Chapter 2

It was never her

As time passes by, the four of us got along very well — outside of school grounds of course. Jen and Chu had an agreement that they would have to treat  each other as a fellow member of the council. Jen and I agreed to act like there's still some bad blood within the school just until we expose Nancy of her wrong doings. Though I suggest we don't do things that might cause Nancy to have a trauma. 

 

Chae at the beginning was a bit cautious. She was careful as she doesn't believe Jennie's kindness, but Jen proved her wrong. I'm a very observant person, so I could see how Chu stares at my bestfriend with such admiration and... love?

 

 

"Hey, what are you doing?" Bami, a new friend of mine who's part of the dance club, asked.

 

"Bami, hey. Nothing at all just doing some warm ups." 

 

"I see, so how've you been?" He sat down to a chair in-front of me.

 

"We see eachother everyday, Bam." 

 

"Uhuh, that doesn't answer the question now does it?" 

 

"Im cool, by the way I need your help." I stopped doing warm ups and sat on the floor.

 

"Alright, fire dude"

 

"I want to court Jennie." I seriously said causing for his eyes to widen and his jaw drop.

 

"As in the Jennie Kim? Vice president of AH?" He made sure, I answered with a nod. I began explaining what happened to him, why Jen acted like that and all.

 

He chuckled a bit. "Same old Nancy, alright though. How can I help you?" 

 

"First, we have to stop Nancy from all her wrongdoings." I looked at him and he smiled in return as if he came up with a great idea. 

 

+•+

 

"Okay so, you do know that this school is run by the student council right?" He asked and I nodded, not sure why he's asking such. 

 

"Uhuh, therefore the principal nor the staffs can't interfere in the students 'activities' once it is approved by the president?" I continued, ah I see where this is going. 

 

"Yes, so we get an approval from Jisoo — which you'll do. Then, we ask my friend, Taehyung, to help us out." 

 

"How?"

 

He smirked, "First, he's going to invite Nancy to a dinner, but we're going to put hidden mics and cams in his polo. Then slowly he's going to make her talk." 

 

"Won't that humiliate her?" I asked worriedly, I would never ever want to have to humiliate someone just because the person did something bad to me.

 

"Humiliate?" He scoffed and rolled his eyes. I stared at him with confusion. 

 

"She did worse things, like throw another student in the pool. Bully every kids that's well, weird for her. She made 5 girls cut their hair, and she ordered a group of people to beat up one dude for rejecting her. And, she 'accidentally' threw acid to a girls hand because her nails prettier than hers." He began explaining, how could someone in this school let that happen?

 

"Why was she never caught?"

 

"Well duh, Jennie's her so called best friend. Jen never believed anyone that says bad things about Nancy. I mean at first glance she looks kind and pretty." He leaned back to his seat. 

 

"A girl once tried to tell Jisoo what happened, but before she could do so? She was kidnapped by group of men that threatened her with and assault... Good thing the guys were caught." He seemed so down telling this part. I wonder what happened?

 

"You seem greatly affected, do you know that girl?" I carefully asked.

 

"Yeah, Mina. My ex-girlfriend. Now she's at a hospital recovering, she got a trauma from what happened. The guys pointed out that it was Nancy, but Nancy's lawyers were paid to say otherwise." He angrily said with his fists clenched.

 

I gulped, I wasn't scared but I wasn't  used to this side of Bami. Wow, I take back what I said, she does deserve . 

 

"Alright, lets do it."

 

 

The students of Artist High are currently standing in the Gym stadium of AH, Jisoo thought that the plan was perfect. However, Chae said it was too much. Nevertheless, we proceeded with it even though Jennie doesn't know what we were doing. 

 

We got a message that Taehyung and Nancy were in the restaurant across the street already. And so the plan begins, Bami spoke before opening the TV.

 

"Good afternoon students of Artist High, as you all know I'm Bambam. Today, we prepared a great movie for all of you with the main lead, Nancy." Bambam looked at Jennie with a smirk and he winked at me.

 

Jennie looked at us with confusion written on her face. I smiled to assure her it was alright. Bami opened the TV and there it goes.

 

C O N V E R S A T I O N of Nancy and Tae

 

"That's great, I didn't know you like dolls that much." Tae answered with a smile.

 

"Ahh, oppa. Pwease keep it a secret okayy?" Nancy pouted causing for the whole gym to scrunch their face in disgust. 

 

"You got it, anyways.. What do you think of Jennie Kim? I personally don't like her." It's finally starting, confusion written on Jennie and the other students' face.

 

"Agh, that ? She annoys me. She always want all those things for herself!" Nancy ranted. 

 

"Imagine? I asked for her necklace, but she refused to let me borrow it! Stuck up lemme tell you!" She continued, I looked at Jennie only to see her holding her necklace tightly on her hands. 

 

"Oh really? Tell me more." Taehyung leaned forward causing Nancy to blush. 

 

"I-I hate her you know? She always steals the spotlight! It's always her, ing ! I'm so tired being 'friendly' with her." Nancy continued to rant to Taehyung. 

 

"Wow she muuuuust really be a huh." Taehyung agreed with her, wow a great actor indeed. "Tell me, whats the worst thing you've done to her." 

 

"And why would I tell you, oppa?" Nancy teased. 

 

"Because I, Taehyung, can give you whatever you want. Including me, besides I'll understand you." Tae winked, Nancy blushed even harder. 

 

Bami laughed at Taehyung, he's also recording on his phone. Jennie looked hurt, so I sat beside her. 

 

"Hey.." I opened a topic, but she just half smiled at me. I could see her tears forming in the corner of her eye but she held it in. Strong Jen.

 

"Oh yeah, you know the new girl? The dancer, Lalisa." Nancy asked in which Taehyung just nodded. 

 

"Yeah, I used her to make Jennie mad. I even told her that Lalisa is plotting some devilish plan to throw her off, but it was really me. HAHAHA! Such an idiot she is, trust me!" Nancy began to laugh hysterically. Taehyung faked his chuckle. Jennie looked at me as if her eyes are the ones apologizing. Students looked at us, so we acted shocked. 

 

"Hmm, I see. Do you have any plans on apologizing?" Taehyung moved back a bit, Nancy looked at him confused. 

 

"No oppa, why would I do that?" 

 

"Really? What if she can hear and see us right now?" 

 

"H-huh? o-oppa what are y-you-" Nancy began to stutter as her eyes grew wide when she saw where Taehyung was pointing to. 

 

"B-but why oppa?! You lied!"

 

"My bestfriend, Jimin. You got him beat up didn't you? Damn my brother couldn't walk for !" Taehyung angrily slammed the table. 

 

"But y-y-you said you dont l-like her!" 

 

"Of course I don't, after all... I do have a girlfriend. Hey Jeongyeon, hope you like your babe's performance." Taehyung laughed a bit.

 

Bami called Taehyung, "Hey bro, put it on speaker." 

 

"Hey Nancy, whats up? I really liked your movie. Wanna hear  others' opinion?" Bami laughed, he then asked the students if they enjoyed. They answered "YES!" 

 

Jennie walked up to the platform and grabbed the phone. "Hey 'best friend' I liked your acting, truly grammy worthy. However, I wonder what my parents and your parents would think? Sayonara motherer." She ended the call and we all looked at the TV to see Nancy's reaction. The students all laughed at her and cursed her out.

 

" YOU NANCY!"

 

"GO TO HELL!"

 

"HAH YOU DESERVE THAT!"

 

Bami turned off the TV and walked down. 

 

"Alright, students. As always, if this gets out of school grounds — you know what will happen to you." Jisoo smiled and discussed the new rules added. One being, if you ever interact with Nancy — you are  expelled. 

 

"Dismissed." President Jisoo, said causing the students to go out. Leaving Jennie, Bami, Jisoo, Chaeng and I

 

"Thanks Bami." I hugged Bam and he hugged me back. 

 

"No probs, P!" He bid his goodbye to us and left with a big smile on his face. He said he was going to meet Taehyung now.

 

"Wow, she's a psychopath.." Chaeng opened the conversation, to which Jisoo agreed. 

 

"You're right, are you okay cuz?" Jisoo side hugged Jennie.

 

"I-I'm just in shock,  a little hurt too. How could I not notice? I trusted her Jisoo.." Jen put her face on her palm. 

 

"Sometimes the people you trust are the ones going to end up killing you." Chaeyoung said while she pats Jen's back. 

 

"It's not your loss, Jennie." I said and sat beside her as she looks up at me. 

 

"She's right cuz."

 

"You're right, her parents will discipline her anyways.. I'm sorry Chaeng.. Lisa.." 

 

"Its okay, we understand." Chaeyoung hugged Jennie tightly. 

 

Jen stood up and walked slowly to me, I tilt my head in confusion. When she got closer she engulfed me with a tight hug, my heart please be quiet. 

 

Jisoo and Chaeng bid their goodbyes while Jennie was still hugging me, after I unfreeze I hugged her back. 

 

"Jen, I uh.."  I stuttered, this is it Lisa! You can do it.. 

 

"Hmm?"

 

I pulled out of the hug and looked at her straight in the eyes. She looked confused so I gathered up confidence and took a deep breath before saying, 

 

"I like you, do you want to go out with me? On a date?"

 

 

 

 

 

*A/N This story is already published in wattpad, entitled "It was never her" by bruhxz. I suggest you read it from there. Thank you