My heart it lulls

Haunting

 

Sooyoung come on let's leave it’s late” 

 

The sun was long gone and the moon had now kissed the sky. The cold wind made the place seem to be even more haunted. Hundreds of graves of nameless people but yet here they stood looking for a name. Wendy stared at the younger girl hoping she would react to the fear in her eyes. Her short blonde hair slowly blowing in the breeze. 

 

“Relax I think this is her” her hands carefully dusting off the gravestone

 

Seungwan felt her skin get goosebumps and she wasn’t liking one bit of this. The whole idea was making her stomach turn. Sooyoung had become obsessed with a picture she found of a mystery girl. The clothing style gave away the fact that this girl was long gone from this physical life. She spent hours trying to figure out who she was. Ever since she found the picture she would be woken by the feeling of being watched. She paid no mind to the feeling even after the numerous warnings from Seungwan. Her body was shaking from the cold but she needed to see the name on the stone. The night was growing colder as her heart began to beat faster and with one last wipe she finally let out a shaky breath.

 

Kim Ye-rim

 

“Time is a funny thing isn’t it…”

 

Both girls looked equally confused. What did it mean and who the hell was this girl. Seungwan let out a long hard sigh but Sooyoung couldn’t even focus on it. She had her eyes glued as if she was being hypnotized by the words in front of her. 

 

“Can we go now before I piss my pants” her voice and body shaking bringing Sooyoung back into reality 

 

“Y-yeah let’s go this is getting creepy”

 

Both girls couldn’t sleep that night but both for different reasons. Seungwan caught a cold from being out so late without a sweater and Sooyoung was typing her fingers away. When the clock hit 2 am Seungwan was finally able to fall asleep. However Sooyoung couldn’t stop staring at her laptop in front of her. 

 

“Who is this girl…” her voice barely above a whisper

 

She felt someone watching her but she didn’t dare to move. The feeling had become normal to her. The sound of her mouse clicking and her typing filled the entire apartment. Every website led her to the same story but in different words. About the girl who no one knew disappeared until years later. The girl who according to everyone had no history and no family. Her background was a mystery and that’s what made Sooyoung obsessed. That and the fact that she felt a weird connection to the girl. She had become frustrated with the fact that there were no answers to her questions. She had spent weeks staying up late trying to figure out who this girl was. If there was one thing she hated it was not getting what she wanted. 

 

“Okay well what the ” she leaned back in her chair staring up at the ceiling. 

 

She wanted to sleep but her pet peeve was getting the best of her. Just like that she fell asleep on her laptop unaware of the shadow her hair staring at her screen. 

 

“Sooyoung get up you have to go to work” 

 

“Tell them I quit” 

 

Seungwan couldn’t stand to live with this girl sometimes. She knew that she was probably up late staring at her screen again. Slowly she made her way to her bed and let out a sigh. 

 

“You know what I have to do now” 

 

With that she jumped on the bed and grabbed a cup of water that sat on her small desk. It was the same thing every morning but at least she was living rent free. Just as she was about to pour the water on her face she heard a phone ring. Sooyoung could hear her run to the living room only to hear her let out a loud angry scream.

 

“YOU GOT LUCKY THEY SAID NOT TO GO TO WORK TODAY” 

 

She didn’t even have time to respond because she heard her slam the door shut. Instead of getting up she looked at her laptop before deciding to go back to bed to catch up on the sleep that she was missing. She could’ve sworn she saw the girl in front of her bed with a soft smile but she knew it was just her lack of sleep. The girl had only planned on sleeping for a couple hours but by the time she got up it was dark out again. Lucky for her, it was only 7pm which meant she had time to eat dinner. The house was dark, the only light coming from the kitchen where Seungwan was making a soup for dinner.

 

“What’s up loser” 

 

She didn’t even look back at the younger girl. She kept her eyes on the soup in front of her waiting for it to be ready for her to eat because she was starving. Both girls had spent the whole day asleep which meant they didn’t get to eat their proper meals. 

 

“Shut it or you won’t get to eat”

 

Once she said that Sooyoung straightened her back and pretended to zip shut seemingly throwing the key at Seungwan. 

 

“Yes Wendy ma’am” her face dead serious as she saluted her.

 

“When will you call me my actual name”

 

Sooyoung looked off into the distance, pretending that she was actually considering it.

 

“Never” 

 

Seungwan wanted to slap the stupid smile off her face. Breathe she's paying the rent the thought of having to pay the rent scared her more than her nickname angered her. She already had to worry about paying for her college education and if she would have to pay rent she would drop out and live on the streets. She was thankful for Sooyoung but of course she would never tell the younger girl.

 

“Oh by the way don’t be slamming doors this is my apartment”

 

“What” both girls stared at each other with a confused look on their faces

 

“Earlier when work called to say I didn’t have to go in…?” 

 

“Sooyoung I didn’t slam any doors I swear”

 

Wendy put her hands up trying to show that she was innocent of what she was being accused of. She knew her well and by the look on her face she knew that she wasn’t lying.

 

“Then who did….”