Purpose

Four Season in Wonderland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Autumn in California

The sound of waves crashing in the distance. Gusts of wind that hit her face made Jessica's fingers move to tidy up her messy hair and tie it carelessly. From the balcony of her room she stared off in the distance where people spent the afternoon looking at the sunset. Jessica took a deep breath and felt the scent of the beach which made her feel calm. She always loved the beach. She liked how her feet sank into the warm sand in the morning. With a gust of wind accompanied by the waves that rolled to the coast to coast. She loved the atmosphere of the beach in the afternoon. Like what is now seen in her eyes that stares at the horizon where the sun will set.

Jessica likes everything about the beach. Especially if she does visit beach together with someone she loves. Which is now far from her.

Her lover.

Jessica took a deep breath and reached for the remaining wine in the glass. She did not want to get caught up in a gloomy feeling that would only ruin her mood.

She missed her lover.

After a few days choosing to be alone and away from Seoul is enough to make her feel calm. She was tired of her increasingly tight and pressing schedules. Not to mention the problematic project that is still running in court. All that made her sick and decided to calm herself here, in a private villa in the side coast of California.

"Are you okay?"

A voice that was so familiar made Jessica flinch and turn around. She snorted and brought the glass to her lips to sip the remaining wine. It is more appropriate to say that she's trying to hide the faint smile now engraved on her lips to find someone now accompanying her.

"I should have asked that question for you, Kim Taeyeon." Jessica grabbed the wine bottle and poured it back into the glass. "What are you doing here huh? Are you okay?"

Taeyeon chuckled at Jessica's voice tone. Cold tone that pretending to disturbed by Taeyeon's questions that have the opposite meaning. The younger girl is worried about her.

Seeing Taeyeon who didn't move from her place, Jessica moved her chin and asked Taeyeon to sit next to her. Taeyeon chirped and took place next to Jessica. With childish movements she throws her bag on the table and folds her legs on the sofa. Her hand took over the glass from Jessica's hand, she took a slow sip with her eyes closed and a satisfied smile. Just as she always did every time she let her tongue taste the wine from the glass.

For a moment Jessica's gaze could not be separated from Taeyeon who was still enjoying her drink with one hand that was busy changing her sitting position to find a more comfortable position. Jessica let it while maintaining a annoyed expression on her face. But she could not help smiling when she realized what Taeyeon was doing.

The sun had set, the sky was darkening and the wind felt cold against her face. Taeyeon's small body was seen sinking in the her beloved oversized hoodie. The gift Jessica gave at their first anniversary four years ago. The navy jeans that Taeyeon wore were hidden behind her hoodie, a habit that Taeyeon often did, bending her knees and hiding them in the clothes she was wearing, especially when she feels cold. Plus, the blue beanie that covered part of Taeyeon's head added even more points that made Jessica so eager to hold the older girl in her arms. Taeyeon looks so cute and sometimes makes her forget if the girl is a few weeks older than her.

"No kiss for me hmm?" Jessica's eyebrows raised as the minutes passed and the girl next to her did not look interested in her existence. Instead, Taeyeon went to filled up the wine glass and enjoyed it again.

"Even though I have crossed half of the world to meet her, my girlfriend does not look happy in my presence.” Contrary to the sadness that should be shown through her words, Taeyeon grinned. "I don't think you were happy with my visit."

Taeyeon put the wine glass on the table and turned her body towards Jessica.

"I want to leave this place as soon as I see the expression on your face like this." Taeyeon bent her face with pursed lips and narrowed eyes full of suspicion until her eyebrows almost linked.

Jessica laughed and shook her head seeing how Taeyeon was trying to mimic her expression. Hearing Jessica's laughter, Taeyeon's smile automatically popped on her face.

"Why are you laughing? Do I look adorable with the expression like that? If so, that's how I see you, both adorable and y. Ouch! You're so hot, Babe." She said with her hands that are now busy taking dried fruit on the plate.

"Stupid! No matter how bad my mood is, your presence is always-” Jessica's words stopped when something soft and moist touched her lips. In this close distance, Jessica can smell musk and citrus scent mixed with the natural scent of Taeyeon's body.

Her favorite scent.

"I miss you, Jung Sooyeon." Taeyeon said after the kiss. She smiled broadly when their eyes met and gave kisses on both cheeks and the tip of Jessica's nose.

"I miss you too, Babe." Jessica put her arm around Taeyeon's neck and pulled her closer to reunite their lips. This time is longer and deeper.

Blame the distance and time that makes them have to deal with the longing that has been kept in the safe place.

Their heart.

If they usually tend to maintain an attitude of professionalism in order to avoid the suspicious stares of netizens, this time Jessica chose not to care and ignored all mandatory. She tend to forget her responsibility and slowly moved to Taeyeon's lap with both hands that still held her girl tightly. Hugging her full as if to say 'don't go'. At least at this moment.

Instead, Jessica could feel the arms on her waist tighten the distance between them. Taeyeon's fingers moved slowly down on her spine. One smile between their kisses made Jessica wants more. She nibbled Taeyeon's lips alternately up and down and let the tip of her tongue trace the lips of her lover. She can taste the wine mixed with raisin on Taeyeon's lips. With one hand moving between the strands of Taeyeon's hair, her fingers gently massaged the back of the older girl's head. Taeyeon muttered. Not clear but enough to give Jessica a satisfied response. Jessica is no longer playing. She let her tongue slip between Taeyeon's lips shortly after she bit her lover's bottom lip and explored it. She the tongue and lips gently, still with one hand holding Taeyeon's nape, restrained the girl to move away. Jessica could not help smiling when she felt her lover's hand her face gently and kept moving down her jaw. She touch Jessica's left ear with some fingers slipping between the hair, untying her hair without removing their lips.

Although they had to let go of their lips because the needed of oxygen, a happy smile did not disappear from their faces. For some time they were still stealing kisses before Jessica finally chose to come down from Taeyeon's lap when she heard the girl's stomach growling.

"There's no wine until you finish your dinner. Did you forget what you promised me huh? No food, no wine.” Jessica grumbled after asking the chef at the villa to prepare the dinner. She pushed the wine glass away from Taeyeon's hand and patted her lap. Ask Taeyeon to lie down.

Once again Taeyeon obeyed. Without taking off her beanie, she lay on Jessica's lap.

"I'm by your side, you can take off your beanie," Jessica pulled the beanie on Taeyeon's head without waiting for the girl's answer.

Taeyeon pursed her lips but not protested and let Jessica do that. After all, Jessica was right. Taeyeon always uses gift from Jessica and even Jessica's handmade items. Especially if at that time they had to be apart long enough. It was not peculiar for Jessica when she heard the dating rumors that drew the name of Taeyeon. Taeyeon who for the past few months was seen using the same beanie naturally attracted the attention of netizens who feel suspicious.

"You knit this beanie with your hands. It's handmade, rare, and the only one in this world. I will always to wear it." Taeyeon gave a reason. "Besides, I feel like you keep patting dan my head when I wear it. That makes me comfortable."

"Now I can do it directly without needing the beanie." Jessica's hand began to move Taeyeon's head on her lap, massaging her scalp.

"Do I have to take the hoodie off too?" Taeyeon asked with a meaningful smile and made Jessica poke the girl's forehead.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter