traumatic for him. He appreciated Minho’s kindness, but still, its just so…

 

As though Minho could read Taemin’s thought, he wanted to smack himself on the head. What a stupid idiot of him to suggest such a lousy idea, of course Taemin wouldn’t feel comfortable with it. “Im sorry, what if I walk you to the bus stop then? Just for your safety? Please? I promise to maintain a good distance. I go get my bike and walk with you.” Before Taemin could say anything, Minho already ran towards his bike and Taemin could only watch sheepishly as the elder boy came towards him pushing his bike beside him, still keeping a good few feet distance between them. “Lets go, shall we?”

 

Taemin could only bit his lips against one another as they walked down the street. There was a two to five minutes of silence with just pure walking until Minho decided to break the silence, “You take the bus a lot?” Taemin was flustered, “Ya.. to classes.” “Oh.” There was another thirty seconds silence. “Are you parents okay?” Taemin head snapped towards Minho before nodding his head swiftly.

 

“Please, please Mr Lee. My brother is only nineteen! Lets solve this outside court, we can pay for treatments, we can do anything, please..”

“What about my son?! He is only fourteen!! Have you ever though how my son is going to face his future and his future mate?  NO! And we will not accept money from you!! Your brother is a and he will pay for it!!”

“No please, lets talk about this, please..”

 

Taemin remembered, he was hiding upstairs in his room but he heard everything.

 

“That’s good, really.” Taemin saw Minho smiled, a genuine one, before lifting his head up to the sky, “Ahh, the stars are really bright tonight.” Taemin looked up and smiled too.

 

They continued to walk in silence until they reached the bus stop. Seeing that there were other people there waiting for the bus as well, Minho felt safer to leave Taemin here. He smiled, “I guess… its here then. Stay safe okay.” Taemin bit his lips and nodded his head, it was then he saw Minho grabbing a book from the bag in his bike and gently shoved it into Taemin’s hands, “Good night.” Minho swiftly put on his helmet and hopped onto his bike.

 

Taemin blinked in confusion as he stared at Minho’s bike zooming off the street. He looked back at the book Minho shoved to him. It’s the green covered book that he decided not to buy.

 

 

...~~`
to be continued...

 

thanks you so much to all my subbies, upvoters and comments :) appreciate them all, hehe.. let me know if you guys have any latest 2min / jongket moment ok :) im dying for 2min moments T.T im dying for a poster for this story too, anyone of you know any good poster shops or do posters yourself? hehe..
see you guys soon! 2min jongkey onew fighting!!!

 

chapter 5.

Taemin gently glazed his fingers over the green covered book that Minho left him with the other day when they parted. Dance dance dance – Haruki Murakami. Taemin had been very much into this Japanese author’s works for the past few years. He had to admit, Murakami’s writings were depressing, maybe much of his works are based on mature themes but every book of his was written is such a beautiful way, hauntingly beautiful. And perhaps it was because of the depression that Taemin went through, he could relate completely to the characters in all of Murakami’s works. Not all aspects of the characters, but at least the depressing element in each of them, their helplessness.

 

He had been waiting eagerly for this latest book of Murakami’s. Today was a beautiful Tuesday. Taemin had no classes on Tuesday and the warm sunlight shinning into Taemin’s room as he laid on his bed with his back propped against the bed frame. Taemin smiled, without further delay, he carefully flipped the cover open as he dove into the world painted by the words inside the book, temporarily forgetting his life, his worries and insecurities, his past and Choi Minho.

 

 

...~~`

 

 

“WHAT?!”

 

Taemin had to stop himself from flinching outwardly as he glanced around the university library. Kibum’s words were loud enough to attract a few students sitting nearby them throwing angry glances at them. “Hyung, shhhhh..”

 

“SHH? What do you mean shhh? How can I shhh after knowing Taemin? You just freaking had a close encounter with Choi Minho!”

 

Taemin pulled Kibum back down on his chair, trying to explain, “Well yes hyung. And don’t worry okay hyung, nothing happened, he just walked me to the bus stop and gave me a book that’s all.”

 

“You let him walk you to the bus stop?!” Kibum sprang out if his chair and went to Taemin’s side, pulled the younger boy up from his chair and started examining the younger boy, “Oh my god, did he do anything to you?! Are you hurt?!” Taemin pressed his lips together, “Hyung, I am fine, perfectly fine. Choi Minho did not do anything to me okay, relax.”

 

“Gawd Taemin, next time let me accompany you to the book store if you are really so eager to buy books okay…. Wait, you said he gave you a book?!” Kibum spun back from his original direction heading towards his seat and came back to Taemin’s side. “Is it this book? This book that you have been carrying around with you the whole week?” Taemin widened his eyes when he found Kibum eyeing and pointing his fingers at the green book propped open in front of him on the table, knowing that Kibum might just grab the book and throw it away, Taemin quickly hid the book inside his jacket. Kibum had his hands placed on his hips, annoyed that Taemin was faster than him, “Taemin give that to me!” Taemin refused to obey, instead, he stuck out his tongue at Kibum which made the elder even more flustered, “Taemin I swear to gawd, give that to me right now o---“

 

“I suggest the two of you to remove your presence from the library if you find it hard to keep your volume down.”

 

Kibum and Taemin both snapped their head towards the source of the voice and lowered their head in shame when they saw that it was the head librarian that was standing near them with an annoyed and angered expression on her face.

 

“Sorry, we will lower down our volume.” Taemin apologized sheepishly as Kibum gingerly made his way back to his seat and fake studying his book as the librarian left them.

 

 

...~~`

 

 

It was the usual busy Monday for Minho in T Café as he managed the cashier, guided his staff and attended to the customers. He was arranging the freshly baked croissants and egg tarts in the glass counter when his waiter rushed to his side in a smile, “Boss boss, Mr Lee is here!” Minho instantly snapped his head up and found Taemin settling down at his usual spot, looking slightly worn out probably due to his classes. “I’ll go make Mr Lee’s latte!” The excited waiter zoomed off in high spirits without waiting for any commands from his boss and it made Minho chuckled. Sometimes he wonders why on earth is his waiter so excited about Taemin visiting the café. Minho peeped through the glass counter and saw Taemin breaking into a smile as the waiter served him the latte. Minho immediately instructed his barista, “Fire up all for coffee now too” and his barista nodded without even wanting to ask why anymore.

 

Maybe he was pushing his luck, it was a bold move, but Minho decided, he grabbed a plate and placed a muffin and croissant on it as he carefully marched his way towards the Taemin spot. His heart lightened when he saw Taemin reading the green covered book that he gave him, so absorbed in his reading that he wasn’t aware that Minho is just in front of him, until he saw a plate of food placed in front of him. Taemin looked up, and their eyes joint briefly before Minho looked away, “I thought.. you might be hungry.. its on the house by the way… ya.. “ Taemin looked away too and let out a soft smile, “Thanks.” Minho held his neck with his hand, unsure of what to do next with the silence between them, he decided to retreat.

 

“Thanks for the book too.”

 

Minho halted his footsteps and looked back. “Oh its fine, its nothing.. ya.. I mean, I saw you that day in the bookstore.. ya.. you looked like you wanted it badly, I mean.. ya.. not many people like Murakami, I mean.. not that Im saying you are weird! I mean.. no.. I mean, I like his books personally.. one of my favourite authors.. I mean, ya...i collect all of his books…ya…” Minho was mentally cursing himself for blabbering nonsense. Taemin smiled a little again and lowered his head, “He is one of my favourite authors too.” Minho paused, a small smile forming too as he digested the fact that they had something in common. It was this afternoon that Minho found courage to ask Taemin for his permission to sit down, they talked about books, the favourite author that they both had in common. Minho smiled as he remembered how Taemin smiled so naturally at him, how they seemed to agree on certain view points; he smiled when Taemin said yes to going to the latest book fair with him this coming weekend, he thought he was being overly brave today by asking Taemin, he was expecting rejection or a slight hint of uncomfortableness on Taemin’s face; He smiled when he saw nothing of that but a soft smile, Taemin’s soft smile.

 

 

...~~`

 

 

Minho parked his bike at the bus station as he waited for Taemin. Taemin suggested to take the bus to the book fair and Minho accepted instantly. He made sure that he wore enough cologne to reduce his scent today, knowing that he will be in closer proximity with Taemin for a longer period of time today. Minho was here earlier than their agreed time but he can’t help but to feel nervous about this outing, honestly, he was afraid that Taemin would bail out last minute. Minho frowned, he wouldn’t blame Taemin if Taemin decided not to show up. After all, Minho wasn’t like any ordinary friend that Taemin meets everyday, with their past burdening both of them, it was silly to expect anything, all Minho could ask for is a chance to on speaking terms with Taemin. But deep down Minho really hoped that Taemin would turn up, if he doesn’t, its going to hurt, but its okay..

 

“Hi.”

 

Minho snapped out from his train of thoughts when he heard a familiar soft voice from behind him. “Hello.” A smile of relief spread across Minho’s face.

“Did you, ermm…”

“Yea?” Minho eyed Taemin tentatively, the younger omega was scrunching his nose and frowning. Oh no, did he do anything to make Taemin uncomfortable?

“Did you, like, I don’t know. There is a very strong and pungent scent from you.”

 

“Oh, I.. Must be the cologne.”

“Did you put like half a bottle of it or something?”

Minho paniced, he just might have put a lot, “I am so sorry!!!” Did he just screw up himself? He quickly stood few feet away from Taemin and started fanning his shirt, hoping to dissipate the cologne scent.

Taemin laughed, “It is okay, really. I am sure the scent will go away soon.” He appreciated Minho’s thoughts though, he knew that the alpha probably had applied a lot of cologne to mask his own scent to ease Taemin. Taemin felt warm with Minho’s thoughtfulness.

‘Y.. Yes.”

“Shall we go then? The bus is here.” Taemin gestured to the queue of people at the bus stop and Minho nodded his head, “Yes! Of course.” Stopped his shirt fanning and rushed towards Taemin. They hopped unto the bus and everything was going smoothly so far, if you don’t count when Minho started pulling out coins from his wallet to pay for the bus fare and Taemin’s “We don’t pay using coins anymore, we use pay cards.” Minho’s face was burning with embarrassment but Taemin just smiled. Taemin paid for Minho’s bus fare with his card too, the younger boy just laughed when Minho promised him that he will pay him back later and get a pay card.

 

“That’s the latest ice cream stall in town, they really have a variety of flavours.”

 

“Oh and that, I heard from my coursemates that they are going to build a skate boarding area.”

 

Minho nodded, Taemin started to tour-guide Minho as the bus drove into the town area. The town has indeed changed a lot in these ten years, new shops, new streets and new buildings. He took a glance at Taemin, who was too concentrated in introducing another spot to Minho.

 

 

...~~`

 

 

“I wonder when they will have another book fair like this again!” Taemin exclaimed happily as both him and Minho strode away from the bus stop after getting back from the bookfair. Today had been a happy day for Teamin. He thought that he was crazy when he said yes to go to the bookfair with Minho, he was even debating whether or not he should show up, but he is glad that he showed up. He enjoyed Minho’s company truthfully speaking. They talked about stuffs, from books to random things. He was beginning to discover a little bit more about this Choi Minho. He was beginning to find Minho’s scent very calming as well.

 

Minho chuckled as he placed both his hands in his pockets, “I’m pretty sure they will come back soon in a few months’ time, can’t have book lovers like you waiting too long right.” Taemin laughed. They stayed silent as they walked.

 

“….Are you, okay?”

 

Taemin snapped his head at Minho when he heard the older’s question. Half of him couldn’t fully understand Minho’s question, the other half of him couldn’t hear quite clearly as Minho was asking with so much carefulness, too much. Minho pressed his lips against one another, feeling nervous because Taemin was now looking at him.”I mean.. how have you been?” Minho lifted his head to connect their eyes after finding sufficient courage to rephrase his questions.

 

Something inside Taemin broke the moment their eyes connected. How have you been? It was such a simple question yet at the same time it wasn’t easy for Taemin to answer. He frowned a little when he saw the emotions in Minho’s eyes; remorse and sadness, as if begging Taemin to be okay. Taemin broke their gaze looking away and smiled a little, “Yea.” It was then he heard Minho exhaled. He looked at Minho and saw the elder shutting his eyes smiling as he nodded his head repeatedly. “You?” Taemin was so tempted to ask Minho back, and he did.

 

He saw Minho opening his eyes, still smiling, “I am now.”

 

Taemin frowned at Minho’s answer, something inside him shifted. He smiled too, nodding his head. They continued the rest of their walk in silence. Minho savoring the sense of relief and Taemin pondering on the new found connection he just shared with Minho today.

 

 

...~~`
to be continued...

 

ahhh a big thank u to allmy subbies, upvoters and those who left comments for me :) i appreciate each and every one of them, really... hehe
btw any 2min moments lately? hehe.. pls share with me if you find any hehe :)
2min jongkey onew fighting!!

chapter 6.

The good memories that was left after the outing with Minho went by for the next few days for Taemin. Although it did made Taemin a bit unsettled when he had to lie to his family that he went out with a friend from his university when he reached home that day, he felt contented nevertheless.

 

“Okay class! That’s it for today! But I’m expecting your first draft next week okay!”

 

The professor’s voice rang through the lecture hall but not many of the students were paying attention. Much of their attention has been diverted from the professor as soon as the arm of the clock struck twelve and they were all scrambling to pack their books and leave. Taemin closed his textbook and packed it into his bag at his own pace. As he was shoving his pencil case into the bag, he got a glimpse of the green covered book and stopped to examine it for a while. And Taemin felt slightly tempted to drop by the T café. With the pending thesis, perhaps he could spend some time there to complete it. He missed the latte anyway, Taemin reasoned to himself.

 

 

...~~`

 

 

“Yes, the doughnuts, yes, rearrange it that way..” Minho was in the midst of demonstrating to his barista when he heard the doorbell chiming and in came a figure that made his smile. Minho gingerly made his way to the counter to welcome Taemin, trying his best to hide his slight excitement.

 

“Hi.”

 

Minho smiled. It has been days since he last saw Taemin and he really wanted to meet the boy again. Despite knowing or rather, fearing that Taemin would be uncomfortable with him, he really hoped that he could meet Taemin again, exchange a few words or just to see him at least, to know that he is fine. Minho rested both his hands on the counter as Taemin slowly approached, a small smile on his angelic face.

 

“Hi,” Taemin replied, hands holding unto his bag strip near his chest.

 

“The usual?” Minho asked eagerly.

 

“Yes.” Taemin nodded, he was about to turn around and head towards his usual spot when the waiter boy was passing by right behind Taemin. Knowing that Taemin would have bumped into the waiter and the tray of hot drinks that the waiter was holding, Minho instantly reached out his hand and clutched Taemin’s right wrist, preventing the younger boy turning. But the aftermath brought utter shock and revelations to Minho. Minho’s sudden skinship with Taemin caught Taemin off guard completely. It reminded Taemin of the very scene ten years ago where he was held unto the ground in the dark alley by the same pair of hands that mercilessly bruised and scarred him. It was almost like a knee-jerk reflex, Taemin instantly pulled his wrist out from Minho’s hands while letting out a fearful shriek as he scrambled away from Minho, landing himself unto the floor. Taemin’s scream and the commotion caught the attention of the customers around that area as all attention were focused on them. The waiter boy instantly placed down his tray of food, thinking that he probably spilled the hot drinks on Taemin, “Oh my god I am so sorry!” He kneeled down next a tear filled and heaving Taemin, “Are you anywhere hurt? I am so sorry!” Taemin held unto his wrist, the same place that had the warmth of Minho’s hands as he panted, eyes not wanting to meet Minho’s, “I… I…” He took a few seconds to try to compose himself. As soon as the waiter helped him up, he dashed out of the café, leaving a stone shocked and grief stricken Minho at the counter.

 

 

...~~`

 

 

“Let me go!! AHHH! No..!”

 

“You?”

 

“I am now.”

 

Taemin sat up from his bed, pushing the covers off his chest slightly as he fisted his blonde hair frowning. Its already half past twelve but he couldn’t go to sleep at all, flashback of this afternoon’s scene in the café keep playing through his mind. Taemin sighed. He glanced at his wrist, touching it as he reflected on his reactions this afternoon under the moonlight that shined through the curtains into his room. He let out a soft grunt, he never meant for himself to overreact like this, but everything happened so sudden, too sudden perhaps. After heading back home, having some time to calm himself down and piecing every puzzle, Taemin figured out that Minho must have grabbed him to prevent him from bumping into the waiter. He felt grateful for Minho’s thoughts and sorry for his reactions. But he couldn’t help himself.

 

Taemin sighed again, lying back down on his bed. Perhaps ten years wasn’t enough to heal afterall, perhaps…

 

 

...~~`

 

 

“Oh my, can’t believe we are actually having a coffee chat at this hour here in your café.” Jonghyun chuckled as Minho brought two freshly made coffee to the table in front of them. Minho had a personal room built in the café adjoining the kitchen, there was a bed, table, book shelves, couch and furniture inside the personal room, it was almost like the second home for Minho, most of the time he would stay up late or overnight here to do the accounts, administrative works for the café or come up with new recipes and etc. “You’re lucky tomorrow is a Saturday Minho, god knows what time I will be able to fall asleep after drinking this.” Minho chuckled as they both took a sip of the coffee. He invited Jonghyun over to hang out with him. Jonghyun initially thought that Minho would be serving beer or wine, but apparently Minho is very firm with his decision not to touch alcohol anymore. After all, it was alcohol that landed himself in the incident ten year ago that changed his life so much, it was also alcohol that made him hurt Taemin. Taemin, Minho let out an almost inaudible sigh as he recalled this afternoon’s incident.

 

“Still thinking about it?”

 

Minho snapped his head towards Jonghyun, “Nah, its just..” He never felt this guilty, he went through a tough path fighting guilt and self condemnation while he was in prison, it was hard, but it just became extra tougher after having himself witness the raw fear and pain radiating from Taemin’s eyes, the pain that was inflicted by he himself. Minho closed his eyes and winched internally recalling the sight, Taemin trembling, pulling away instantly, the painful scream.. Its all his fault, he is the reason for Taemin’s pain.

 

“Minho, what were you expecting? I mean, given what happened between you two, you’re not expecting to be friends with Taemin right? I mean, it was good that you guys hang out once, but still, you shouldn't be expecting much Minho..”

 

Minho shifted uncomfortably under Jonghyun’s words. Yea, what was he expecting? Just because they had a great time going to the book fair, doesn’t mean that Taemin was comfortable with him already. Omegas that has been forced to mate never get over it easily, let alone being on friendly terms with the alpha or beta who forced themselves upon them, some omegas don’t even recover at all. Minho fisted his hands, how naïve and stupid of him to touch Taemin despite his good intentions. Perhaps he should maintain his distance no matter how, perhaps…

 

 

...~~`

 

 

“Well, that’s all the leftovers for today. If you guys still need some more, I can always fire up the kitchen and prepare something though..” Minho offered as he settled a plate of blueberry muffins and apple pies on the table in front of the couple happily munching on the food.

 

“Minho its fine.. these are good enough!” Jonghyun mumbled with a full mouth as he eyed Kibum seated in front of him. The omega only smiled, “Yah its fine, I won’t be staying long, Taemin should be finishing in half an hour’s time.” He examined his watch and continued eating. Taemin. Minho nodded and retreated to the counter area as he continued to tidy up the area. Jonghyun had suggested Kibum to drop by Minho’s café while waiting for Taemin to finish his evening class, an excuse for himself to meet the omega, not that Minho would mind anyway. But, Taemin. Minho still felt sad and affected hearing the name even after a few days of calming down. He still felt extremely sorry and ashamed of himself.

 

“Oh my gawd, what’s going on?!”

 

“Is that smoke?”

 

Minho snapped his head towards the couple. Both of them got up from their seats and moved towards the café exit, curious about the commotion that is going on in the university right now. They headed out of the café and were all shocked by the sight that greeted them: thick black smoke coming out from one of the buildings, firemen and fire engines crowded around that area, students and people gathered there and the paramedics attending to the victims that managed to escape the fire while ambulances were swiftly entering the university compound.

 

“That’s.. that’s the production faculty building on fire!!” Kibum shrieked, “Tae..Taemin is there!” All three of them quickly ran towards the crowd, searching high and low hoping to find the blonde boy amongst the crowd.

 

“I can’t find him! Taemin is not here!” Kibum’s panic button was officially on as he grabbed Jonghyun’s arms, Taemin was no where to be found. Minho tried searching through the crowds, hoping and praying that he could spot the familiar face but Taemin was no where to be found, still. The fire was getting bigger and bigger as time ticked by, despite the fire fighters’ attempts to put down the fire, the fire seemed uncontrollable at this point of the time. Minho panted as he observed a fire fighter carrying a student coming out from the burning building, “Its too smoky inside!!! Most of the rooms have been burnt down!!” He heard the fire fighter reporting to his peers. Minho panted, he turned back and saw Kibum frantically trying to reach Taemin through his cellphone but failed. Taemin must be inside still. Minho took another glance at the fire fighters and the fire burning. He panted, its now or never. He pushed through the fences set up by the fire fighters to prevent the crowd from nearing the burning building and dashed straight into the building. He heard Jonghyun screaming behind him, something about crazy and getting himself killed, but Minho couldn’t care less.

 

The moment Minho made it upstairs, the fire was already burning at its height and the smoke was thick. Minho covered his mouth with his hands, trying his best not to breathe in the smoke as much as he could and sniff out Taemin. He knew that as an alpha, his body should be tough enough to handle this, plus he was confident that with all the training and labor work that he had gone through in prison, his body should be able to last longer than ordinary humans or wolves under such circumstances. All he prayed for right now was to be able to find Taemin quick. The building was burning down, the pillars were starting to collapse. If he couldn’t make it out alive, at least Taemin must. Minho headed into the first room. The smoke was thick, the tables and chair in utter mess, most of them were burning, the ceiling was burning too as it fell into pieces.

 

“Taemin?!” Minho called out as he stepped further into the room, pushing the furniture aside as he searched.

 

“Taemin!” He gasped when he spotted the familiar figure lying unconscious on the floor. Minho kneeled down, pushed away the furniture pieces that were covering Taemin and lifted the boy’s neck to examine his condition. “Taemin, Taemin.. can you hear me?” A sense of relief spread through Minho when he saw the younger boy’s eyes opening slightly and he thanked his lucky stars that Taemin is still alive, “We are going to get out of here okay? You will be fine, just stay with me Taemin…”

 

Everything was spinning in Taemin’s world. Cheddar wood peppermint. Minho…? He must be out of his mind because of dwelling on Minho too much the past few day, isn’t he? The last thing he remembered was the fire breaking out and everything going into a chaotic mode. He wanted to run too, but there were too many people pushing unto one another, he tried to stand firm but he fell. His body was aching, he couldn’t breathe, the air was so thick and choking on him, everything felt so painful. Taemin felt too tired to move, he slumped back unto the floor and was about to allow sleep to claim him once again but a familiar voice keep echoing in his head.

 

“Stay with me okay. Taemin, stay with me…”

 

He felt a pair of strong arms lifting him from the ground. He remembered feeling so safe and secured as that pair of strong arms held him firmly again a body warmth. And that scent, that scent that was so strong and calming.

 

 

...~~`
to be continued...

 

dear subbies, upvoters and comments, thank you so much!! thank u :) i read every single comment just so you know, and i appreciate them all :)
pls stay tuned.. more to come soon :) 2min fighting!!!