You must be onto me

Haunting

 

Kim Yerim

Age: Unknown

: Female

COD: Homicide

 

“Homicide?”

 

Sooyoung had reached the last website that spoke anything about this girl. This one was different than the rest of them. The website was known for researching and reporting on things that the government wouldn’t even speak about. This was the only article that mentioned anything about homicide as a possible cause of death. It seemed as though the writer was sure that her death was a homicide. Sooyoung has gotten to the point of madness. This was her only focus in life and nothing could make her come out of her hole. After the dream, her craving for answers only grew stronger. So here she was again in the middle of a library scrolling through endless articles ignoring the headache pounding in her head. 

 

“Kim Yer-yerim?” Seulgi tried to whisper but her voice echoed through the small library.

 

“Shh be quiet and yes that’s her name”

 

Both girls had been in the library for the longest time but they didn’t mind it. Sooyoung was looking for answers and Seulgi was looking for something to do. As much as this whole thing scared the crap out of her she still stayed by her side. The two girls got along very well and even if Sooyoung annoyed the crap out of her sometimes they were always trying to stick together. They had been friends for years, ever since they were young children. Seulgi was the first person Sooyoung came out to when she came to terms with her uality. She was the only one by her side after her parents disowned her, leaving her to rot in the streets. Seulgi’s parents were very supportive and took her in. She was 16 at the time, the thought of living without her parents scared her but she grew to be happy. 

 

“Who is this girl anyway” 

 

“Seulgi I’ve been asking myself for weeks now”

 

“Smart girl she was” the unfamiliar voice was deep but feminine.

 

Behind them stood an older lady in what seemed to be her late 80s. She wore a simple dress with a flower print on it. Her eyes were dark black which contradicted her grey hair. The woman had a ring on her hand that seemed to glow under the bright lights. 

 

“Pardon?” Sooyoung wasn’t sure who the woman was but instinct kicked in as she reached for her pocket. She made sure to always have pepper spray on her.

“Kim Yerim was a smart girl, she knew more than I could ever even begin to think to know” she wasn’t looking at them as she spoke. 

 

With her back facing them she simply stared at the books in front of her. Her hands gently touching the backs of the books, almost as if she was admiring them. 

 

“Did you know her?” seulgi wanted to tell her not to say anything but it was too late. The words had left before she could tell her not to respond to the stranger. 

 

Everything about her was creepy, the way she stood in a way that made her seem like royalty. Just the presence of this woman had both girls feeling scared. Suddenly she turned around and looked at the girls. Inspecting their faces and looking up and down their bodies. She inched closer and closer but they didn’t even dare to move. Her eyes grew soft as their bodies grew stiffer. Her eyes focused on Sooyoung as she reached out her hand to her. Sooyoung felt that the floor was better to look at then her eyes. Gently the stranger lifted sooyoung’s head until she was able to make eye contact with the younger woman. Seulgi couldn’t breathe and she felt as if she was glued in place.

 

“She would’ve fallen in love with you” sooyoung felt like she couldn’t breathe.

 

Who was this stranger and why did she know so much about yerim. What was this about falling in love? Both girls were stuck in place as if they were under a spell. 

 

“Who-who are you?”

 

“That isn’t of your concern” she raised an eyebrow at seulgi.

 

Sooyoung finally got the courage to remove her hand from her face. The stranger stepped back and looked at the girls one last time before walking away, without saying a word. 

 

“Alright sooyoung what the did you get yourself into” 

 

Sooyoung didn’t hear what she said all she could focus on was the feeling left on her cheek. It felt cold as if she had put ice on it. 

 

“Let's go back to my apartment”

 

Seulgi didn’t even say another word instead she watched as her friend began to softly shake. She began to get worried but asking about it would only make matters worse. The car ride home was silent with the only sound coming from the radio. 

 

“Seungwan are you home?” her voice echoed through the rooms and the sound of door shutting was heard. 

 

“No” Seungwan giggled from the back of the couch as she hid but both girls could see her.

 

With one look at each other, both girls ran to tickle her. The empty soundless apartment was now filled with laughter coming from the three girls. Their eyes too focused on one another to notice the figure watching them with a smile. The figure leaning on the kitchen table not making a noise to disturb them. It wouldn’t make a difference because her voice can’t be heard by them.

 

“OKAY GUYS STOP” Seungwan did her best to detangle herself from the group.

The girls looked 12 again as they rolled around on the floor trying to avoid being tickled. The three girls rarely had time to hang out now because of work and school. Since it was winter break they finally got the chance to spent time with each other. They had missed acting like children around each other. Their laughter was healing for them and this was what true happiness was to them.  

 

 They spent the rest of the night together but their laughter would soon fade.