night to day

tokyo nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time they snuck out of their dorms to meet each other in secret was about a month after he asked her to be his.

 

He remembers that moment so well, even when it has almost been two full years since the incident. But the memory of it seemed like it had happened just yesterday.

 

A starless sky, glittering skyscrapers, the Han River snaking away into the darkness and his fingers intertwined with hers.

 

Jisoo kissed him that night; soft, warm lips against his cool, winded cheeks that eventually made its way to his half parted lips. She looked at him like he discovered galaxies in his spare time.

 

She tells him they were lucky that time, but he knows better. “Tokyo has like, four more million people than Seoul. And we’re both popular in Japan, too.” She argued.

 

It’s hard to focus on whatever she was saying to him at the moment when she was staring him down with such intense, charismatic eyes and an expression so fierce, Taehyung thinks he’s going to have a seizure any minute now.  

 

They’re somewhere in the crevices of Shinjuku district, ironic how Jisoo wanted them to be lowkey but chose one of the busiest districts in Tokyo to hang out in. There were bars and clubs and theatres and galleries dotted all around the area, all just steps away from one another. 

 

Taehyung wanted to go to the art gallery that was open till midnight but Jisoo pulled him back and retreated to the tranquility of a coffee shop not far from the Tokyo Metropolitan Building, where he knows an observation deck is situated some fifty floors up.

 

“No,” she replies to his question of “can we go up to the observation deck and well, observe?”

 

Taehyung frowns, crosses his arms across his chest and glares at her. “You always say no to my suggestions. I’m here in Tokyo, might as well do what I want.”

 

“Excuse me?” her voice is steely, like the glare she counters him with.

 

He wants to pick on her, to annoy her more just because it’s fun to do so but he refrains himself. Tonight, he wanted to spend time with her as much as he could before they fly out to the States again. He didn’t want to be on her bad side at all and fight because those would all be a waste of precious time, so he relaxes in his chair and reaches over to grab her hand instead.

 

At the skin to skin contact, he sees her visibly relax. With her free hand, she sips onto her coffee mug and avoids his gaze. He understands how she must’ve been annoyed and baffled by his sudden trip here in the middle of the night, but he can’t really help it. He’s so whipped for her, he’d do anything at this point.

 

If Jisoo told Taehyung to swallow the sun whole, maybe he would do it.

 

His thumb caresses the back of her hand, comforting and soothing. He looks at her, or perhaps ‘look’ would be an understatement to the way his eyes bore into her own when she finally turns her head back to him.

 

In her eyes, he can see the timeline of their relationship. The past, the present and even the future.

 

Taehyung sees her, still a rookie and already famous and beautiful and loved by many. Then he comes along and makes a fool out of himself from time to time just so that he’d get closer to her.

 

Taehyung sees himself, calling her at two in the morning because he misses her while he’s in the States and she’s in Thailand vacationing with her members. He tells her he misses her kisses the most.

 

Taehyung sees her again, smile more prominent and eyes provocatively gazing up at him on the cover of Elle Korea. He shoved the magazine cover to s’ faces saying, “this is my girlfriend, can you believe it?!”

 

Taehyung sees himself again, not so old and not so young, retired and happy and contented with the love of his life in his arms as they lazily watch tv to pass the afternoon away. In his arms is Jisoo.

 

Jisoo has ocean eyes, not in the literal sense that they’re blue. But eyes that Taehyung gets lost into. In her eyes, he sees so many possibilities for the two of them.

 

“I’m going to work extra hard,” in his hands is the take-away donut Jis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter