New year with Yoo

Love Somewhere In Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

31st of December, 2019

Jeongyeon woke up to her phone ringing. She looked at the time and saw that it was 10.30 pm. Why would anyone call her at that hour she thought. 

Her phone started ringing again echoing through her dark room, it was an unknown number, the same number had been calling her for 20 times, she answered.

“Wakey wakey, sleeping beauty, I’ve been calling for like a hundred times, ” the caller said.

Jeongyeon’s lips curved upwards forming a smile, she memorized the lovely voice, “How did you get my number?” Jeongyeon questioned. 

“That’s not important. Come on, let’s go out!” 

“What?! Now? But I just woke up.” 

“Then, hurry up and get ready!” 

“Did you even hear what i just— hello? Hello? Damn it,” Jeongyeon cursed when the older girl hanged up on her. 

“Damn it. I don't want to move from here~” she  dashed towards the bathroom to wash her face. 

*30 minutes later*

Jeongyeon’s phone rang again, “Are you done yet?” 

“Yeah, I’m ready,” the younger answered

“Thank God, open the door already. It's getting cold.”

“What? How long ha—great.” Jeongyeon walked towards her window just to make sure Nayeon was really there. And there she was wearing blue ripped jeans and an oversized sweater. Her outfit was simple but her face was doing its job and that was enough to make Jeongyeon’s heart skip a beat. 

Jeongyeon walked out of her house. 

The older opened the car door for her. Funny how Nayeon always treated Jeongyeon like a princess. Always putting Jeongyeon first before her.

“So, why did you wake me from my slumber?” The younger questioned. 

“Did you forget what the date is today?” 

“It’s the 31st.”

“Exactly. I wanna end this year and start a new one with you.”

Hearing those words from Nayeon made the younger blush, her heart was beating fast as if she had run a quarter mile. 

“Why are we going to the university, though?” The younger was confused. 

“I know just a nice spot where we can watch fireworks tonight. The rooftop!” Nayeon smiled showing her cute teeth, the most remarkable thing about her. 

They climbed the building to the rooftop. The younger was surprised as she realized that the place was already set up neatly for the both of them, with lights, a table and a sofa.

“A sofa?” The younger looked confusedly at Nayeon, furrowing her eyebrows. 

“With some help, of course.” Nayeon smirked. “Let’s just sit and enjoy alright?”

“You did all of these for us?” She lands on the comfy sofa, Nayeon scoffed which made the taller girl lay her gaze towards the older. 

Nayeon smiled looking into those beautifully-carved, almond-shaped, smoky eyes, “For you.” Just two simple words by Nayeon, but it made the younger girl looking away smiling, trying to hide her face which was blushing like crazy. 

Nayeon smiled, they both laughed at the cheesiness. 

“What time is it now?” Nayeon asked.

“Ten minutes before twelve,” the younger informed the former after looking at her watch.

It was a cold night. Cool, night breeze gently blowing. 

Jeongyeon suddenly shivers, she blew into her hands, Nayeon noticed the younger’s behavior and quickly hugged her. 

“Better?” 

“Better.” 

She lay her head on top of Nayeon’s, Nayeon’s hug felt like home, so comfortable, so warm. She just wished that the older can’t hear how fast her heart was beating as they both admired the city lights from above, waiting for the countdown. 

It was breathtakingly beautiful. 

“I never realized that our city is this beautiful, especially, with all the lights,” Jeongyeon stated, Nayeon was still clinging onto the younger.

 

Nayeon’s POV

Jeongyeon was so warm. Honestly, I’m quite cold too, but seeing her shivering, I took the opportunity to cling onto her, which was actually nice.

“Listen! They’re counting down,” she said amusingly, she was like a child. I like that ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter