*:・゚chapter 07 - special

カレッジ / university love stories
 

 

"PARTYYYYY!!!" Jackson and Jacob kicked open the door of the karaoke room, already absolutely wasted from the pregame with their roommates. An equally drunk Howon and Minjun followed in after them. Although not sober, the group of four still exuberated a cool confidence as they stood at the door of the room, somewhat... were they posing?

Yeolhwa, Hyeri, Hana, and Jongin were the first ones there, and watched the scene. Yeolhwa stifled a laugh at the sight of the four drunk boys posing at the door, trying to effortless look cool. "What in the Walmart version Boys over Flowers F4 are they trying to-" Hana turned to Hyeri, whose eyes were automatically glued to Howon, grinning in amusement. "Well, I guess they do look somewhat cool..."

Yeolhwa scoffed, grabbing a soju bottle and flicking the cap off. "They look absolutely stupid." Right then,  "Nobody" by the Wonder Girls began playing on screen. "GUYS. IT'S OUR SONG." With a loud series of hoots, the four proceeded to stumble into the room, falling over one another as they grabbed microphones and began belting out the lyrics of the song. 

"My point is made," Yeolhwa said matter in factly to Hyeri and Hana, raising her soju bottle in the direction of the loud boys. "Cheers to that," and took a swig. "I don't know what you're talking about, they seem lit as ," Jongin grinned, clinking his glass with Yeolhwa's and taking a shot as well. 

"I think they're absolutely adorable," Hyeri stated, her own cheeks beginning to turn pink from the alcohol as she too took a swig, her eyes not leaving Howon. 

The door to the room swung open yet again, causing Hyeri to reluctantly remove her gaze from the latter to see the new arrivals. Sarang walked in, looking ever so sober followed by a guy and a girl who were clearly not so, giggling to one another. Hyunjin and Ryujin. No one was observant enough to notice Sarang's stony expression upon entering, as it quickly rearranged itself into a bright smile at the sight of her new friends, as she dashed over to them and gave them all a hug. 

"Run it back to drunk Sarang again tonight?" Hana grinned. Sarang adamantly shook her head. "Never again. I'm back to sober-forever Sarang. That hangover was horrible. Yeolhwa thought for a second as her hand hovered over a brand new soju bottle that she was planning to give to Sarang, before nodding in understanding and handing the latter an iced water instead. Sarang smiled gratefully and sat down with the trio, while Hyunjin and Ryujin sat on an empty seat across from them and began pouring each other drinks, sitting rather closely to one another. Sarang glanced longingly at the soju bottle Yeolhwa hadn't handed her. Maybe she would be needing that after all... 

 



Eunha sat in the corner of the karaoke room as she watched Yeolhwa and Hyeri shamelessly sing a lover's duet to one another loudly, dancing together. Yup, those two were wasted. She observed the room. Everyone here was wasted, except for Sarang who was switching between staring at her phone and the door. It seemed like she was waiting for someone. Hanbin, as always, sat by her side, sipping on what, his third can of beer? His cheeks were tinged pink from the alcohol. 

At that moment, a trio of girls walked in. It was Yijeong and Jinah. Hyejoo last minute couldn't make it.  Hanbin burst into a smile, but looked at Eunha first. "Go," she said, giving him a nod. He hesitated for a bit, before nodding at Eunha's assuring expression and handing her his beer. "It's your night off, enjoy it." Hanbin burst out of his seat to greet his best friend. Well, best friend besides Eunha. Eunha smiled as she watched Hanbin hand Jinah a shot and sit down in a corner. She truly didn't mind being alone, and had felt bad the entire time for having Hanbin sit by her side instead of having fun with his friends. She had made friends anyway. Everyone here was quite friendly, and would stop by to sit with her and drunkenly babble compliments to her, which she would blush and smile softly at.

She looked down at the drink Hanbin had left with her. Well, it was her night off... and took a sip. And then a few more. 

Yijeong took in the scene of the room and smiled to herself as Jinah went to drink with Hanbin. Jinah had been so wrapped up in her studies lately that she wasn't able to go out as much. Spotting her friend Yeolhwa across the room, she smiled and started to head towards her before being intercepted by two arms pulling her into a tight hug from behind. 

"YIJEONGGIE!!" a drunk Minjun grinned at her as she turned to see who it was, his face dangerously close to hers. Her eyes widened in surprise as she felt herself beginning to blush madly. 

"Awww, isn't it our famous campus couple?" Howon and Jackson made kissy noises at them from their seats, raising their glasses. "Cheers to the happy couple!" Minjun chuckled and released Yijeong, ruffling her hair. "We're just good friends. Right Yijeong?" He held out his fist for her to bump. Her smile faded slightly as she bumped his fist with hers, his housemates booing at the sight. 

Hyeri, who had watched this entire scene, couldn't help but scoff at Minjun. It wasn't hard to tell Yijeong liked him, a lot. There was no way he didn't know that. What was he doing, toying with her feelings like that? She jumped off the table that she had been dancing on and marched towards them, linking her arms with Yijeong and glaring at Minjun, taking the girl to her corner and holding out a shot. Yijeong nodded gratefully and took the shot, pouring even more alcohol into it before downing it all in one go. 

"That, my guy, was something else," Howon snickered at Minjun as the two fell back onto empty seats. Minjun shrugged insensitively, swaying a bit yet still pouring another shot. "I do what I want." Howon could only shake his head and chuckle. "Speaking of things we want, Park Hyeri has been giving you the eye all night." Howon knew that of course, everytime he tried to steal a glance, she was already confidently staring at him. "She's got you wrapped around her little finger, doesn't she?" Minjun smirked. The statement flustered Howon for a bit. Was that true...? He crossed his arms defiantly. "No one does." Flashing yet another glance towards Hyeri, whose arm was around Yijeong protectively, he sauntered over to where Yang Eunha was sitting alone, flashing her a lopsided grin and taking a seat next to her. 

"Hey. I'm Howon. Have we met?" He slung an arm around the back of Eunha's seat comfortably. Eunha, who was quite buzzed, didn't seem to mind. Hyeri's eyes narrowed at the sight, and fire flared in her eyes as Howon glanced across the room at her, meeting her eyes with a smirk. Oh, Yoo Howon. Two could play at that game. It wasn't like they were dating anyways, yet. She leaned back comfortably in her seat and shrugged carelessly, turning towards Yijeong and handing her the songbook. "Let's sing something together." Had she not turned away, she would have seen Howon's confident demeanor falter at the unexpected reaction. 

Hanbin on the other hand, had seen Howon make himself comfy with Eunha and was seeing red. He got up with a start and was about to head over towards the pair when the the door to the room opened. 



  



'SEOKWOOOOOO!!" Jongin burst out of his seat where he was engaged in deep drunk talk with Hana and tackled him. "Bro, have I been waiting for you!" Jongin exclaimed with a knowing nod towards Hana. Hana had been watching them in, eyes wide. That was Seokwoo? He was extremely cute. But he's not Chan... she blinked. Okay, she was definitely drunk. No drunk crying over Chan, she chided herself. 

There were two people who hadn't heard the commotion that was Jongin and Seokwoo. Youngho had reluctantly gone with Seokwoo. He was dressed in an expensive white button up and black slacks, as he had come from work. How Seokwoo had successfully dragged him here, he didn't know. The loud music blasted in his ears as he took in the drunk college kids. They were all the same age, yet Youngho couldn't feel more out of place. The pounding beat of the music slowly came to a fade as his ears began to ring. Was that...? It was. His eyes landed on Eunha. who was staring back at him. She had a guy next to her, his arm slung over the back of her seat. He saw Hanbin, on another side of the room, gaping at Youngho. Youngho's eyes flew back to Eunha. Did she have a boyfriend? 

Eunha immediately stood up, swaying a bit. She wasn't going to do this now. Why was Youngho appearing so much all of a sudden? She stumbled towards the door of the karaoke room to leave. The guy that Eunha was with didn't make any attempt to go after her or show any concern, turning his attention to two girls who were now singing. Douchebag. 

She pushed past Youngho to leave, but Youngho grabbed her wrist, not letting her go. "Eunha," he said gently. The small girl looked up at him, her cheeks red and her bottom lip quivering. "How could you..." she mumbled, her hands balling into fists. The girl looked like she was about to cry, her eyes averted and refusing to meet his gaze. Everyone else in the room, including the loud music, faded as Youngho stared at Eunha. The world seemed to stop. She still had that effect on him. He gently wrapped an arm around her and led her out of the room. 

Hanbin began to follow them, but Jinah grabbed his arm. "Hanbin. Let them go." Hanbin glared at his best friend, "She's drunk, you don't know what she'll say to him-"  but Jinah pulled him back down. "Trust her. She's your family friend, you don't think she can control herself?" Hanbin protested but ultimately stayed in his seat. "I'll give them ten minutes, that's it."

Outside of the room, Eunha had broken from Youngho's grasp and was stumbling towards the exit. She needed fresh air. Now. Youngho followed her, arms outreached but not touching her in case she fell. He needed to talk to her. He had so many questions. He still wanted to try for her, so bad. But he was confused after their last encounter at the coffee shop. Who was that baby? Eunha had left the minute Hanbin had appeared with that baby. She had run away, again. 

Eunha had made it outside and plopped herself on a bench outside, her head buried in her hands. 

"Eunha, can we talk?" Eunha made an incoherent sound, one so quiet that Youngho barely heard it. "How have you been? Did your parents give birth again? Was that your sister? Or was it Hanbin's sister? I haven't seen you both in so long..." He really felt behind in Eunha's life. How did he not know about a new addition to her family? He knew Eunha's family had been living with Hanbin's family for all their lives, her parents and were close with Hanbin's. 

Eunha's heart was pounding. From the alcohol, or from Youngho being here. She really couldn't tell. But she found herself blurting out a no, looking up at him with pained eyes. Youngho blinked in confusion. "Then who-" 

Eunha buried her head in her hands again, trying to make the pounding stop. "shesyours." she mumbled, her voice barely a whisper. Youngho blinked. Had he heard that right? "Eunha-" The girl looked up at him directly now, her eyes watering. "She's yours." 

It was at that moment that Hanbin burst outside, panting after running around searching for the two. But as he took in Eunha's watery eyes and Youngho's shocked expression, he knew he was too late. 

Eunha took one look at Hanbin and burst into tears, curling into herself. Hanbin rushed over to her, putting a protective arm around her. "Hanbin... that baby... is mine?" Youngho could barely make out the words. His mind was racing. After all this time... he hadn't known...

Hanbin grimly nodded. "She is."

"How could you not tell me? How could-" Youngho stammered. Hanbin shot him a glare and cut him off. "YOU LEFT, Youngho. You left." 

Eunha's sobs slowly quieted down as the alcohol took over her, and she slowly began to drift off into sleep. Carefully positioning her onto his back, Hanbin got up from the bench and shot a look at Youngho. "I'm going to take her home."

"Hanbin, wait. I just-" 

"Why don't you just leave again, Youngho? Since you're go good at that." And with that, with Eunha on his back, Hanbin left a stunned Youngho on the bench. 



"This is Seokwoo," Jongin proudly slapped Seokwoo on the back as he pushed him towards Hana. Maybe a little too hard. Seokwoo stumbled forwards, tripping on an empty bottle and falling right on top of Hana. He would have smothered her had he not reached out an arm first to grasp onto the wall behind Hana. "Um. Hi." Hana only blinked back at him, and Seokwoo's eyes widened as he realized his face was only centimeters away from Hana's, backing away and sheepishly running a hand through his hair. 

From where she had just finished a song with Yijeong, Hyeri raised her eyebrows and nodded approvingly in Seokwoo's direction. He's cuter than Chan, she mouthed. Hana made a face at Hyeri. Shut up, she mouthed back. Before Hyeri could mouth back a response, Howon had made his way over to her, stealing her attention. 

Hana blinked up at Seokwoo. Hyeri wasn't wrong about him being cute, but she couldn't bring herself to compare him to Chan. They both were- "You've both heard a lot about each other, I hear," Jongin interrupted her thoughts with the blatant statement. They sure had, from Jongin himself. He sat the both of them down, skipping away with glee. "Have fun, kids!"

Amidst the loud music and chattering, the silence between Hana and Seokwoo was deafening as they sat and stared at each other. Seokwoo cleared his throat. "Um. I'm sorry. I'm not good at meeting new people..."

"Me too!" Hana blurted. They both blushed and looked away from one another. "Would... would you like to take a shot with me?" Hana gave him a small smile and nodded. 

"DO A COUPLES SHOT! COUPLES SHOT!" Jongin had appeared out of nowhere again, forcefully intertwining his two friends' arms with one another and placing shots in each. Seokwoo and Hana both glared at Jongin. I'll get you for this later, their eyes both seemed to say as they shot lasers with their gazes. But they complied. After a very awkward couples shot, and a few more due to Jongin's annoying pestering, they were fairly buzzed. 

Seokwoo took his phone out of his pocket and showed her the screen. "I've had your number from Jongin for a while, but I'm going to admit I was a little scared to text you first." Hana laughed a little, giving him a more genuine smile and holding out her phone that had his number in it as well. "Me too, actually. I'm horrible at starting conversations." The two shared a laugh as they begagn to bond over their awkwardness, the awkward tension between them slowly melting away. Alcohol did give courage, after all. 

While the two were chatting it up, Jongin leaned against the door of the room watching them with a satisfying smirk. Good work, Jongin, he thought to himself. And then the door opened and he tripped. What the?

A guy dressed very casually but who was wearing wearing very expensive sunglasses walked in. Sunglasses inside? At this point in the night, everyone was too wasted or didn't care enough to pay him any attention. He approached Hana, lowering his sunglasses. "The real party's here now" Minggyu grinned cheekily. Hana jumped up from her seat and gave him a bare hug. "You made it!!"  Minggyu scanned the room. "I guess I'm a little late, huh? Better for me though, less risk of getting caught."  Hana couldn't stop smiling. "You wearing sunglasses only makes you look more suspicious." Her old friend had actually made it, between his busy schedule being a member of kpop group Seventeen, she hadn't gotten to seen him since she had left the company. "We didn't have a schedule for tomorrow," Minggyu grinned. Hana gave a little excited bounce, abruptly stopping. "Wait. We?" Minggyu's smile turned sheepish. "Uh... he wanted to come..."

Hana hadn't noticed, but another guy in casual clothing had walked in a few minutes after Minggyu. Chan? She hadn't seen her ex-boyfriend since their breakup, and hadn't heard from him other than that one text exchange with Minggyu a few days back. She froze as Chan approached her, sizing up Seokwoo with a steely glance before stopping in front of her and giving her that smile that always had made her heart melt. "Hey Hana. I've missed you."

Jongin was shocked. No way, the Seventeen just hit him with a door? No ing way. Wait.. he made the connection, remembering Hana's story. That was her ex. As much as he admired Seventeen, he was Team Seokwoo. Wait, Seokwoo! He hurriedly rushed over to the group, who were all frozen in place. "Hey Seokwoo. I need to tell you something..." He had to get Seokwoo out of there fast, he didn't want Seokwoo getting scared off. He grabbed Seokwoo's arm and pulled him away, to anywhere but there. He bowed at Minggyu and Chan frantically as he dragged Seokwoo away. "I'm Jongin, big fan! Big fan!" And then Minggyu and Chan were left with Hana. Chan and Hana hadn't looked away from one another, and Minggyu cleared his throat. "Erm. So how about that weather?" Chan and Hana both shot him a look and he shrank away. "Oh? I think someone's calling me!" He pulled his phone out of his pocket and dashed away. 

"Who was that guy?" Chan blurted out at the same time as Hana asked "Why are you here?" Both their cheeks flushed as they looked away from one another. Chan broke the silence first. "I wasn't lying. I missed you. So who was that guy?" Lee Chan, jealous and possessive as always. Even though they hadn't talked for months. "My friend's friend. We just met." Hana stated, looking in the eyes. That was the truth, mostly. "So what, Chan? It's not like you and I talk anyways."

