Drunk

Drunk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer: This story is a product of my imagination and was inspired by Episode 360. Hope you enjoy this story!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hyung I need a drink tonight.

Jong Kook was fixing his things at the gym’s locker room when he received this text from Kwangsoo.

His brows knitted together as he read the text again. Surely something was going on with his dongsaeng. If he were in a great mood, he would’ve sent a message in their chat group. This was definitely something else so he decided to give him a call.

“Kwangsoo-ah..”

“Hyung, let’s drink tonight,” His tone sounded deflated.

“Is everything alright?”

“I don’t know if I want to talk about it but I could really use a drink,” he explained.

Jong Kook sighed, “Arasso. Text me the location and I’ll meet you there.”

____________________________________________________________________________

When Jong Kook arrived at the bar, the bartender informed him that Kwangsoo was already in their usual spot. This was one of the frequent bars that the Running Man cast members hang out at so it wasn’t bizarre for the management to favorably accommodate them in that specific private room.

Jong Kook entered the room and was surprised to find Kwangsoo holding a bottle of beer.

“Couldn’t wait for me?” Jong Kook joked.

“It’s just my first drink. I was thirsty. Order up, it’s on me,” Kwangsoo pointed towards the drink menu.

“I am starving, you’re paying for my dinner as well,” Jong Kook smiled and grabbed the food menu instead. Kwangsoo rolled his eyes as Jong Kook ordered several appetizers and main course sets.

“Aayy, aren’t you too much to eat all the food by yourself?”

“Yah, you’re lucky that I even considered drinking with you tonight. You know that I only drink once or twice a year,” he stated.

Kwangsoo sighed and gulped the remainder of his first bottle.

“So would you mind telling me what’s going on with you?” Jong Kook asked.

“Hyung, I think I like someone,” Kwangsoo slumped against the cushions of the couch.

Jong Kook’s raised his eyebrows, “What’s wrong with that?”

“I just met her a week ago” Kwangsoo sighed, “We’re starting to get to know each other but I don’t know if it’s even proper to feel these things early on.”

Jong Kook slightly nodded, trying to comprehend what Kwangsoo just confessed. “You know it’s perfectly normal to feel that way when you like someone. Don’t be so harsh on yourself. Just wait it out as you get to know her better. In that way, you’ll be able to check how you strongly feel towards her.”

“I don’t know, Hyung. Sure, I can wait it out but I don’t know if I’ll be brave enough to tell her how I feel. I mean, look at you. How long has it been?”

“What?” Jong Kook was taken aback by Kwangsoo’s statement.

“How long have you been hiding your feelings for Ji Hyo noona?”

“Look, you’ve got the wrong impression. She’s practically family.”

“You sure about that?”

“Why wouldn’t I be?”

“You seem to be awfully close recently. I’m not the only one who’s noticed.”

“Aish, stop that. People might get the wrong idea.”

“You’ve been overly protective of her,” Kwangsoo pointed out.

“What does that even mean? I’m just trying to be a good friend.”

“Really, then what about—” Before Kwangsoo could even continue, they were shocked when the door widely swung open and Ji Hyo was standing in front of them.

“Oh Noona! What brings you here?” Kwangsoo stood up and greeted her. He was immediately followed by Jong Kook as he did not want Kwangsoo to further suspect him after grilling him about Ji Hyo.

“I was supposed to have dinner with friends but the moment I got here, they cancelled last minute. The bartender told me that you guys are here,” she said.

Ji Hyo looked around and noticed the spread of appetizers, main course sets and a couple of drinks on the table.

“Yah! Are you drinking without me?!” Ji Hyo exclaimed.

“Er, it was unexpected,” Jong Kook explained.

“And you’re drinking tonight too?!” Ji Hyo pointed the bottle Jong Kook was holding.

“Geez, Noona. Just join us!!” Kwangsoo frantically invited her.

Jong Kook noticed that Kwangsoo was a bit flustered by Ji Hyo’s sudden appearance and was trying to cover up for the whole reason why they met tonight.

Ji Hyo raised her eyebrow and looked at Kwangsoo and Jong Kook suspiciously before taking a seat in between the two, “Alright then, drink up!!!” She cheered.

They all clicked their bottles together and followed Ji Hyo’s lead while Kwangsoo gave Jong Kook a pleading look not to mention anything about their conversation. Jong Kook smiled to assure him that his secret is safe with him.

“So would anyone care to tell me what is this all about...Kwangsoo-ah?” Ji Hyo grinned and locked her target on her dongsaeng.

“We just wanted to drink,” Kwangsoo answered.

“You just wanted a drink? And you were able to get the tiger out of the gym just to drink?” Ji Hyo mocked him.

“Yah, Song Ji Hyo, let it go. I just wanted to have a drink. Cheers!” Jong Kook smiled and raised his glass to drift Ji Hyo’s attention from further suspicion.

Ji Hyo sighed, shook her head and drank her beer.

“So Noona, who stood you up?” Kwangsoo asked.

“Just some old friends. They didn’t mean to. Some things came up like one friend had to take care of her kid who suddenly got sick while another friend had to meet up with her in-laws as they came to Seoul for a surprise visit,” she responded.

“Aigoo. Welcome to the club!” Jong Kook chuckled.

“I know right? I’m getting older. It seems to happen a lot to me recently. I rarely have friends to hang out with so I just stay at home and sleep,” Ji Hyo complained.

“Or if they do hang out with you, they’re not even drunk yet but their spouses are already ringing their phones, demanding them to stop drinking,” Jong Kook added.

“Or the kids begging them to come home,” Ji Hyo said.

“Aren’t you both pathetic?” Kwangsoo laughed in amusement as he observed how compatible his hyung and noona were. If they could only realize it sooner.

“Yah! Wait for it till it’s your turn,” Ji Hyo muttered.

“I don’t want to end up like you two,” Kwangsoo opposed.

In an instant, Jong Kook smacked his head while Ji Hyo kicked his shin. Kwangsoo gaped at their simultaneous reactions, “Seriously, you two need to calm down.”

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo laughed and clicked their bottles together.

_________________________________________________________________________________

After several drinks, Ji Hyo’s words have started to slur and be filled with giggles. Her voice has also increased in volume and has upscaled to a higher pitch. Jong Kook had already positioned himself close to her, preparing himself to accompany her to her van in her obviously drunken state.

“Hyung, we should get her home ,” Kwangsoo stated.

Jong Kook nodded and turned his attention to Ji Hyo, “Ji Hyo-ah, is your manager with you?”

Ji Hyo giggled, “Yes but you can’t let him drink cause he’s driving for me.”

“Arasso. Are you ready to go?” Jong Kook asked.

“Me? Why would I? We’re still having fun!” She stood up and pulled Jong Kook out of his seat and shook his arms as she danced oddly.

Jong Kook grinned and chuckled, “You’re drunk. Let’s go home.”

“Why?? Let’s shake some moves first,” she threw her hands in the air and started swinging her head from left and right as her hips awkwardly followed her head’s movements.

Kwangsoo, on the other hand, got his phone and started recording the whole scene in front of him. He even cheered Ji Hyo on, “YES NOONA! Shake your hips more!!”

Jong Kook smirked and sat down and started clapping his hands to support Ji Hyo’s funny dance.

Eventually Ji Hyo crashed down the couch to catch her breath, “Daebak, I’m exhausted.”

The boys laughed at her as she kept on fanning her face with her hands and her hair. Jong Kook offered her a glass of water but she refused. Instead, she satisfyingly smiled and closed her eyes to rest.

Kwangsoo whispered to Jong Kook’s ear, “Hyung, now’s a good chance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter