THE SEARCH

ElyXion

KAI

            Another night wasted. I was working overtime in the office building again. Those jerks I call co-workers all left me to fend on my own. Its not the same anymore. It’s was never the same to begin with.

            Feeling too stuffed up, I decide to take a walk out on the sky bridge. It was a beautiful night in Seoul and being smack dab in the middle of the city, I was able to see all the twinkling lights of the city below and Namsan Tower off in the distance.  I always wonder if my Hyungs are looking up at this same sky. We made a pact to move to back to Korea but are we all in Seoul. Maybe, someone is off on Jeju or way down south in Busan. I haven’t received a letter from Kyungsoo for a while now and it worries me if it got lost on the way or if something happened to him.

            I slowly walked back inside feeling depressed from the loneliness. I come back to an empty desk and an empty computer screen. It glitched out for a second and remained black with green letters on it, but I payed attention to none it since it was too buzzed out to make coherent sentences.

            I lean all the way back in my chair and reevaluate my life. What use is this life? My powers are too weak and they’re useless. Everyone has much greater ones. I can’t sense them, and I can’t use my teleportation to find them. I can only take myself to places.

What a selfish power.

Deciding that there’s nothing else that was worth my time, I’ll just go home. Grabbing my coat, I walked out into the hallway to find my self in the same boring, now dark, white hallway. All the doors looking the same so there was a high chance that you could go through the wrong one. I sighed and reach the first one on my left. It was just the usual, so I opened it to leave, but something stopped me.

My Hyungs will feel disappoint in not me but themselves, especially Suho Hyung. He might feel that he’s a leader for leaving us behind and not have given us his full guidance. Sometimes I can’t fathom how he feels with us being so far apart. It’s not his fault or anyone’s.

I puffed out my cheeks and nodded to myself as I was made to come here for a purpose. I have purpose. I made a vow that I will find them again and I will use every inch of me to find them once again and have them by my side.

Shutting the door again, I closed my eyes and thought hard on where I wanted to go and where I wanted to be.

1…2…3… I swung the door open, but to find it pitch black again.

Alright, Kai, you got this. Just try it one more time. I want to find them again. Lead me to where they are! 1…2…3! Opening the door, a white light shined through and I knew I made the right choice to keep moving.

Suddenly, I was in dark stairwell with the only light source being a glowing red light. I knew that wasn’t a good sign.

Dragging my feet up the grimy concrete steps, I come to a final door at the very top. Another door, another day. I closed my eyes and swung it open to see darkness once again.

One more time. I counted slowly before also slowly opening the door. That didn’t work either.

I shut the door and swung it open as fast I could, and a white light immediately invited me in.

I smiled in relief.

Let’s find who’s on the run.