You Are My Favourite Idol

My Favorite Idol

A/N: This is pt 2 of the finale. Remember to catch the 1st part in chapter 9!

------------------------

"Seulgi, over here!" exclaimed Jisoo, as she saw her unnie running towards her.

"Thanks for getting this for me," she continued as the older passed her the red box.

"Can't believe you forget this," Seulgi sighed and shook her head in amusement.

"Sorry, but I hope that I didn't disturb you."

"It's fine. My wife is taking care of Yeri but that little devil didn't want me to get out of the house," this time Seulgi sighed at the thoughts of her scary daughter. Her daughter definitely inherited that from her wife.

"Poor Kang appa. I still can't believe that you got married to your scary mentor," teased the younger, remembering how her senior-friend was during the first month of her job.

"Me too, don't remind me of how I ended up with Irene. But she was really cute and funny when she was so jealous at Wendy," Seulgi laughed and beamed her monloid eyes.

"Can't believe that you are going to settle down soon," said the older, as she patted on Jisoo's back.

"It's not confirmed though," replied Jisoo, with a slightly nervous tone.

"Don't worry, you've got this! Fighting for later!"

The two uni mates then split up and it was time for Jisoo enter the concert hall. 

"Chaeyoung!"

"Unnie! Finally, you are here. The next song is 'As If It's Your Last'. After the song ends, it is your cue," said Chaeyoung as she explained to Jisoo on the execution of the older's plan.

"Yes, director!"

When the background music to 'As If It's Your Last', Jisoo admired how Jennie was singing and dancing to the song. Even after 10 years, the younger was still the perfect idol. Even though Jennie had stopped using the term idol after 7 years into her career, to Jisoo, Jennie was still her favourite idol.

Time is ticking
I’m getting impatient
Only you are my world

Jisoo smiled as her girlfriend sang those verses. Indeed their love time is ticking and it was time to bring their romance to the next level. Jisoo was getting truly impatient. Jennie is her world and she just wanted to give her the best. 

As if it’s the last, as if it’s the last
As if it’s the last night, love
As if it’s the last, as if it’s the last
As if there’s no tomorrow

Living in the moment was what she had realised while being with Jennie and she loved every bit of it. She breathed in deeply after the singer had ended the song. It was her time to shine. 

The lights suddenly turned off and the spotlight was turned to her, at the centre aisle of the concert hall. Then, the spotlight near Jennie was switch on but dimmer.

"Hello, pabo Ni! I think you are surprised with what is going on but thank you for being with me for the past 10 years. You have taught me a lot about life and helped me to overcome my toughest moments in life. I am sorry for being childish sometimes and gave you a lot of headaches. But thank you for always being there with me. I will continue to hold onto my promise to you at the book cafe. I will not forget our love and especially, my love for you. You are the butter to my bread, my sugar to my coffee and most importantly, my Jennie to my Jisoo. If that makes sense. I will be the perfect wife for you, who will stay with you, even after death do us apart." Everything that Jisoo wanted to say was eloquently delivered. 

She could see the shocked look of her lover's face and how her lover had wiped her eyes. She had definitely succeeded, but still, she had to ask the golden question. Jisoo was now walking to the stage, up the flight of stairs and soon, was in front of Jennie. She knelt down, holding on the singer's hands and asked, "Jennie Kim, I love you. Will you marry me?" 

As she looked at the younger with hopeful eyes, she quickly took out the red box and opened it. The diamond ring dazzled under the spotlight.

Jennie was still surprised. The love of her life was in front of her, asking for her hand in marriage. Of course, she would say yes. She had waited for this day to come. Both of them had been very careful in the relationship because of her career. Now that she's an established singer and moved on to acting and even song production, they could finally be more open in their relationship.

"Yes, I do. I love you too, Kim Jisoo!" she pulled the older up and gave her a tight crushing hug and whispered her vows into Jisoo's ear, "I promise to be with you too, forever and ever. Don't ever think of forgetting about me because I will continue to remind you every day."

The filming crew were cheering at the newly engaged couple and it was time for Chaeyoung to give her present to them. A load of rose petal began to fall on the stage, to signify a happy moment but the director began to tear at the lovely sight. Her best friend finally found her true happiness. On the cue, Lisa hugged her and her wife's hair.

After the short event, the couple went to the waiting room so that the petals could be cleared up for the next rehearsal and eventually the concert. 

"What am I going to do with you?" asked Jennie, who was still over the moon with the marriage proposal.

"Why?" asked Jisoo, hands on her lover's face, chuckling at how cute she looked.

"You make my heart beat so fast, even until now," confessed the younger shyly, trying to look away.

"I think this would help."

Jisoo leaned in and gave a kiss on her future wife's plump lips. Indeed, this helped Jennie to calm down and she was now laying on Jisoo's chest.

"This feels different," said the older, with her hands around Jennie.

"I am here with you."

"Of course, you are, my favourite idol."

- The End-