Chan took her hand in his, intertwining their fingers and she let him. "Hana... I've missed you. I think breaking up was a mistake. We could make it work, we could-" His grip on her hand got tighter with every word. She squeezed his hand back, fighting to make out the words she knew were best for her. Think with your head, not your heart. "Chan. We've made up and broken up more than I can count because of this. We always think it's going to work out, but then we fight and make up, fight and make up. I don't want to fight with you again. I don't-" she choked. "I don't want to end up thinking about you badly..." 

"It'll be different this time," Chan insisted. "I've gotten the hang of being in Seventeen. My free time, it can all be for you. I can ask for less activities..."  Hana shook her head adamantly. "Being an idol is your dream, Chan. You worked hard for this, and I don't want you sacrificing any of that for me." 

"Hana, being an idol was your dream too. Back when it was both our dreams, we worked."

"But it's not anymore. We're walking two different paths of life. Seventeen is yours now, and I don't think it'll work between us, with your schedules and fans. You can't be getting into trouble  because of me, sneaking around." she let go of Chan's hand and gave him a small smile. "Goodbye, Lee Chan." Chan watched her walk out of the room. Being in Seventeen was his dream, but she was also once his dream as well. She still was. Being an idol truly was a double edged sword, good and bad.

At that moment, a drunk Jackson had crawled over to him. "Yo. My housemate's sister's a huge fan of yours, but he's a bit busy right now." He nodded towards Howon and Hyeri's direction. "I'm just being a good friend here, could I get your autograph? You're in Seventeen, right?" Chan nodded slowly with a sigh before plastering a fake smile onto his face. "Yes, I am."


 


Hyeri crossed her arms defiantly as Howon stood in front of her, an arm wrapped loosely around her waist. "What's with you?" He asked her. 

She gave him an innocent smile as she uncrossed her arms, spreading out her hands in feign confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I mean- you've been acting weird all night. Don't think I didn't see you watching me for the past few hours," he said with a smirk, running his hand through his hair. 

Watching you with Eunha, Hyeri grumbled to herself in her mind. But she knew Howon's game, what he was like. She still didn't care. 

Hyeri mirrored him, running a hand through her long hair as she gazed up at him. "And you think I haven't noticed you looking at me?" 

"Can I not stare at someone that's hot?" 

"If you can, why can't I?" Hyeri reached a hand out, cupping Howon's face and squeezing his cheeks with a wink. Howon felt his ears begin to turn red, a rare occurance that he tried to stop by shaking himself out of Hyeri's grasp. This wasn't how the conversation was supposed to go. This girl truly was unpredictable. 

"I- you're impossible!" he sputtered.  

"Aw, my baby's so cute when he's flustered," she cooed endearling. Howon couldn't hide his shocked expression before his face hardened.

"I'm. Not. Yours." he managed to make out. Hyeri took a step closer to him, closing the space inbetween them. Howon instantly took one step back. Hyeri only took another step, until Howon was pressed against the back of a wall. 

She leaned in dangerously close, wrapping her two arms around his neck. As an instinct, he wrapped his arms around her waist. He couldn't think straight right now. She leaned in closer, never breaking eye contact. 

Oh god, she was so pretty... even prettier up close. His eyes automatically shut, waiting for her to kiss him. But it never came. Instead she swerved to whisper in his ear. 

"Not yet." 

Hyeri caught sight of Hana leaving the room then, and winked at him and left to follow her best friend. 

Howon gaped after her. Alright, he decided. He was not used to not having the upper hand. This had to end now. Goodbye, Lee Hyeri.





Within the span of an hour, Kyuwon had effectively dragged Jisun to the karaoke party, made him sit with Yeolhwa, and then ditched him. And Jisun couldn't leave, either. Kyuwon made him promise to wait until he came back. 

Jisun crossed his arms and took in the sight of everyone drinking, dancing, making noise. So much noise. God, why was he here? He was glowering in his seat as Yeolhwa sat down right next to him. 

"Why, aren't you the life of the party?" she said sarcastically, downing yet another shot. Somehow, although she was pounding shots all night, Yeolhwa wasn't as drunk as the others. 

"I see you're experienced with drinking, rich girl. Party much?" Yeolhwa scowled. "Don't call me rich girl again or you'll regret it." Seriously, what did Kyuwon see in this girl? That attitude had to go. He seriously was going to tell Kyuwon to give up on Yeolhwa after this. His best friend deserved a nice, not spoiled girl. 

"What, can I not say the truth?" Jisun challenged. That was it. It may have been the alcohol, or she really wanted Jisun to shut up. Maybe a mix of both. 

"Listen, I work for my own money, okay? I don't take a single penny from my parents," she snapped. 

Jisun crossed his arms, eyeing her expensive outfit up and down. "There's no way-" Yeolhwa stood up, done with him and waving a hand his direction. "See you at the shelter tomorrow."

She left Jisun alone as he stared after her. Was what she was saying true? Not that he cared, of course. He would ask Kyuwon later. Just to satisfy his own curiosity. 

It did surprise him, though. When she spent all of those hours with the dogs working hard. But there had to be another motive. Although she didn't take any photos for social media... there was no way she would be coming back tomorrow. Absolutely no way. 

His thoughts were interrupted as a different girl sat down next to him, her hand hovering over a drink before she seemed to decide against it and withdrawing it. She sighed and stared at the door. 

"You're done drinking?" he asked her. Sarang shook her head. "I don't drink. I never started." She glanced down at her phone and back at the door again.

"Waiting for someone?" Jisun asked. Sarang nodded. "Yeah, you?" She'd noticed that Jisun had also been unknowingly stealing glances at the door as well. "Yeah," he replied. "Waiting for my best friend to get me the hell out of here." 

Sarang stifled a laugh. He was funny. The door opened, and they both sat up in anticipation. Seungmin walked in just then, immediately spotting Sarang with a wave. "Ah, he's here!"

Jisun nodded and headed towards the door. "It was nice meeting you, I'm going to take a walk." Sarang waved goodbye for realizing she hadn't gotten his name. At least Seungmin had showed up. The time that she had spent waiting for him had been excruciating. Yeolhwa, Hyeri, and Hana were all drinking and seemed to have their own things going on. Sarang hadn't wanted to be a killjoy and let them have their own fun. Hyunjin and Ryujin on the other hand... they were just full on cuddling in the corner, drunk and whispering to one another. 

Sarang had avoided looking at that corner the entire time. But every now and then she couldn't help but take a glimpse, hurting herself each time. Thank god Seungmin had finally come. 

She burst out of her seat and dragged Seungmin towards the door. She had to get out of here too. 

"Whoa hey! What about the party? I just got here-"

"I need fresh air," Sarang stated, dragging him outside. 

"Party pooper," Seungmin remarked with a lopsided grin. 

"Shut up before I kick you," Sarang placed a soju bottle in Seungmin's hands and walked out, and he could only shrug before following after her. 

The two sat side by side on the bench where Youngho and Eunha had previously sat. Seungmin turned to tease Sarang again, but noticed her expression was off.

"Hey... what's wrong?" Sarang turned to him with a sigh before staring off into the sky. 

"Have you ever regretted liking a person?" she asked him, her eyes not leaving the stars. 

"Hm.. no. Why?" 

Sarang didn't speak as she seemed lost in her thoughts. She didn't know why she felt like opening up to Seungmin, but she did. It was difficult for her to open up about her private feelings, but somehow it seemed right with her new friend. Plus, she wasn't going to say names. Seungmin spoke up again. "I mean. If you want to tell me why. Don't feel pressured to." 

"I do have trouble telling people about my personal issues," Sarang admitted. "But I want to tell you. I have a close friend... I just won't say his name. I've known him since high school. Lately... I don't know. I've started seeing him differently, I've been noticing him more and I... I think I really like him. But I'd rather not."

Seungmin thought to himself before responding. "Why can't you just like him?"

"I wouldn't be having such a hard time being around him if I didn't have these stupid feelings. And he and my other friend like each other."

"Are you sure about that?"

Sarang nodded grimly. "It's okay. I don't need love life advice of anything. I just wanted to tell someone-"

"Sarang, you know you're really cool, right? You deserve the best." he reached out and ruffled her hair with a small smile. 

"Thanks, Seungmin. I'll be fine eventually." And with that she leaned her head on her friend's shoulder, and he wrapped a friendly comforting arm around her as the two stared into the night sky together in comfortable silence. 



Minjun stared lazily at Jacob and Howon, who were belting out the lyrics to some girl group. He was slumped in a seat and was beginning to sober now. And boy, was he tired after a long night of drinking and going hard with his buddies. Jackson sat next to him, cheering and pumping a fist in the air. Seriously, this guy never seemed to run out of energy. 

"Do you need any water?" Yijeong stood above him holding out a glass of water. Minjun smirked as he took the cup from her. He really had her wrapped around his finger. She probably had been waiting to approach him all night, and had just found the opportunity to do so now that the party was dying down and people had left. 

He took a slow sip as his eyes never left her face. But her gaze had moved towards Jackson, who had slowly died down and was starting to fall asleep. Hey. Look at me. Minjun automatically thought, before shaking his head, as to wave the strange thought away. 

Yijeong reached out and gently touched Jackson's arm, shaking him a bit. She took the cup from Minjun and placed it in Jackson's hand. "Hey, Jackson. Drink some of this please," she said gently, her hand over Jackson's as she helped him guide the cup towards his mouth. 

Minjun's nostrils flared. "Yijeong." he said, reaching out and grabbing her hand. Was she just nice to everyone? He thought she liked him. Yijeong stared down at their hands as a blush began to form across her cheeks, but to his surprise she didn't freeze and shook her hand away. "I'm going to check if everyone else is okay. Let me know if you need anything, Minjun." She walked towards Howon and Jacob's direction and Minjun couldn't help but stare after her. Was she just this nice to everyone? 

Next to him, Jackson mumbled to himself as he raised the cup to his mouth again. "Pretty girl gave me water..."

Minjun couldn't hide his scowl this time as he forced himself to tear his gaze away from Yijeong, Howon, and Jacob. Jacob was dramatically leaning on her for support while Yijeong and Howon were laughing about something. 

He snatched the cup of water from Jackson, clutching it tightly. "That's mine."

 


Everyone returned home from that rather eventful night exhausted. 

Youngho wasn't able to sleep, tossing and turning. His baby? He stayed awake the entire night, restless. Eunha had promptly knocked out, a raging hangover waiting for her in the morning. Hanbin sat next to her bed, staring out the window with a sigh. Tomorrow was going to be a show when she woke up. 

Hana stared at her phone, which had a text from Chan that read "I'm not going to give up on us," and a text from Seokwoo, "I had fun meeting you tonight. I'd love to get to know you more." Hana looked back and forth the two messages, contemplating. After a long ten minutes of going back and forth, she clicked on one message and typed out a text. "I'd love to get to know you more too <3"  she texted Seokwoo. Closing out Chan's text, she closed her eyes and went to sleep. Seokwoo smiled at Hana's response and drifted off, while Chan ranted to Minggyu about Hana not responding. 

Yeolhwa couldn't help but be bothered by what Jisun said to her. The usually nonchalant and careless girl rarely got bothered. She would show him tomorrow. That annoying prick. 

Yijeong hadn't noticed Minjun's strange shift in emotion, but felt something was up. But her unrequited love had to stop. She knew that. Minjun, on the other hand, had glowered at his housemates the entire way home, but the other three were too drunk to notice.

Howon was determined to not think about Hyeri, keeping an eye out as to not bump into her on the way home. He was the one that was always in control. Hyeri had fallen asleep peacefully that night after checking in on Hana.

Seungmin had walked Sarang home, who had thanked him for that night. "Gotta do a service and help out short people, your kind have been unlucky enough with your height," he quipped as she stuck her tongue out at him before going inside. 

And so, their eventful night had ended. 

 

 

author's note.  oh my. a lot of characters and a longish chapter i truly hope it wasn't confusing... but man i couldn't stop writing...  yay for a double update. i know my chapters are usually sectioned off by character situation but it was a bit harder to organize the chapter like i usually do since everyone was all together and it's all shuffled... so guess y'all have to read the whole thing hehe. hope you liked it and hope y'all still here reading this!