Stubborn

Cold but warm?

It was a cold & rainy night. Thunder roared from above. The air felt thick & everything is dark. Except the lights illuminating the street. No being can be seen from a once busy street. Not a ruckus can be heard except the drip drop sound of the rain on the pavements.

This isn't the usual night in this busy city. It must have been the news of a monster lurking in the streets lately. It its victim's blood dry from their body & disappears when dawn breaks. 

I never believed in those stuff. Their just classic human paranoia. Their just make believes that human's created to feed their eccentric imaginations.

If you ask me. It's probably just a psycopathic serial killer on the loose. And the news? Probably just the media's way of getting more attention. Even if it means overexaggerating the situation. I rolled my eyes at the thought.

I fixed my coat & walked casually when I started hearing footsteps from behind. That's weird. I could have sworn that I didn't see anyone earlier. Well, I guess I'm not the only one who is not shaken by the "monster" on the news. I mentally laughed.

I continued walking but everytime I pause to check my phone, the footsteps from behind halts as well. This gave me an uncomfortable feeling.

Beads of sweat dripped from my forehead and a lot of scary things enter my thoughts.

What if the person behind me is planning to rob me? Or kill me? Or worst.. what if this is the monster on the news? Am I going to be proven wrong tonight?

I tried to erase those terrible images and walked normally as I could. But the feeling of being followed is engulfing me.

"That's it! I can't take it anymore" I mentally stated. I reached for my bag and pulled out my pepper spray. I took a deep breath as I braced myself and counted nervously "1...2...3". 

I turned around and all I saw was an empty street. I sighed in relief.

"Maybe I'm just being paranoid" I exclaimed.

"Are you?" A voice retorted and I froze from where I stand. I turned around in one swift & I felt like my soul left my body.

I saw the creature in front of me. My eyes doubled its size as my mouth hung open. He was a guy. Not just any guy but a handsome one.

At first I thought that he was human. Then I realized that he wasn't. He had blazing red eyes & a pair of sharp fangs. 

I gulped and he smiled at me. An evil one. He came closer & by reflex I stepped back until my back hit a solid wall. I stared at him with awe & fear.

He's so beautiful yet so dangerous. I mentally noted. He smirked & grabbed my chin to close it.

"close your mouth sweetheart you'll catch flies" he smirked & I blushed. I'm gonna die but still I'm blushing like a complete school girl in front of my killer.

"I see your a stubborn one" he paused and traced his finger from my chin to my cheek & finally tucked a few strands of my hair behind my ear.

His hand is cold but the sensation of his touch gives me warmth. What is this feeling? 

"I see you didn't believe the news that a creature like myself exists" he trailed off. I didn't answer cause his touch is giving me an unfamiliar sensation.

I know that he's capable of killing me but for some odd reason, my fear has vanished. My heart is beating erratically but its not of fear. What is this stranger doing to me? I thought.

When he heard no reply, he leaned in closer making our noses touch. I got startled & met his intense gaze. I looked directly at his beautiful red orbs & I was mesmerized. His gaze was so intense that I couldn't read what he was thinking.

Looking in his eyes, I felt like time froze. I could feel his cold breath giving me shivers all over my spine. He inhaled my scent while closing his eyes. Suddenly he broke the silence.

"Mate" he muttered

"wha-- what?" I manage to reply with confusion.

"YOU..MY MATE..MINE" he stated dominantly like he owned me. I got surprised but at the same time happy maybe because he told me that I was his? Ohmyghaaaa! This isn't what I'm supposed to feel. This guy is clearly dangerous but why is my heart saying otherwise?

"excuse me stranger bu--" he cut me off.

"Seungcheol.. Choi Seungcheol that's my name & now your mine Jeonghan" I stared at him with wide eyes.

"How did you know my name?" I asked frantically. He chuckled.

"I can read minds & besides your my mate.. We're destined.. I've been looking for you for centuries. So now that I found you, I will never let you go.. I lived just to find you & be with you for all eternity" he smiled & for the nth time I blushed furiously. His confession caught me off guard so I just stood there frozen. 

"Now that I found you~" he trailed off as he grab my waste making our bodies collide & our faces inches apart sending waves of electricity in my entire body.

"I can finally do this" he crashed his lips with mine. I didn't have time to react so he slowed down letting me adjust. The kiss made feel drunk. I didn't notice that I was replying. The feeling was magical.

It felt like thousands & thousands of butterflies were fluttering inside my stomach. He held my waist tighter with both of his hands & I encircled mine on his neck. Our lips locked for a while & I could feel him smiling throughout the kiss. 

My brain is sending me red flags with the current situation that I'm at but my stubborn heart just won't listen. A few seconds more into the kiss and my mind just completely went black.

All I can feel is the warmth that is spreading throughout my body. And I liked it. His full lips is so addicting that I couldn't get enough. 

As our lips parted, we catched our breaths. Our foreheads touched and he caressed my cheeks. I smiled at him & he smiled back. Then he gave me a worried look.

"what's wrong?" I asked.

"I don't wanna hurt you but I have to do this to mark you as mine" he stated worriedly. I smiled totally understanding what he meant. 

"You have to bite me don't you?" I asked & he nodded guiltily. Kyaaa~ he's so adorable when he's like this. Wait what??? you just met this guy. What are you doing?? My brain scolded.

"I can read your mind you know" he chuckled & I gave him a cheeky smile. I tilted my head sideways so he can have better access to my neck.

"Go ahead.. I don't mind" I stated. He gulped.

"are you sure? I mean its painful" he said hesitantly.

"do you want me to be your mate or not?" I asked with conviction. He seemed to be taken aback.

"I ..uhh.. I do" he stuttered. Ha! Now where is the confident guy earlier? All I can see now is an adorable puppy.

"then do what has to be done.. Hey I'm the human here by the way..I'm supposed to be the one having the uncertainties here not you..but look I'm more than ready to be your mate.. I can't explain why but somehow it just feels right" I smiled & he nodded.

"Okay..this will hurt but I promise to be gentle" he stated & agreed with determination. After I gave him the GO signal his red eyes glowed. 

"Dang this boii is HoT >\\\<"  I mentally cursed at myself. I heard him scoff. He was about to say something but I cut him off.

"I know, I know.. you can read my mind.. so you probably have an idea of how embarrassed I am. So please get this over with" I told him as I covered my already flustered face.

I swear, I saw a triumphant smirk from him. The audacity of this man!

He leaned on my neck. Inhaled my scent & kissed it. Sending goosebumps all over my body. 

Then, I felt his sharp fangs penetrating my skin. The pain was excruciating. 

I felt my body being numb until my legs gave in. All I remember before I lost my consciousness was the words

"Now our forever starts"

***
I woke up in a familiar room. I got up and did my morning duties. I was curious though. 

"How did I get home last night? The last thing I remembered is me walking home... Alone... on an empty street... I gasped as realization hit me.

The cold night...

The stranger...

The vampire...

The kiss...

My mate...

Choi Seungcheol!!!

Was it all a dream? I rushed to the mirror to prove my theory wrong and I am glad that I was right. There at the right side of my neck shows a bite mark unlike any other.

A vampire's bite mark.

"So it wasn't a dream" I sighed. "wait will I ever see him again?" I pouted "well he said that I was his mate so I know that he'll come see me again" I smiled as I skipped my way to my kitchen only to see a red rose on the table with a note. I instantly grabbed the rose & read the piece of paper with it.

________________________

Jeonghannie,

You fainted because of the pain last night. I'm so sorry, I promised that I'd be gentle but you still fainted. I'll make it up to you tonight. Until then, don't let other guys near you. I don't want their scent all over you or else I'll their blood dry.

Saranghae hannie~<3

Your eternal love,
Seungcheol
_________________________

"Aigoo~ so sweet yet so possessive" I mentally noted.

Though I couldn't help but get worried about his last statement.

"I'll their blood dry" 

Somehow it gave me an uncomfortable feeling. Suddenly I remembered the news. As much as I don't want to think about. I couldn't shake off the thought that he might be the one responsible for the recent killings.

I slapped myself to get the negativities away. No! You shouldn't think that way with your mate. Besides, it's highly possible that the killings are done by other vampires. 

Oh well, I can just ask him tonight. I'll clarify everything with him. I smiled at the thought of seeing Seungcheol later.

"I better prepare then"

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End~

 

 

 

 

A/N: What do you think? Should I write a part 2? Tell me your thoughts hihi 
( ̄∀ ̄)