The night that started it all

Love Somewhere In Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The grandfather paradox is a contradiction of time travel in which emerge through changing the past, the name comes from a paradox’s common description where you or me or anybody in this room travels to the past and kill their grandfather before the birth of their parents which will prevent the very existence of the time traveller itself, so to make it clear this theory isn’t about killing your grandfather, rather it’s any action that may alter the past, and that is the end of my lecture today have a nice day” It ended with an applause from the students.

Im Nayeon is a professor at Princeton University, who majored in physics. She believed that time travel is possible and that time speeds up or slows down depending on how fast you move.

        

Nayeon drove home in her jet black BMW M5 strolling through the streets. As she arrived at her doorstep, the door opened wide “Well well isn’t it our brilliant, Professor Im” welcomed by Jihyo. 

 

“I’m having a dinner tonight would you like to join ? I can ask for extra seats,” Nayeon invited jihyo.

 

“For real? Cool.” 

 

“Well am i not the amazingly brilliant Professor Im ?” Nayeon remarked.

 

“That’s just pure exaggeration.” Jihyo shook her head.

 

“Pretty sure you said that.” The older girl winked and smirked.

 

Jihyo rolled her eyes, “Yeah yeah, let me get dressed first.” She ran up the stairs to her room “Oh! What time is the dinner again?” 

 

“It starts at 7 better hurry,” Nayeon hurried

 

“Why would you be in a hurry aren’t you the amazing Professor Im?” Jihyo mocked.

 

“It’s about punctuality. You never know what you will miss when you arrive a little later and also you know what my surname Im stands for? Yes, it’s IMportant that's why everyone is expecting me to come,” Nayeon professed, Jihyo could only roll her eyes to the overly confident statement. Both girls then went out.

 

They both get into their best looking dress walking down the hallway attracting every eyes towards them. They stood out the most among everyone in the hall. 

 

Nayeon is the definition of beauty with brains, with a look that could win just any heart. With that comes a great ego as she always thinks highly of herself compared to others. Many had tried hitting on her both men and women but only to be rejected as she was too smart for them. 

 

“So, Professor Im, any new discoveries?” Mr Park, the CEO of Princeton University offered out his hand for a handshake. “And this is?” He asked while looking at Jihyo. 

 

Nayeon reciprocated the handshake, “Oh, this is Jihyo and Jihyo this is Mr. Park, our Ceo.”

 

“As for what you were asking earlier, the only discovery I got so far is that I’m the best and that’s not new” Nayeon confidently declared. Jihyo glared at her while the older girl just smirked to the reaction. Jihyo and the CEO shook hands.

 

“Uh yeah, well, of course you are.” Mr Park laughed it off, Nayeon is no doubt the best Professor in the university, also she is Mr Park’s Favourite “So, what are your plans?” He furrowed his eyebrows 

        

“Plans? For what exactly,” Nayeon asked, squinting her eyes. 

 

“Well, let’s say relationships?” 

 

“Oh, that’s rather personal.” Nayeon shook her head.

 

“Would you prefer impersonal?” Mr P said only to receive a shrug from the woman.

 

“I’d rather talk than making chit chat, wouldn’t you?” The CEO smirks.

 

“Well, it seems I still can’t find anyone who—“ the woman who had just entered the hall caught Nayeon’s attention. 

 

She was eyeing her majestically walking through the crowds, as if time stopped when the tall short haired girl was making her way down the red carpet. Nayeon was stunned, Nayeon’s visuals was unparalleled but The girl that caught her eyes was beyond compare, she was perfect with her ivory skin and her blue eyes “Wait, those are probably contact lenses,” she thought to herself. Nayeon was lost for a moment when suddenly a snap of fingers bring her back to her senses.

 

“Who’s that?” Nayeon said curiously still amazed by the woman’s ethereal beauty. 

 

Mr. Park averted his gaze to the person Nayeon was looking at, “That’s Professor Yoo, Yoo Jeongyeon she’s the new professor of our university. She’s really intelligent from what I heard, gaining a PhD degree at a young age of 17— Professor? Where are you going?” He stopped when he saw Nayeon standing up from her seat 

 

“Uh uhm, to make a new discovery. I’ll be back” Nayeon replied, she hurried towards the new Prof. This is the chance of her getting a partner she thought to herself, there she was right behind the girl slowly trailing her, Cold sweat started running down her forehead, she carried out her first move...

  

‘Tap’ ‘tap’ 

       

Jeongyeon turned around as she felt someone tapping her shoulder “Yes?” She then gave Nayeon a smile. A smile that made Nayeon’s legs weak. 

 

Nayeon was always the confident and charismatic character but she was not prepared for the new comer. Her mind went blank and she started to stutter.

 

“P-p-Professor Yoo? Right?” Nayeon cursed herself.

 

“Yes. And you are?“ Jeongyeon was cut off by Nayeon.

 

“Im Nayeon call me Nayeon, I’m a big fan of your work.” Nayeon gained a bit of confidence.

 

“Oh really, which is?” Jeongyeon replied.

 

And just like that Nayeon’s confidence collapsed. “The one you’re doing now...” 

 

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter