into the known

tokyo nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

this moment i have of you. 

 

Standing in a sea of pink with tears glistening in her eyes and pride swelling inside her chest, Jisoo wrapped her arm around both Jennie and Lisa. Chaeyoung jogged over to them from the other side of the stage and stood shoulder to shoulder with the rest, together they bowed and the crowd erupted into cheers once more.

 

“Blinks! We’ll see you again!”

 

When the lights , the adrenaline she had felt since the beginning of the concert had finally subsided. The echo of their screams rang in her head. Jisoo gave her mic to a staff nearby and rushed to the dressing room, anxious to change out of her concert clothes while telling everyone she passed by what a great job they had done for tonight.

 

Despite being absolutely exhausted, she plopped down on a chair and had her makeup removed first and foremost. She smiled at her girls, at all the staff in the room, and continued to praise everyone for the spectacular show that they had all worked hard to put on.

 

“Fifty-five thousand people,” Lisa kept mumbling under her breath, an ecstatic grin on her face as she sits on the chair beside Jisoo’s. “I can’t believe we – I – wow, we’re amazing.” She says, more to her reflection in the mirror than to Jisoo.

 

The older girl chuckles softly before taking off her stage jewelry. She changes into some comfortable sweats and rummages inside the contents of her backpack. Her fingers eventually curl around the watch she had been looking for and she takes it out.

 

Strapping it on, Jisoo can feel her own features soften as it sits on her wrist. Instead of black leather, the Cartier watch was brown because it was Taehyung’s. He had taken it off when he and Jisoo washed Dalgom, her dog, together and forgot to put it back on. That was over a week ago and Jisoo has kept it since, wearing it around whenever she could.

 

Taehyung is also in Japan, she knows this very well. Its awards season and tonight was MAMA. From the thousands of posts on Twitter that Jisoo is scrolling through while lying and resting up on her hotel room bed, BTS had gotten all four daesangs. Again.

 

“Unbelievable,” she muttered, the corners of her lips tugging up in a smile. She had another reason to feel proud tonight, not just for her and her group but for Taehyung and his boys as well. What a night.

 

Jisoo has several texts from Nayeon, congratulating her for their concert and apologizing that she couldn’t attend. Jisoo has just sent her reply when her phone vibrates and her screen lights up with a picture of her grinning boyfriend.

 

“Jisoo,” Taehyung always starts their phone calls like this. Not hi or hello or even hey, but her name first. He had always been straight to the point since the beginning, and Jisoo’s smile just grows wider when he hears his voice, deep and rich and so close yet so far like he’s right there beside her only he’s isn't, not physically anyway. “We’re finished. The show ended almost an hour ago. We- “

 

“I know, congratulations.” Her own voice is soft and gentle, the smile still playing on her lips. “I saw the posts, tell the boys I said congrats, okay?”

 

A noise like a vehicle passing by can be heard from his end of the line. “Sure. I’m not with them at the moment though.”

 

Her eyebrows furrow in confusion. “What? Where are you?”

 

“At the train station, waiting for the train to take me to Tokyo.” Taehyung pauses and Jisoo is so sure she can hear the smirk in his next words that she wants to punch him in the face. “To take me to you.”

 

Taehyung has done a number of reckless things even before they started dating, but taking a public train from Nagoya to Tokyo just to spend a few hours with her? That was another level of idiocy that even Jisoo’s mind couldn't fully wrap around the idea. How he was able to manage to come up with that plan in the first place, she really didn’t know.

 

“We’ve talked about this,” suddenly, she’s sitting up in her bed, her fingers tightening its grip on the phone pressed closely to her ear with a frown on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter