Myth

Unusual Omega
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: I updated after a loooong time. Honestly, I was gonna update sooner but I forgot what I was gonna write after the 3rd chap.... so I changed the whole plot now xD Somehow, I am extending this (I wasn't supposed to *facepalm*) Hope you like it!

 

 

"Hyung~" Yugyeom called out as he entered his- their shared room. Jaebum was reading the books Jungkook lent him on the study table. His hands went to the back of his neck, where he applied a band-aid to cover the mark.

 

"We will need to hide it for a while"

"Even from Yugyeom?" 

"Yes"

 

"Hey, Yug, how was your day?" Jaebum smiled and hoped it would be enough to fool Yugyeom because he was hardly keeping it together. The young alpha beamed at him before pulling him on the bed. Jaebum ended up on his lap, hands wrapped around the giant. 

"Hmm it was okay, but I missed you" Yugyeom whined, nuzzling into Jaebum's neck, the omega could hear his pout, he chuckled. Carding his hands through Yugyeom's hair, he played with his soft hair as Yugyeom continued to scent him. The alpha didn't notice the change in scent, which he was thankful for.

"Were you with Jungkook?" The alpha asked, but it was a laid-back tone. Ah, Jungkook's scent covered the unusual one.

"Yeah, he- ah- I wanted to know about history so-"

"Huh? You like history?" Jaebum smiled at the confused alpha, he nodded "Wow, I didn't know that. Is that what you were reading?"

"Yep. What did you do?"

"Well, had a meeting with my dad and other packs. Your mom came too, but they needed to leave for some work so she said she will come here to meet you soon. Then I sparred with Jiyong hyung, strategy classes, some instruments, literature class, and yeah... that's about it."

"Ooh, my alpha was busy huh?" Yugyeom flashed a huge grin at his words, hugging his tightly. "C-Can't breath, Gyeomie" Jaebum wheezed. Then Yugyeom stopped abruptly, concern in his scent increasing.

"What is this on your nape?"

"Oh uh, it was itching so the healer used some herb"

"Lemme check it, I can it clean"

"A-ah no, I just had this done, maybe when it's time to change the band-aid" Jaebum refused, smiling weakly. Yugyeom watched him in suspicion but he let it go because he thought Jaebum has yet to completely accept him. The sadness in the air made Jaebum extremely frustrated at himself, he knew what Yugyeom was thinking but if he proves him wrong there is no way Yugyeom won't wrestle him to show the mark. He sighed.

"Hey, hey, stop it" Jaebum patted his head "Aren't you gonna kiss me? Do you not want to-mmfh!"

 

 

After spending a few hours in bed, leisurely enjoying each other's company, Yugyeom fell asleep- letting Jaebum wrap his hands around the alpha. It was moments like these that made him think how young the alpha was. As he played with Yugyeom's hair, his thoughts went back to the conversation that happened in the afternoon.

"Kim's mark? That's bull, right? Those were supposed to be myths."

"... well it has been decades since a mark appeared. But I assure you it's not a myth. I deduced Kim Clan might receive a mark but- I didn't know it would be so soon. Yugyeom is exceptionally powerful, even without unleashing his full power, maybe he is more than what I thought." Jungkook continued to muse on his own, leaving Jaebum completely perplexed.

"Okay, okay, hold up and back up- what the- what are you even talking about?" 

"Uh" Jungkook looked around "This isn't... the best place to talk" Realization dawned on Jaebum, if there is any truth to it, this information might be dangerous if anyone heard it. He nodded.

"Alright, let's get to the safe place- What?" Jaebum asked as Jungkook stared at him for a few seconds. 

"You- ah- you would be okay going alone with me?"

"Of course, why not?"

"Nothing really, most omegas are uncomfortable with an unfamiliar alpha, I didn't mean to... well-" Jaebum shrugged, he wasn't the usual omega anyway.

"Yug trusts you, then so do I" He assured the alpha, who was surprised at his statement. Then he gave him a small smile and beckoned him to follow. But instead of going to his office, Jungkook was leading them upstairs. Jaebum was puzzled but he wasn't afraid, he meant what he said. He quietly walked behind despite a lot of questions swirling around his head. It was when Jungkook took a left turn on the fifth floor that Jaebum realized they were heading to the old library, a library where no one really goes anymore, something about cursed knowledge and rumored horror stories. He wasn't interested.

"I hope you like history because we have a lot to catch you up with." Jungkook chuckled, bringing him to the end of the library as they stopped in the corner where a small table and few chairs were kept. Jungkook took a few books from the dusty shelf and laid it in front of him. 

"Well, don't tell my mom but I am a little into literature," Jaebum confessed, funny how easily he said it when he didn't even let any of his family know about it. He wanted to keep the 'delinquent', unbothered and careless act so he didn't study much. The people around gladly accepted that image and Jaebum liked to not be expected of doing anything. 

"Your secret is safe with me" Jungkook winked "Okay, let's start. What do you know about the mark?"

"Hmm..." he started recollecting all the material he studied regarding the werewolf history "The mark isn't based on families, it's actually based on- well that we do no know but whoever it deems worthy, their family emblem is imprinted on the chosen wolf. Or the chosen family. It's pretty ambiguous. Gives more power or something? like ruling nature? That's about it."

"That is true. The mark does not belong to any family. Long ago, there were many powerful wolves that rivaled the moon itself. Many deities were impressed and they chose their warrior. But the greed and lust for more consumed these strong wolves too. Very few wolves remained. They were called The Marked Ones. Each took off, spread around the world, wanted nothing to do with bloodshed and destruction. But they didn't what being marked meant." Jungkook stopped, he opened one ancient-looking book and slid it to him. There were ten emblems on the left page and the right page was written in a foreign language.

"What did it mean? Is this- their mark?"

"Yes, it is. This book is a thousand years old. Though the Marked Ones are older, we do not know the exact time they were on this earth but from what we could gather from the books all around, it was approximately ten thousand years ago. More, but who knows? We also don't know if they were ten left? but the legend says so we go along. This information is passed from the Marked Ones, not the original- the ones who their spirits choose. It's an unbroken cycle, irregular of a pattern but it happens. The necessity is because their purpose is what being a Marked One means. The King of Nature. Not just animals, everything, ocean, sea, jungles, creatures, the absolute King. The range of their power is unknown but at least the area they live in is strictly on their command. The powerful the mark, the wider range that the Marked wolf possesses. Of course, the Marked aren't always wolves. Other creatures are chosen too. Sometimes, wolves that are powerful enough o bear that mark aren't born for centuries that's why the spirit ventures in other creature's nest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter