Missing

Hire Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arriving at Joy's apartment took them a little longer because of the traffic. The area was also dim and gloomy as Wendy described it. The headlight was the only source of light around. Wendy parked close by the trash, her favorite parking spot just because it was convenient for Joy in the morning. And also because it reminded her of when she first drove to Joy's place while the latter was too busy fondling her. She put the engine to a stop before gazing at the girl who was deep in her slumber. Ah, Joy was prettier when she's sleeping only because she's not frowning, she thought. Wendy took a breath of relief when she unclasped her seatbelt just before her eyes fell outside the window. It was dark, seeing was a problem especially because she didn't have the best eyesight but there was one thing she was sure of. That the couch that was sitting right next to the dumpster was Joy's

She stepped out of Joy's car and examined the figure and she was right. It wasn't just the couch but also Joy's clothes and other stuff. Holy . Had Wendy been evicted? She quickly walked towards Joy's side and gently opened the door, taking Haetnim carefully in her arms. She watched Joy sleep for a second, debating whether she should just wait for Joy to wake up or just do it herself, it kind of type. She leaned closer to Joy, enough for her to get a whiff of Joy's scent. God, I'm so weird, Wendy thought but she didn't move away and continued to watch Joy sleep for a little bit.

"Joy." Wendy shook the girl a little. Joy looked almost angelic until she glared at Wendy after having her sleep ruined. "Sorry," Wendy gnawed her cheeks, "I think the landlord kicked you out of your apartment." Joy just stared at her for a moment, too tired to work her heard properly, too tired to process whatever Wendy said but as seconds went by, Wendy watched Joy's wince turn into a realization. The girl's eyes widened, almost panicked.

. How could she forget? Joy thought. She should've seen this coming. But ever since Wendy came, she had been so distracted, a mess, she would call herself and suddenly she felt like she was too focused on money this and money that so let me live in your apartment in exchange and the sweet scent that kept lingering even though unwanted. They were all there. The unwanted thoughts when she would be working. The scent was there when she would wake up and suddenly she wasn't really thinking about the fact that anytime soon she might be evicted and anytime was tonight.

Joy jolted out of her car leaving Wendy alone with Haetnim. Wendy was unsure how to react so she decided to just stay in the car and wait. She couldn't help but worry. If Joy is evicted, then that means they would end up homeless. Wendy would then probably ask her to leave. Who wants more problems other than being homeless with your dog, right? Not Joy, she thought. Plus Wendy didn't think Joy like her. She couldn't blame the girl. She pitied her but she'd rather not admit. She knew Joy hated having people pity her.

Joy needed to come up with something to convince her landlady. She now stood in front of Remi's office-her landlord, as impatiently fidgeted around. She could hear the tv blasting from the inside. Probably some show from Adult Swim, because Remi was already heard cackling. She knocked three times before deciding to twist the rusty doorknob. She slowly swang the door open and there sat Remi enjoying a burger and a soda. Remi just looked at her as if she was expecting Joy to show up.

"Hey, can we talk?" she asked calmly. Remi just chewed on her food, drank her soda and didn't even bother to lower down the volume of her tv.

"Oh, you're back?" Remi said nonchalantly as if there wasn't to talk about but either way, Joy was desperate. If she had to plead, she would. She was just waiting for the right moment if there was one

"Is there no way to talk this out?" Remi took the last bite of her burger before throwing the wrapper away. She loudly sipped her soda, gargling it before swallowing. "Three days. Or two, I don't mind." Joy fiddled with her fingers. She wanted to say more but she couldn't. She's always hated asking for something. She's always been very awkward about it and this time she was making an effort and for what specifically? Well, it's just how it was. Remi kept the same face: unbothered and the obvious sign of nonchalance. Joy felt hopeless. What was she expecting? Begging wouldn't do her any good. If it wasn't for Wendy she would've taken her stuff and left with Haetnim. Maybe end up in Irene's bed in the morning or maybe Yeri's couch. Tonight, she was looking forward, if that was the right word, to have Wendy sleep in her bed because she knew how much Wendy loves sleeping in her bed. The problem was that she had always been so grouchy when Wendy would insist and so Wendy had no choice but to slide into her sheets when Joy would be deep in her slumber.

Remi turned off her television. She took a cup from her cupboard, placed it gently on one of the countertops. "Would you mind closing the door for me?" Joy looked behind her, unsure despite being asked what to do. "Do you like coffee or tea?" Remi asked. Joy just gazed at the window. This is gonna be a long night. She thought.

"Yes, coffee would be good, thank you." and then she wondered if Wendy would be alright waiting in the cold. She hoped this to be over quickly so she won't have the woman wait any longer for her.

...

"Haetnim, are you hungry?" Haetnim just looked at her. Right, she won't respond, she's a dog. But she wasn't expecting one. She was used to it. Talking to herself or just talking to absolutely no one when she was bored. She was done putting Joy's stuff in the trunk, some were in the backseat. Joy didn't have much stuff which was a relief but at the same time, she felt bad. She wondered if she'd been a bother to the girl. She felt sorry.

Looking outside the window, Joy came out of the building. She was walking casually and Wendy couldn't read the expression plastered on her face. Joy got in the car, turned the engine on, and started driving quietly. Wendy watched her, hoping she'd get information. But Joy just drove in silence. Wendy hated it. It was silent and for some reason, she hated not knowing what went down inside with the landlord. She played Joy's cassette and she thought it was funny how she immediately recognized the song that played. Maybe she was just as boomer as Joy

"Where are we going?" she asked, head-bopping to The Doobie Brothers. Joy glanced at her, distracted. Wendy smiled and Joy rolled her eyes.

"My friend." Wendy didn't have to ask. She knew the situation Joy was in. It was foolish to force Joy to talk it out so she knew it was better to stay quiet and just enjoy Joy's cassette.

She had a place in his life

He never made her think twice

It was weird for Joy. She expected Wendy to ask what took her so long inside. Maybe she was a little used to hearing Wendy ask her questions that she was disappointed that Wendy just kept quiet and played with Haetnim's fur. Why does she even pay more attention to her dog tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter