A day with you

Love Somewhere In Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After her class, Nayeon walked towards her office to pack her things before going back. She was starving, it felt like her stomach was about to eat herself up. She took out her phone and started scrolling through the messages, mostly from people who’s trying to hit her up as she is a young and extremely beautiful professor. 

 

As her face was stuck on the screen, she accidentally bumped into a woman walking in the opposite direction of her. 

 

“Can you even walk prop- oh, Dr. Yoo I’m sorry I’m so careless.” She felt embarrassed.

 

“Of course, I can and actually I am. You’re the one whose face was stuck on that damn phone.” Jeongyeon smirks. 

 

“Why did you even bump into me?” Confusion and a hint of annoyance clouded Nayeon’s mind, but who would stay mad bumping into the ethereal Professor Yoo.

 

Jeongyeon changed the topic “So, what’s the rush?”

 

“Uhh, I’m kinda hungry and my stomach is about to eat me up anytime right now. Well, you get the rest.” Nayeon rubbed her stomach 

 

“Great, so am I! Let’s go then.” Jeongyeon grabbed Nayeon’s hand. 

 

“What?!” Nayeon was shocked by the action, for a moment her mind went blank as she don’t know what to do

 

“What 'what'? You prefer eating alone? Alright then, enjoy your lunch, Professor.” Jeongyeon shrugs and started walking away. 

 

Nayeon was left speechless for a while, “What the hell was that for? Why is she acting like this?” She asked herself. 

 

As Jeongyeon was walking away, suddenly- “WAIT!” She stopped and smiled as she knew damn well whose voice it was, the voice that kept her smiling at night. She turned around only to see Nayeon running towards her like she was running for her life. 

 

“Wait.” Nayeon pant heavily. “Actually, it’s quite boring eating alone so do you-“ 

 

“Sure, you don’t have to ask twice.” 

 

“I didn’t-“ 

 

“Let’s go now.” They both walked towards Nayeon’s car.

 

“So, where are we eating” Jeongyeon asked.

 

“You'll see.” Nayeon answered. 

 

They arrived at the restaurant a fancy looking place. It was a ten-minute drive from their university. It was unrecognized by the public as it is an old restaurant but undoubtedly one of the best restaurant in town.

 

“You know this place?” Jeonyeon questioned. 

 

“Nope, I found it on the internet trying to find some new place to have a lunch and here we are,” the older remarked.

 

“This is my favorite place to eat actually.” 

 

“Guess I chose the right place then.”

 

“Umm, I’ll be having the braised lamb shank and sprite,” Nayeon ordered.

 

“Can i get a...” Jeongyeon still couldn't decide on what she wanted, even though she was considered a regular customer. “I’ll have the sp-“

 

“Spicy rice cakes and coke for her thanks.” Nayeon handed the menu to the waitress.

 

“Y-you read my mind.” Jeongyeon was surprised by the fact that it was Nayeon’s first time being there and how well Nayeon knew her even though they just met each other.

 

It was silence between them. Both enjoying the sustenance. Until Nayeon spoke “So, bumping into me was your way of asking me out huh?” They both laughed. “So, tell me about yourself Dr. Yoo.”

 

“Come on, just call me Jeongyeon.”

         

“Alright Jeongyeon, call me Nayeon.” 

 

“As you were asking, I’ve developed an interest in human eyes as you understand that every living person in this universe have their own unique pair of eyes.” 

 

Nayeon moved closer towards the younger, squinting her eyes looking directly into the latter’s eyes. 

 

Jeongyeon felt her heart beat faster. Jeongyeon was confused, she didn’t know what to do as their face was only inches away. 

 

“You’re not wearing contacts, are you?” 

 

“W-wh-what no...” Jeongyeon gulped. 

 

“Ah, it’s grey.” Nayeon moved away. 

 

Jeongyeon let out a sigh as she almost had a heart attack by the older’s action. 

 

“From afar it looks like blue but it’s actually not.”

 

“Yeah, I get that a lot,” Jeongyeon re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter