Five

First Law of Motion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No one could ever anticipate something such as domesticity in any cases unless you choose to marry the person. Where two people are much comfortable to each other that they started sharing almost everything about each other's life, from their deepest secrets to the most common phrase 'How was your day? '. And everyone around the drummer and the masseuse rest their case on that area. The two would always meet each other on each other's workplace and somehow always finds a way to deny that they pick each other up.

Byul of all the people was the one who were able to witness everything, from their lazy morning wherein Wheein would get up early just to cook something for the masseuse and the latter would quitely walks up to Wheein and hug her from the back, snifling her neck and showering her with kisses to their midnight bond, what used to be screaming and turns to murmuring and fit of giggles. Wheein often forget her towel upon entering the shower room and Hwasa would speak in a low tone telling the drummer that she left her towel behind, again, a sign that Hwasa is so used to this scenario. The thing that gives the pair the most is when Hwasa leaves in the morning she would lean in for a kiss which is not even a lustful one, it's not forced especially it's not plan, you would think that they are not even aware that they are doing it, the kiss is soft, always and wholesome.

One time Wheein sang her piece to Byul and Hwasa, the three of them situated at the couch as the drummer plays her acoustic guitar, the keyboardist watch as Hwasa stared at her bandmate like she hang the stars in the sky.

And the two were not aware, even when they stopped having all the time or when Wheein is flopped down in her tummy to Hwasa's bed as she writes a song while Hwasa scrolls down to her phone giving the drummer light presses to her shoulder or back or legs literally anywhere Hwasa's hand would end up. And the both of them failed to see that Wheein is practically living with Hwasa, she would always come to her crib when Hwasa was not able to pick her up, she would always bring something for her, because she knows how the masseuse likes to eat. It is so cliché, that anyone who sees them would want to take their eyes out upon watching. 

And their friends came to acknowledged that these two are dumb enough not to see those signs that they should be together. And they learned especially Byul not to interfere, not when Wheein is too happy and oblivious of everything.

Everything between the two seems foreign for them, it seems like someone is too alienated to their own emotions. And tonight is no different than those other days spent on each other's apartment.

 

Wheein just finished cooking for the masseuse, she quitely approached the woman sitting at the bed, who is currently engrossed at the folded newspaper she is holding 

"What are you doing?" Wheein asked curiously, as she situate herself on Hwasa's lap entangling her legs around her waist. The drummer took a peek of the newspaper.

"Crossword" the masseuse complied absently. Wheein brows drew together, staggered. Only realizing now that this woman does a crossword puzzle. Hwasa turned to Wheein wondering why she fell silent.

"Yes, Wheein-ah, I do crossword puzzles" she answered Wheein's dilemma, shaking her head in disbelief before turning her attention back to the puzzle.

"Yah, I cooked Gopchang-jeongol for you" the drummer pouts, Hwasa smirked, still busy on her newspaper.

"You like cooking for me, huh?" Wheein hummed cheerfully in response and to Wheein it seems that the masseuse has no plans on eating anytime soon, she untangled her legs already halfway up, mumbling words insinuating that she's sulking. Hwasa pulled her, sealing their lips, engaging to a passionate kiss. Wheein exhaled at the weight of the kiss they just shared. 

"Careful, I might wife you up" Hwasa blurted out, she hides her panic through a suggestive facade. This time it's the drummer who pulled her into a kiss, Hwasa needed to pause after a loud moan.

"Wow" she murmured.

"I'll make sure to be careless" Wheein rebutted, leaving the other girl dumbfounded. In amidst of all these little scenario the two would still not talk about it, like it is a bubble waiting to be pop and they are into another bubble pretending that the other does not exist.

 

The two is sitting by the dining area at the kitchen, as usual Hwasa is situated at the drummer's lap while savoring her meal, the former would casually feed Wheein, as they talk about the most random stuff.

"Why do you like cooking so much?" the masseuse inquired before devouring the last gopchang.

"No, I don't" Hwasa squints her eyes at the response she got from the other girl.

"I like cooking for you" the drummer added, without knowing what it does to Hwasa's emotion. People would always say 'A way to a man' s heart is through his stomach', but nobody told Hwasa that this could also be the fastest way to her heart.

"You are such a smooth talker" the masseuse chuckled.

"I bet you are so used to it" Wheein replied suggesting that the other girl gets a lot of attention.

"You could say that" Wheein smirked at Hwasa's reply. 

"Unfortunately, I have my eyes on someone" Hwasa added, receiving a sweet genuine smile from the drummer.

"And you say that I'm a smooth talker?"

"Oh yes, you so are" Hwasa whispered huskily almost a centimeter away to the drummer's lips, before capturing it with a kiss.

Hwasa entangled her arms to Wheein's neck, the latter smoothly sliding her fingers to Hwasa's back, gaining a soft moan from her. The drummer lightly squeezed upon arriving at Hwasa's buttocks, the room is now filled with the sound of the masseuse's louder moan, which surely awakened something in Wheein. She aggresively carried the woman, again surprising Hwasa of her strength​​​​​​, although you might think that she should be used to it by now. Wheein carried her all the way to her bed. And they know that tonight will be another long night for the both of them.

 

 

 

Friday night at The Abyss and just like any other weekend that the band spent in here, the group is present. Wheein is hoping that her masseuse would also be here tonight, of course disregarding the fact that Hwasa told her that she might not be able to come. Maybe because she just misses her, it has been a week since they saw each other, Wheein has been busy finishing her song with Sandeul, she promised a collaboration with their leader that is long overdue by now, so she told Hwasa that she would not be able to visit her place and that Sandeul might stay their apartment for the whole week or so and vice versa or maybe because Hwasa has not heard the song before and she wants her to hear her sing it for the first time.

She's currently fixing the stage together with their keyboardist when the latter started talking about Hwasa.

"She was talking to some random guy last week" Byul was waiting for a usual reaction, jealousy or rage maybe but she got nothing.

"She seems to entertain him" Discontented at slim to zero reaction she got, the keyboardist added.

"Byul, what are you trying to say?" Wheein responded flatly, her eyes boring into Byul. Honestly, she knows what her friend is talking about and trying to suggest, but she couldn't care less, they are not together in the first place. But the thought of someone, that's not her, making the girl smile, entertaining her, touching her, fuels her anger but she would not say it to anyone even to herself.

"Nothing, collect your girl maybe?" Byul points out orutundly enough for them but not for the audience. The concern is transparent at Wheein's end but it is getting old, she made sure to tell her friends escpecially Byul that there is nothing going on between the two of them. So it came as confusing to her that her bandmate is bringing up things like this, as if she didn't see that guy pulling a suggestive smile at her girl, she likes to think that. And Hwasa returning the gesture, she really is a magnet to anyone, and there is no one to blame, the girl is obviously alluring, even a blind man would be able to determine that she's attractive. 

"Byul, seriously you gotta stop, Hwasa is not an object to collect and she's not my girl either" that surely is a bittersweet truth to say for Wheein​​​​​.

"You are so stupid" Byul pulled her out of her trance, Wheein smiled mockingly.

"Says from the one who has a weekly encounter to someone who's openly dating someone" Wheein rebutted not regretting a word, if Byul thinks she's stupid then Wheein thinks Byul's moronic act is downright foolishness.

"They're not dating, moron" Byul countered biliously.

"Ya, get out of there, you two are gonna take forever to finish the set up" Seulgi popped out from the backstage, finishing what the two started.

"Here you go" Byul put an imaginary crown to Seulgi's head, implying to pass the most stupid award. The bassist however was oblivious of the act.

FLASHBACK

It is Joohyun's birthday and since she was not able to come home to Daegu due to her duties as a senior editor on a newspaper company she decided to celebrate it with her friends, not as if the group did not plan on doing so. The celebration started as early as 6 PM, the party took place at Joohyun's house, she did not invite a lot of people only the significant ones. Yerim was also there since the kid loves her so much ever since. 

It was almost past midnight when they all decided to call it a night, Heechul already left with Wheein, Sandeul and Yonghoon also went home as soon as Yonghoon recovered from his misery by being the drunk , while Joohyun was able to coaxed Seulgi to let her take her and Yerim home. Before leaving Joohyun assured that Byul will take Yong home, since Byul is not intoxicated and Yongsun is lying at the couch, tipsy. 

After few minutes Yongsun was able to resurface, her eyes half closed and her headache is spiking like crazy. Byul who is sitting not far away from her approached Yongsun as soon as she stirred from her previous position. Yongsun groaned and winced at pain as she tried to sit up. 

"Hey wait, I'll go get you a water" Byul was quick to return, apparently the water has been sitting by the kitchen counter waiting for Yongsun, the keyboardist prepared it earlier. 

Yongsun was able to finished the cold glass of water, feeling empty from to her stomach. She been down for almost an hour now, she has been drinking, hard since 8 PM, only fair to feel like now. The two are now sitting side by side, Byul asked if she's feeling any better and only got a slow nod from the girl. She has been like this for days now, after years of break up the two grew accustomed of the love and hate relationship, Byul annoys Yongsun all the time and they banter a lot, however they are the closest to each other, disregarding of course Byul and Wheein. And it has been weird for the both of them, Yongsun is not giving Byul the glare, she is not throwing her negative remarks. She has not even spare the keyboardist a look and maybe to someone who does not know Yongsun well, they would not catch her jealousy, especially upon meeting Chanmi for the first time, but it is different, Byul knows her so much, that behind those flashy smile Yongsun offered to the stranger the keyb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter