Remind Me

Hire Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a burning sensation in when she woke up. Her head was throbbing with pain and she could still taste the alcohol and a slight taste of sweetness, almost unrecognizable. Last night's memories were a blur, her eyes were hardly open, her body felt heavy and the usual scent of vanilla pumpkin wasn't present. It was replaced by something of a different kind of sweet.t The scent was trying to convince her to recall last night's happenings but it didn't come easy for her. By the time she was able to open her eyes, her vision was blurry but she knew one thing for sure. She was in her room as she could recognize the familiar feeling of her velvet blanket, her bed, her pillow. But something felt off and she wasn't so sure what. Must be the weight she felt on her chest.

She tried looking around the room, her head still a little bit hazy. What the happened last night? She thought. She wondered how she drove home. Was it Yeri? Was it the bartender? She sure hoped it wasn't. Her head hurt and she didn't have the strength to get up but then she felt something on her chest.

Wait.

She felt something wrapped around her body that was getting tighter and warmer. And that familiar feeling, soft flesh against her body, that nice sweet smell. The scent that was trying to remind her of that euphoric feeling, a taste that replaced the alcohol in , and just how did she end up in her house.

She laid down there, still, trying her hardest to recall what might've happened last night. Irene in her car, teasing her. Yeri gave her advice at the bar. Jimmy Eat World played. The creepy bartender then what happened next?

She wanted to look down but she was scared to find out who she ended up in bed. She was scared to find herself and then she felt a face buried in her neck. Little by little, she remembered the beat of the song while she was rocking with someone somewhere in the club.

More than just a dream

La la la la la la. She tried to hum the tune in her head. Yes. She remembered the music. Not too much as she was slowly losing herself along with the whispers and tension last night.

She looked down her body, her velvet blanket draped on her body but something wasn't supposed to be there. Arms and legs hugged her body, tight, she almost panicked when she recognized the blonde right next to her. It's the woman! . No. There's no way! She tried to calm herself down when her breathing started to get heavy.

Just then the woman woke up from her slumber, stretching both her arms and her legs as she made weird noises and Joy just looked at her in disbelief.

"Good morning..." she greeted with a warm smile, her cheeks a little bit red from the cold, maybe, or from the warmth of Joy's neck, Joy didn't care because before the woman could say anything again, Joy has already completely lost it and ran, hiding in the bathroom.

She quickly dialed Yeri's number and it didn't take a long time for Yeri to pick up.

"Did you drop me off last night?" she asked, tone panicked. Yeri didn't respond as she was completely confused. Joy was acting weird and she didn't know if she should be worried or just assume that the girl's still drunk.

"No? When I came back with Irene, you weren't at the bar anymore so I assumed you paid your drink and just went home... Are you... okay? Did something happen?" Joy remained silent. She just looked at herself in the mirror. She looked like a mess. Sure, she had clothes on: her white shirt and her boyshorts, but she also had some fresh hickies. Not 1, not 2, but 6 ing hickies and she didn't know how to feel. There's no single memory of how she got home and how things went down. She stood there, dazed, Yeri waiting for her to respond.

"Oh my god! Am I thinking about what I'm thinking? Joy, did you have a one night stand???" Yeri jolted from her seat, dropping her pancakes on the cold floor. The next thing Joy heard was the girl screaming from the other end of the line before she ended the call. Now what? She was not gonna stay there all day and the woman didn't seem to be leaving anytime soon so she just washed her face with cold water hoping that it would help calm her down. The clock read 3:00 pm and she was already too late for work. She sighed with a slight annoyance and sure she had calmed down a little but she didn't know how she'll react by the time she opens the door to confront the woman.

When she decided to come out, the woman wasn't on the bed and when she searched for her, she was in the kitchen eating the boiled eggs that she found on the fridge and Joy just watched her in disbelief. The woman continued to peel the eggs, oblivious that Joy was watching her. Joy fake coughed to get her attention.

"Oh hey, sorry, I'm starving." the woman said casually before putting the whole piece in . "Do you want some?" Joy walked towards her carefully, scrutinized the way she struggled to chew the egg and swallow. The woman started to cough until she was choking on the egg. Joy watched her in awe. The woman is pretty even when choking. What? No. This wasn't the time to be thinking of that. For God's sake, Joy didn't even know her and now Joy was already having weird thoughts.

Joy shook her head to snap out of it, she quickly ran to get the girl a glass of water which the woman gulped down in a rush. The woman's cheeks were painted with a pretty hue of red. Joy watched her pant as she took a second to compose herself in front of Joy before she smiled at her as if nothing happened.

"Thanks, I have a problem with swallowing." Joy didn't say anything and just stood in front of the woman, blushing at the unusual comment. Well, not unusual. Joy was just being weird in her head. The woman just leaned on the kitchen counter as she looked back at the blushing girl.

"Hey, Joy. Good afternoon. So ughh I know I said good morning when I woke up but I didn't know it was this late, so yea, good afternoon. Also, I had a really good sleep after like, I don't know, weeks? But yeah. How are you?" Joy's eyebrows twitched. She sure did talk a lot and that wasn't the problem. The problem was that she was wearing a white laced bra in this whether and black shorts? Was she crazy? And not to mention, this outfit was very distracting and she didn't know whether to hate or love it.

"I'm Joy." Joy stated as if the woman didn't know already and the blonde just giggled at her.

"You are Joy. I am completely aware."

"How did you know that?"

"Well you see, Joy, I am a good listener and I happened to be around when I overheard your conversation with the bartender. It seemed to like you didn't quite enjoy his presence." Joy looked at her weirdly by the way she talked. She made a lot of hand gestures and that damned smile stayed on that pretty face of hers.

"What's your name?" Joy asked the woman just smirked at her this time, teasingly, as she walked towards her.

"You need to stop asking my name," the woman said.

"What do you mean?" Joy asked as shook her head.

"Oh please, you've asked me that question for the nth time. You really don't remember anything, do you?"

"No?"

"Well, that's too bad." the woman walked towards her bed while Joy just eyed her.

The woman picked up her button-down shirt before she put it on. She looked around Joy's place, raised her shoulders before she dropped it while she sighed. Joy didn't understand the action and she let the silence take over while she watched Wendy button her white shirt.

"I'm Wendy. You can call me whatever. You can call me babe, hun, sweetie, love, or just Wendy." then she smiled teasingly.

"Yeah, Wendy's fine with me."

"Boring." Wendy pouted at her.

"Are you not gonna tell me what happened last night?"

"You're not being specific, Joy."

"Everything."

"That isn't too specific." Joy grunted, she stomped her way towards the woman who claimed that her name was Wendy and now she stood just right in front of her. She inhaled for about five seconds, eyes closed as she tried to clear her mind then exhaled for a good seven seconds before she opened her eyes to look Wendy straight in the eyes.

"How did we get here?" Joy started.

"Simple. You have a car, I can drive, you have your ID, I can read, and yeah."

"I gave you my ID?"

"Yes."

"Why would I do that?"

"You didn't seem to care last night plus, you were VERY EAGER." Joy blushed at the reply. She wasn't remembering anything. Wendy laughed at her when the latter noticed the rush of blood in her cheeks.

"Can you explain the hickies?"Joy swallowed. Wendy crossed her arm and closed one eye, pretending to think.

"Yeah, I did that. Aren't they pretty?" Wendy said as she smiled playfully at her.

"Please, you're not helping."

"But I like your work better."

"What do you mean?" Joy raised a brow at the woman but what Wendy did almost gave Joy a heart attack. She spread her legs open right in front of Joy, adjusting her shorts lower to show her the marks she was referring to. "I told you to stop but you didn't. Not like I care though." she shrugged as if it was nothing while Joy was left flustered. "You got any more questions?" Wendy added as she slowly closed her legs. Joy didn't take her eyes away off Wendy's thighs and the latter found herself smiling.

"D-did I do that?" Joy asked, jittery. She's capable of doing that? She wasn't born yesterday. She knew how these kinds of things work but the fact that she couldn't remember anything at all almost scared her. With a woman who she didn't even know who tried to "save" her, drove her car to her apartment, and then they ended up doing THAT? She was late for work and she had another shift at 8 pm, the blonde woman or Wendy, is lying on her bed comfortably like she was planning to stay there for a while. But Joy never took her eyes off her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter