chapter 2

My Girl

Daniel's eyes blinked. Jihyo was very different from that night he saw her. It was like she's a very different person.

"Are you Park Jihyo?"

"Yes, I am."

"Bu-but" He once again looked at her. The way she tied her hair in a messy bun, the way she seats comfortably not bothering to sit properly because she's wearing her jogging pants. It was all too different.

"Do I know you?" Jihyo tilted her head to the side all to confused at his reaction.

Daniel blushed at while looking at her cute face. She barely did something and here he is gushing over her. He shook his head and composed himself.

"Not really. But I guess I have to introduce myself then." He smiled at her. 

"I'm Daniel, Kang Daniel" He offered his hand for shake.

"I'm Jihyo." Jihyo took it and shook. Daniel was happy feeling her soft little hand in his.

"JIHYO!" Suddenly Jaebum barged in.

Both of them were surprised by the unexpected visitor.

"Jihyo are you ok? Are you hurt?" JB immediately came over her and checked her. His gazed went to their hands in which Daniel noticed so he quickly pulled away. JB's gaze sure was scary.

"Oppa, I'm fine. I'm not hurt. It was actually Daniel that I hit" Jihyo chuckled at him.

"Who are you?" JB raised his brow at him.

"Oppa, don't scare him!" 

"I'm just asking!" 

"I- I am Daniel. I am an exchanged student." He tried speaking without stuttering.

"I see. I'm Jaebum." JB then introduced himself.

"I see you are fine now. I'll take Jihyo now." He said.

"Oppa, I can't leave him alone here."

"Why? He seems fine."

"Yeah, Jihyo-ssi. I am ok now. You can leave."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course he's sure Jihyo!" JB then took her hand and drag her away from the place. 

Daniel was finally able to breathe properly. 'What was that?! He thought. He don't know if it is the ball that hit him that causing his head ache or because of the scenario earlier. But one thing is for sure, he had found his girl.

......
He found himself tossing and turning in the confines of his bed unable to have a good night sleep.

Was that really the Park Jihyo he had a huge crush on? She seemed to be a lot different than he thought. Also more importantly, who is that Jaebum guy? Is he one of the 7 oppa's that Jihyo has? Suddenly his confidence started to shrink. He just met one and he knows he can't barely able to speak to him. But maybe he's the scariest of all? Maybe the others will be less scary right?

He tried to atleast relax himself. After all, it was just his first day.
....

"Hey bro! I heard what happened to you yesterday. Are you ok?" Jimin said as he met Daniel right in front of the school gate.

"I'm fine. Thanks." He said with still droppy eyes because of lack of sleep.

"Jihyo really hit you that hard huh?" Jimin chuckled as he saw a little bruise on his face.

"Wait, you know Jihyo?" Daniel asked him.

"You look excited. Why? You have a crush on her?" Jimin suddenly turned serious.

"Uhm...  I was just asking... actually I just met her yesterday. And also Jaebum sunbae." He tried to carefully composed his words as he answered him. How can this jolly kind-looking fellow turned suddenly serious by the mention of her name.

"Ah you met Jaebum hyung. Did he scare you?" Jimin said returning back to his happy state.

"He looks very intimidating " 

"Well he is, afterall, you were with Jihyo " He answered back.

Daniel furrowed his brows. He wanted to ask more but seeing Jimin's reaction earlier, he choose to keep his mouth shut.

He keeps being intrigued more with Park Jihyo.

....
"Oppa your arm is heavy!" Jihyo tried to break free from him while she was walking in the middle of her two oppas. One of them had his arm around her shoulder.

"You are refusing me now?" Jackson acted hurt. But held on to her tighter.

"Yah!" Jihyo continued whining until Jinyoung came between and help her out.

"Stop it Hyung." He said.

"Huh!" Jihyo went to Jinyoung's side sticking her tongue to Jackson.

"Come back here!" The two of them playing while Jinyoung is in between trying to make them stop but Jihyo was just using him as a shield.

.....
Daniel stopped his track as he saw the familiar girl in front of him. A guy in the middle has his arm around her.

"Oh- Jihyo-ya! Jinyoung-hyung! Jackson-hyung!" Jimin yelled and ran towards them, with Daniel following alone.

"Daniel-ssi!" Jihyo greeted him and checking him out if he was now ok.

The two boys just looked at him.

"Ah Oppa, this is Daniel-ssi. He was the one who got hit by my ball yesterday." She explained.

"I see." Both of them said in unison. The playful aura earlier sudden vanished.

"Are you friends with Jiminnie?" She has breaking the silence.

"I-I guess were friends. Right Jimin? Though we only met yesterday." He laughs nervously.

"Yeah bro, you seemed ok." Jimin just laughed at him.

"Oh, this is Jinyoung-oppa, and the other one is Jackson-oppa." Jihyo introduced her oppa.

They both gave him a firm handshake.

"You're knew here?" Jackson seemed to be a friendly one.

"Ah yeah, I'm an exchange student." He said.

"Welcome to our school." Jinyoung then said to him. In Daniel's eyes he looked like a prince.

"My Jinyoung-oppa is the student council president. My Jackson-oppa is the president of the Fencing club." She said proudly. "Do you have a club in mind, Daniel-ssi"

"No, not yet. How about you, what club do you belong to?" He asked causiously trying not to sound in a flirty manner because there are three eyes watching them.

"I have three clubs right now. I am part of the chorale, swimming team, and soccer. it was during soccer that I hit you hard. Sorry again." She chuckled.

That laugh always makes his heart melt. He always find himself just looking at her and melting in his place.

"Daniel! We need to go now." Jimin nudged him to remove him form his trance.

"Ah right. Nice meeting you." He said bowing down and walked ahead after they bid their goodbyes.

He can't help but to look back again at Jihyo's back as they walked away.

"Yah! Stop staring at Jihyo-ya!" Jimin said. "I know she's pretty but stop staring. Do you have a crush on her?!" Jimin asked.

"Am I that obvious?" Daniel said.

"Yah! No. Not my cousin!" Jimin glared at him.

"You're her cousin? And why not?!"

"If you want to have a happy and peaceful days in this university, don't try with our Jihyo-ya." Jimin warned.

.......

"Oppa, I'm going now!" Jihyo bid goodbye to her oppas as she entered her class.

Both of them waved their hands smiling at her.

Once they were out of their sight, their face turned into serious mode.

"That Daniel guy, watch over him." Jackson said as Jinyoung.

"You don't even have to say it." Jinyoung responded.

 

.....

Hi! How's everyone doing. I'm currently locked at home too because of the virus. I hope everyone of you is ok. Even if I am at home, I can't write because I guess I ran out of ideas in the moment. (>y<)