Chapter 1

It was never her

Lisa's POV

 

 

Jennie Kim, one of the most popular― if not the most popular girl at Artist High. Who happens to be my first ever love. Although I happen to look dead on the outside when I see her, deep inside my whole inner self is dying.

 

"Hey Lali, what are you thinkin' about?" Chaeyoung asked me while handing me a sandwhich which I gratefully accepted.

 

Chaeyoung Park, well she's popular too, a total sweetheart at that. Add the fact that she's the main representative of the school ― in singing performances of course. Let me tell you, her voice? Heavenly. 

 

"Just certain things like-" She cut me off, looking at me as if she knows what. 

 

"Like the certain brunette over there," She pointed using her lips, I groaned in response. Of course this chipmunk already knows. 

 

"Can't blame me, her face is angelic. Too bad her attitude? Not so." I shook my head, I remember that one time I accidentally bumped her shoulder and believe me, it was the softest bump to ever exist, guess what she did? Yeah, she pushed me into the lockers and screamed so as the entire campus could hear, 

 

"Watch where you're going new kid!" 

 

Yeah well, if that's God's one way of letting me know that she shouldn't be the one occupying my entirety ― yeah it didn't work. I groaned frustratingly as I recall the incident. Why am I such an idiot? Stupid, Jennie Kim... 

 

"Did you say anything, Manoban?" Jennie Kim, the person I was JUST thinking about is suddenly in front of me wearing her well-known smirk. 

 

Oh .. Did she hear me? But I thought I-

 

"Yeah, your thoughts tends to.. well come out of your mouth unknowingly." Chae whispered. Yeah well, I'm dead.

 

"Nothing, Vice Pres." I replied, oh I forgot to mention. She's the vice president of Artist High. 

 

"No no, I clearly heard my name along with a word that starts with S? Oh yeah! Was it stup-"  She was cut off by the president, Jisoo Kim. Her cousin who by the way is the complete opposite of her. 

 

"Jennie Kim, you are requested to the Principal's office prontò." Jisoo looked at Jennie and spoke with such authority. At our school council there's no such thing as friends nor family.

 

Jennie rolled her eyes and left our sight, angrily. Jisoo then turned to as and smiled.

 

"Soooo?? What should we do after school? I suggest Ch!kin place today!" She excitingly exclaimed, did I forgot to mention that shes a er for chicken? 

 

"Babe, didn't you suggest that yesterday?" Chae spoked and smiled a little.

 

"Hmph! Yes, and both of you shrugged it off and ate at the hotpot resto instead!" She pouted, if you were talking to her? You wouldn't think she's the authoritative president at the student council. 

 

"Uhuh, and thats because?" Chae looked at me as if asking me to finish the sentence, and I willingly did.

 

"Because, we ate at the Ch!kin spot the day before yesterday Chu." I laughed a little, causing her to pout once more. 

 

"Okay fine, where do you want to go then?" She asked with her tone sounding dull. 

 

"I'm actually going to pass today. I'm going broke." I said hoping they would let me go today. 

 

But nooo, of course my dearest friends wouldn't let that happen. "Pleaseee?" I added

 

"Then to Ch!kin Karant today! My treat" Chu spoke fast causing as to look at her in disbelief. Wow, she's obsessed with chicken.

 

"That's the same place, Jisoo." 

 

"No, the place we usually go to is the Ch!kin spot. However, this is the Ch!ken Karant!" She proudly answers. Even at Chicken shops she's smart.

 

"And? The difference?" Chae rolled her eyes and looked at me to ask help. But, I shrugged instead. She and I both know we cant resist nor deny Jisoo. 

 

"Ugh Chaeee too many questions, such little time!" She grabbed both our wrist and started to walk out when a small brunette suddenly appeared. 

 

"Unnie, where are you going?" Jennie asked Jisoo who just rolled her eyes in return.

 

"Come on, let me come pleaseeee, unnie? Taehyung and the guys are pestering me." She pouted, ah there she is. The Jennie I fell for, such a cutie. 

 

She looked at me and groaned, "She's here too?" And there she goes, gone. 

 

"Obviously." I mumbled 

 

"What??" She annoyingly responds 

 

"Enough Jen, you can come." Chae looked at her with a WTF face. Jisoo noticed this and added, "However, you cannot make sarcastic nor rude remarks on both Chaeyoung and Lalisa." While gesturing to the both of us. 

 

We arrived at the so called Ch!kin Karant, just as I suspected it's full of people. 

 

"Just how are we going to eat here?" Jennie asked, in return Chu just smiled and walked to a guy we don't know who. 

 

"Come on, follow me." Chu said and we did what we were told, after all ― it's free. 

 

We entered a room labeled 'VIP room 3' 

 

Chae and I looked at each other with both our jaws dropped. We didn't know Ch!kin had these kinds of restaurants.

 

"Cool right? There's also a Karaoke! So, we can sing our hearts out." Jisoo put both her arms up and screamed YAHOO

 

"Really Unnie? I mean with this person?" Jennie scoffed and irritatingly pointed at me, before I could even respond Chae charged at her

 

"You know I'm just about done with you!" Chae attempted to get closer but I pulled her to me. 

 

"Enough, Chaeyoung-ah" I softly said. She looked at me before storming out. Jisoo looked at me as if she's saying sorry and threw Jennie a death glare before following Chae.

 

Jennie was still frozen, still couldn't believe someone attempted to fight her back. She eventually sat down and composed herself. 

 

"Why?" 

 

"What?!" Jennie asked annoyed.

 

"Why do you do this? Make fun of us at school, make stupid sarcastic remarks? Oh and make sure we have the tiest day?" I asked her looking straight in her eyes. 

 

She looked away before answering, "Well duh, you guys are obviously easy to pick on." 

 

"Sure, but we both know that's not the REAL reason why." I still looked at her eyes which she has been carefully avoiding. 

 

"Because, I loathe you. No erase that, I hate you." She angrily scoffed. I was confused as to why she would have that feelings for me? I never did anything wrong.

 

"Why so? I've never talked to you nor interacted with you in any way. What could have I possibly done to make you feel this way?" I was determined for her and I to make amends. I do not want to waste my college year like this. 

 

"Are you seriously that oblivious?" She rolled her eyes at me before continuing. "You talked behind my back and spread the rumor that I was gay and ed the principal!"

 

"Didn't you though?" I joked which in return I received a death glare. "I'm kidding. But, in all

seriousness I did not do such." 

 

"Lies! Nancy told me so!" She got nearer to me, I gulped ― not because I was scared but because my heart was beating fast due to our closeness and my undying feelings for her. 

 

"W-who the h-hell is N-Nancy?" I questioned, she furrowed her eyebrows.

 

"Are you ing kidding me? Nancy told me that you were trying to get on my level and destroy my reputation! And oh! She said you told her all your devilish plan to throw me off!" She was seriously mad. But in all honesty, I don't get these false accusations, just who the hell is Nancy?

 

I slowly pushed her shoulders away from me to stop me from screaming internally and passing out.

 

"I'm serious Jennie, I do not know who you're talking about. Besides, how was I suppose to tell her these things if 1. I did not know her name nor how she looked like 2. You know I'm leading in my batch , therefore you could conclude that I wouldn't be dumb to tell anyone my plan ― which by the way does NOT exist. 3. I'm with Chaeyoung the whole day and you can confirm that to her and our club president, Seulgi. And lastly, Why would I want to throw you off when the last thing I want in this school is to be noticed?" I spoke calmly and non-stop hoping that she would finally understand and get what I'm trying to say. I took a deep breath when I saw her looking at me dumfounded before softening up.

 

 

She remained quiet for a few second and slumped down to her seat. "I don't understand" 

 

I facepalmed myself internally and sighed. "I told you I do-" 

 

"I understand what you said, all of it. But, I don't understand why Nancy, my bestfriend, would lie about this?" She looked at me and sounded so broken. 

 

"I-I don't know Jennie, although I'm very sorry." I apologized even if I didn't do anything. It's obvious though, perhaps Nancy was jealous of Jennie that's why she tried to lie and slowly destroy Jennie's reputation.

 

"I-I'm" Before continuing what she's trying to say she exhaled and looked at me. My heart was starting to beat faster and faster as she gets closer.. 

 

"I'm truly sorry Lalisa, for making your first 2 month in school hell. Especially when it was just an assumption that led to this. I sincerely apologize." After finishing, she hugged me tight. I smiled at the act.

 

"Thank you, I forgive you and Chae willl probably do the same. But, I beg you do not provoke her. Also, could you please apologize to her?" I asked worryingly, I was afraid she would deny the request but she didn't.

 

When Jisoo and Chaeyoung entered the room, Chae looked calmer. Jennie approached her and started to explain things while I support her by sharing what I feel as well. In the end, they both hugged and everything was good, I hope so.