Chapter 3

It was never her

"I- woah.. Uh, Lisa.." 

 

My heart's beating so fast, will she say yes?? I mean, no! She shouldn't im..im just no one. I- I might ruin her reputation.. No, Lalisa. You got this, you'll make her happy.

 

"I'm truly sorry Lisa. I'm going to have to reject your offer, though I am grateful you like me despite all the bad things I've done to you." She held my hand and sincerely looked at me.

 

I should've known, I should've stopped myself.. Ugh idiot Lalisa!

 

"It's just I'm straight and I.. my repu-" Jennie continued but before she goes further, I stopped her from breaking my heart even more.

 

"I-It's okay J-Jen. I understand!" I tried my best to give her the most sincere smile I could manage, however it might've came different for her. She smiled at me in return, a smile of pity huh.

 

2 weeks later..

 

"So, atleast you told her. Now, maybe you can move on." Chae said as she patted my back. How'd she find out you might ask? Well, I ran as fast as I could to our dorm and well... cried my heart out. I was just too weak-minded and my heart's too fragile for my own good. Uggh 

 

"Move on? Chae, just.. how can I do that?" I looked at her eyes hoping for some answer but she just shrugged.

 

I groaned once more, I don't like this at all. I'll win your heart Jennie Kim. We've been talking about this 2 weeks ago. Ugh!

 

"Do you know what? Let's go out tomorrow, to the rest house or something. Since the school announced a week holiday, we could spend it there." 

 

A holiday? Really.. damn was I that affected that I didn't even hear the teachers sayin' that? 

 

"Yeah uh, it was Jisoo who announced it. Apparently, she was already tired of school works." Chae shrugged. She stood up and gathered her clothes in her bed while I was just frozen looking at her. 

 

"Why didn't I just fall in love with you, Chaeng?" I said and then buried my face in the pillow. 

 

"Because that would be , Lali." She sat down beside me.

 

"Come on, no time for sulking. If Jisoo comes in here, she might pester you even more than I do." She pulled me up causing me to stand. 

 

While I was putting my stuff in my suitcase, I found 2 thongs. I hastily picked it up and asked a certain blonde,

 

"Is this yours?" I asked Chae as I point 'it' to her. Her face quickly reddened and with an attempt to grab it — she fell on top of me. 

 

The door opened fast, revealing an angry Jisoo. I saw how annoyed Jisoo was with our position right now, so I decided to a tiny bit more. 

 

"Hey Chaeng, my ears hurt could you check it for me?" I quickly asked and pulled Chaengs face closer,

 

"H-huh? Where?" She held my cheeks causing for Jisoo to pull her up carefully. 

 

"What are you two doing??" Jisoo asked with her eyes furrowed. I just shrugged while Jennie helped me stand up..

 

Wait.. Jennie?! I just stared her, wow.. Still pretty as ever. She smiled at me and goddamn, My insides melted. Wait no, that's gross.

 

"Lisa? I asked if you're okay?" Jennie worryingly grabbed my cheeks and wiped it. 

 

"There's a bit of a scratch, but no worries it's not deep nor is it big." Jennie smiles assuringly. 

 

I glared at Chaeng only to find her blushing at Jisoo's actions, whipped. The two of them are obviously into each other — none of them are making moves though. 

 

"I- Yes, I'm alright." I smiled and pulled back my hand. 

 

"Why all these packing?" Jisoo asked as she wanders around the room, scanning our 'enormous' baggages

 

"Oh, we're going to my parent's vacation house at Hawaii tomorrow." I eyed Chaeng, and she gave me the look of confusion while mouthing, "what?" I looked at Jennie back to her and she made an O face

 

"Really?! That sounds fun! Can we comee please??" Jennie pleaded while pouting. I mean goddamn, who can resist that? 

 

"Sure! I mean, if it's alright with Lisa."  Chaeng looked at me as if asking permission, 

 

I smiled at her, and shrugged. "That's your vacation house, up to you." 

 

"Yay! Jendeukie and I will go pack our things now. Nyeeeongan" She shouted as she pulled Jennie by the arm to go out. Crazy president, I shook my head.

 

"Are you going to be okay?" Chaeng asked me with worry written all over her.

 

"I'll be." 

 

 

~•~

 

 

"Alright so you sit here with Jennie and I sit with Chaeng." Jisoo said as she pulled Chaengs arm — leaving Jen and I with no choice. 

 

"Uh, hey." Jen shyly initiates, I smiled at her in return. 

 

"Is it your first time flying?" Jen begins again, she wont drop will she?

 

"No, I've done this multiple times before." 

 

"It's my first time, so I'm a little bit scared." She said as she looks away from embarrassment.

 

"Why would you be? I wont let anything happen to you — I'm beside you after all." 

 

Wait.. what did I just say?? Ugh Lisa you idiot! She must feel uncomfortable now. And guess what, I was right! She looked away even more. 

 

The airplane was ascending with my heart beating quicker and faster after realizing I'll be sitting with Jen for hours! I looked over to her as she clenches the arm rest with her eyes tightly closed. To reduce the horror she's feeling, I grabbed the other pair of my airpods and played a music — How deep is your love by Bee Gees.

 

She opened her other eye to look at me and I gave her a reassuring smile.

 

"This worked for me when it was my first time, I hope it helps you even by a bit." I said as I grabbed her other hand for me to hold tight. 

 

She seemed to calm down when the airplane was flying steadily. I attempted to let go of her hand but she tightened it more. "Safe.." Jen mumbled I almost couldn't hear her.

 

She leaned in my shoulders for the rest of the flight except when she ate, she would sit properly only to lean again after finishing. After several hours of sitting still to avoid waking up Jennie, we finally arrived to our destination. Upon stepping down the plane I realized what had happened in the plane — where did I get that confidence from? I reddened the thought of what happened.

 

"I saw you two there." Jisoo whispered to my ears. I reddened again, of course they would be looking.

 

"Uh yeah, just forget about it. Even Jennie looked like she did — She has been avoiding me too." I mutter. She furrowed her eyebrows a bit 

 

"Knowing my cuz? She's probably dying inside." She responds. I shook my head — I don't want to believe in something that's not proven.

 

~•~

 

We arrived at the rest house Chaeng's parents own, though I believe it's already hers. Simply becaaaause I kinda overheard her parents naming the property to Park Chaeyoung. 

 

I lied down on my bed and released the long kept scream I've been holding for too long, Chae looked at me shocked and confused — well duh, she wasn't the one in my position for her to understand. I rolled my eyes and mouthed, "what?"

 

"You look.. weird.. like happy weird — you're happy yet you look dead. Whats up?" 

 

"Surely you saw Jen and I back at the plane?" I made sure just in case she won't know what I'm talking about.

 

"Yeah, you guys were pretty obvious. So? What's the problem?" 

 

"It was like.. She forgot about it. She made sure to avoid unnecessary contact with me, not even one glance." I groaned once more, she looked at me with a poker face.

 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I questioned, she's looking at me like I'm a dumb person.

 

"You're dumb. Reaaaally dumb, Lisa." 

 

I scoffed, "Nyenyenye, and you aren't?" 

 

"What do you mean huh?" Oh wow, she gon' straight up square up with me huh?

 

"Do you think I don't see how you and Jisoo go touchy touchy with each other?" 

 

"W-wha?" She cleared and continued, "Just a friendly act — Don't take it the wrong way" I rolled my eyes and made a face when she looked away from embarrassment.

 

After a while, Chaeng invited me to play a game called 'Mobil Legendro: Pew Pew' I have no clue what this game is, but we ended up playing till 12am, yeah you got that right. Since we got here around 2pm — we haven't stopped. We figured Jen and Chu fell asleep, so we didn't bother them. 

 

"Yahh! Can you come with me in mid? Why are you always jungling?!" Chaeng exclaimed, in return I scoffed,

 

"Are you an idiot? This here requires jungling in order to attain more EXP and Gold!" I remarked annoyed. 

 

"Yeah whatever, can't you see we're having a team fight here?! At least help us !" She half screamed in my face, while pointing at her phone screen "Resurrecting in 30 seconds"

 

"SAVAGEEE" says the person in the game, whoever that is. 

 

I looked at Chaeyoung with a smirk plastered on my face, "And thats how you play." 

 

"VICTORRRRRRRYYY!" 

 

 

 

 

 

*AN* Hi to myself and whomever. I write this purely out of boredom and passion. So, I sincerely apologize if you are getting bored of it — just simply stop reading if you're feeling so. The story will start from their college days until Irene appears. See ya