Gym (nohyuck)

Love,Donghyuck

Author's note: This is just what I imagine a gym is like cuz I've never been to one.

Category:fluff

 

Donghyuck fiddled with the straps of his backpack. He was nervous,it was his first day at work after all.Just a few days ago,he got a call from Superhuman Gym,the place he did a job interview at,that he passed and he needed to start work on Monday.

 

So,there he was standing at the front desk, nervous and excited. An employee was cleaning the counter,a serious look on his face as he cleared up the place to make it look presentable. He doesn't seemed to notice Donghyuck yet. "Umm..."

 

The man looked up,finally noticing Donghyuck's presence.A wide friendly smile took over his face, "Oh,sorry I didn't see you there.Can I help you? Are you here to be a member?"

 

"Actually, I'm a new employee here.I was supposed to start working today",Donghyuck smiled politely.

 

"Oh, you're the new guy! Nice to meet you,my name is Moon Taeil. I'm the manager here",his warm smile had somehow managed to reduce his nervousness.Donghyuck decided he kinda likes this guy. "Hello,my name's Lee Donghyuck",he bowed politely.

 

"New guy?", someone said behind the boy.He turned around and was met with probably the tallest guy he ever saw.

 

"Johnny, this is Lee Donghyuck, the new gym receptionist",Taeil looked from Johnny to Donghyuck, "and Donghyuck, this is Johnny Seo. He's one of our trainers"

 

Now that Donghyuck was looking at Johnny properly,he did realised the man was supporting some muscles. His bisceps could already told Donghyuck that much. He quickly bowed to show respect, "Hello". An endearing smile graced Johnny's face, "Aww, you're adorable.How old are you?"

 

"I'm 20"

 

His smile got wider, "Same age as Jeno.You should meet him.He's a nice guy"

 

Taeil gave him a judging look, "I didn't realise matchmaking is part of your job description". Johnny shrugged, "Just saying since they're the same age they might hit it off. Speaking of,is Jeno here yet?"

 

"No,you can do whatever you want until then.And Donghyuck," he handed Donghyuck an employee uniform, "change into this before you start your work. The locker rooms are over there",he pointed at a door beside the toilet door.

 

Once Donghyuck had changed into his uniform, which was just a lime coloured shirt with the gym's logo printed on it, he was given his work managing the front desk.Which, to be honest,was a pretty easy job according to Donghyuck. The trainers were all nice to him, the people who frequented there didn't gave him a hard time, overall it's a breeze for him.

 

Suddenly,a boy maybe not older than him came barging into the front door. Donghyuck flinched in surprise, who? The boy's eyes scanned the whole gym like he's looking for someone.

 

"Can I help you?", the tanned boy asked him,not forgetting to smile to seem more friendly.

 

"Is Johnny-",he turned to Donghyuck and suddenly froze, the words he was about to say died down in his throat when he saw the new receptionist.Upon closer look,Donghyuck could say the boy is really cute.His wide eyes staring back at Donghyuck for a bit too long reminded him of a scared and fragile kitten.If it weren't for the bulky arms his sleeveless shirt was showing, he would look exactly like one.

The cute boy was still staring at him,not moving an inch. And wait,is he blushing? Cute.

 

"Jeno!", Johnny approached them.This seemed to break their trance as the said boy whipped his head towards the man.Upon noticing the annoyed look on Johnny's face,Jeno clutched on his arm, "Hyung, I'm really really sorry.I overslept because I forgot to set my alarm and-",he was about to give an explanation when Johnny just sighed, the annoyed look gone replaced with a tired one , "Nevermind, you're already here".Though Jeno was still saying sorry so many times,Johnny dismissed him with a soft smile and they went to start on their workout routine after that.

 

Curious, Donghyuck checked Johnny's schedule on the computer on his desk. The screen read 'Lee Jeno' on the schedule starting at 10 a.m. He glanced at the clock, 10:40. Yikes, 40 minutes late. No wonder Johnny didn't look happy.

 

An hour passed,Donghyuck was minding his own business when he felt someone watching him.He turned to the source to find Jeno staring at him from the chest press machine.When Jeno realised he was busted,he quickly turned away, pretending he wasn't staring at Donghyuck in the first place. Donghyuck giggled at his shy demeanor. 

 

If Donghyuck felt like he was being stared at the next few hours,he didn't voice it.

 

The next day,Jeno arrived early.An hour early to be exact, "Hi, I'm Jeno",he said to Donghyuck as he was  hanging out at the front desk.Donghyuck smiled brightly, "I'm Donghyuck,nice to meet you"

 

"You too",he answered meekly. "So... I heard you're new here. How's work?"

 

Donghyuck pouts,his way to show that he's thinking,"It's okay so far. Everyone's really nice to me...",he was about to continue until he noticed the other staring at his lips. "Jeno?"

 

The said boy suddenly realised what he's doing, "huh? What?"

 

Suddenly,a few people entered the front door.

 

"Welcome to Superhuman Gym! How may I help you?", Donghyuck said to them cheerfully.Jeno heaved a sigh of relief.

 

"Thank you! See you again!",he said with the same cheerful tone when the clients exited the place. Jeno was watching the entire time, "Why are you so cute?"

 

"What?"

 

"Nothing!", Jeno's face turned red.Donghyuck wasn't supposed to hear that but he did. Embarrassed,he ran towards the locker rooms,not coming out until Johnny's arrives.

 

 

Donghyuck's third day at his new job was the same.Jeno was an hour early  and was hanging out at the front desk again. "Has anyone ever tell you you look like a baby pudu?"

Donghyuck giggled, "There has.I actually get that a lot"

 

"Oh",a shy smile creeped on Jeno's face. "Then...did you know that your smile is brighter than the sun?"

 

Donghyuck smiled wider, "No,really?"

 

The other's face turned a deeper shade of red, "Yeah, it's blinding.....I like it"

 

"Thanks Jeno", the tanned boy couldn't stop smiling after that.

 

 

On the fourth day, the cycle repeated, "Hey,do you have a map? I think I'm lost in your eyes"

 

"What?"

 

"I mean...pens! Do you have a pen?",Jeno laughed nervously.

 

 

As the gym neared closing time and all the clients have gone home, the employees prepared to close the place.It was then Johnny approached Donghyuck, "Jeno likes you"

 

"I'm aware"

 

"Are you gonna do anything about it?"

 

Donghyuck smiled mischievously, "maaayybe"

 

 

The next day,Donghyuck came prepared. "Before you say anything, I'm single",he said when Jeno approached the front desk. The latter suddenly look  flustered, "wha-why did you say that?"

 

Donghyuck smiled, "Thought you should know"

 

It was silent for a solid two minutes.Jeno was racking his brain to come up with a reply, "so.... there's this new cafe..."

 

Donghyuck sighed.The guy is taking too long and he's getting impatient, "yes Jeno, I would love to go out with you"

 

"Wait, really?",he looked surprised.

 

Donghyuck found it endearing how his eyes seemed to light up when Donghyuck said he was willing to go out with him. "Yeah, you're really cute and you like me so why not?"

 

Jeno replied,unsure, "Wait...are you sure you want-", before he could finish that sentence,Donghyuck leaned forward and left a short peck on his cheeks, "Yes,I'm sure.We can go after my shift ends.So,it's a date?",he smiled hopefully.

 

Jeno had spaced out, "yeah". Embarrased,he quickly ran to his safe haven, the locker rooms.Donghyuck laughed at how funny he's being.

 

If Johnny was calling for him to start their workout session,Jeno couldn't hear him.All he can hear is the adorable tanned boy's melodious laugh ringing in his ears and his own racing heartbeat.