Chapter - 3

Sapphire Blue

 

Baekhyun's POV

*Knock Knock*

"Yes?"

I say as I look towards the door and see my dad come in.

"Dad!"

I say excitedly as I close my laptop.

He smiles in return as he sits on the bed.

"Baekhyun-ah, your dad is going on a business trip tomorrow and I need your help on something."

He says as he waits for me to reply.

"What help do you need, dad? I will surely help you out."

I say as I look towards him.

"So, here's the thing. As you know I'll be going on a business trip, which means that the company would not be having their CEO present at that time."

I listen to him attentively as I wait for him to continue.

"And I've been noticing a few things which are making me worry. It's like this, I think there's someone who's trying to destroy my reputation as the CEO of the company. So, I can't leave my company alone on a business trip."

"Dad, that's a really serious situation but don't worry I'll help you with anything I can, to relieve you from this situation."

He smiles as he pats my head lovingly and speaks

"Of course, I need your help son. I want you to be the temporary CEO of the company while I'm gone."

"Then I'll do my best dad!"

********************************

At the company

"Jessica, I want you to show me the statistics of the recent purchases that have been made under the company name and the new products that have been recently launched."

I told my PA Jessica as I studied the files kept on my desk for further approvals on projects.

It has been a while since I have arrived in the office and I recall that dad said that someone's been destroying the company's name. Before I could decide anything, Jessica returns with the files I asked her before.

"Thank you, Jessica, and please schedule a meeting with Chairman Lee in the cafe Blue Darts."

"Ok, Sir."

"Then, you may leave now."

I say as I start reading the files Jessica brought. "I don't see any problem with the data." I thought.

So, I look around my office as I look at the different items and various books kept on the shelf. Soon I get bored so I go back to my seat but then I see a silver thing below my chair stuck at the bottom near the front. I stoop down as I take it out from where it is stuck and look at it closely."Oh, so this device is the reason that made dad's company suffer." I thought as I study it closely again.

"I can't say anything wrong or else the other person listening through this might get suspicious," I thought. 

I look at it for a few more minutes when a sudden idea pops inside my head. I ring Jessica as she enters my office.

"Anything you need, Sir?"

"Yes, please bring me a cup of coffee That's all."

I say but as she nods and is about to leave I sign her to come forward. I sign her with her fingers to not say anything as I type on my phone and show it to her. She nods and then she leaves.

It's been 5 minutes since I've told Jessica to cancel the meeting with Chairman Lee and to a later date in some other restaurant. I look at the chip as I think to hack this device. After a minute of trying, I am still unable to hack so I look for further ways to hack but still, it keeps failing for some reason. So, I decided to take a break of 5 minutes to think of more ways to handle it.

After 5 minutes, I was ready to hack it again when I heard chaos outside my office. I called Jessica to know about it as she came quickly.

"What is going on outside?"

"Sir, there's been a visitor saying that he wants to meet you and we told him that he needs to have an appointment first but he's not listening to us and creating chaos by shouting your name loudly."

She says as drops of sweat cover her forehead.

I look at her and feel sorry as she's been working hard a lot so I tell her to take 30 minutes break and to send the person inside my office.

She thanks me and leaves quickly.

As soon as she leaves the door is opened and I look up and to say I am shocked would be an understatement

"YOU?!!"

I say as my eyes widen.

"Yes, me."

He speaks as he shrugs his shoulders and chuckles.

I decided to mask my shock as I ask in a monotone voice

"What do you want, Chanyeol?"

I see his eyes lit up and I think " Did I said something funny?"

"You"

He says as he smiles like a kid who'd won a lottery.

I hide my shock as I speak

"Sorry, that's not available. Anything else?"

He taps his chin as if thinking very hard.

"Nope, I only want you."

He says as a final answer and I shrug.

"As I said, that's not available. You may leave now"

He pouts and then leans forward on the table making me lean back. He smiles at my reaction as he leans more towards me and whispers near my ear

"Are you sure he's not available?"

I gulp at the closeness as I regain myself and speak

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Hmph, too bad then.. guess I'll come another day for him then"

He speaks softly near my ear and I can feel him smiling while saying.

I try to move my chair backward but he holds my chair quickly as he leans forwards again making my breath hitch. He smiles as he turns his head to look at my screen 

"Oh? What are you hacking?"

"None of your business."

I speak.

"Did you hack it successfully?"

He asks ignoring my reply.

"Are you done? If you have nothing else to speak then leave."

I say as I wait for him to leave as I try to avoid the proximity.

He turns his head towards me and looks straight into my eyes and then stands straight as he fixes is coat.

I look at him and wait for him to leave but then he doesn't. Instead, he goes around my table making me panic at what he's going to do but before I can get up from my seat, he's standing in front of me.

I look up at him and he goes behind my chair and I turn my head towards the back and ask

"What are you doing?!"

He says nothing instead he moves forwards and I quickly turn my head in front to avoid him come close to me again. I feel his arms around me as they reach for the keyboard on the table and then he starts typing quickly while placing his head on my shoulder and I try to move away but then I am interrupted by him whispering near my ear

"Don't move."

I freeze on my spot as a reaction from the sudden proximity. He smiles and then continues typing again making me curious about what he's doing, so I quickly look towards the screen and I am impressed.

He's able to crack that chip. 

My eyes sparkle as I look at the way he hacks the device and I get excited.

"Wow! You're amazing!"

I say with full of excitement.

"Well, I can hack a few devices so I thought to give this one a try."

He speaks near my ear again and once again I am reminded of our proximity as I try to stop myself from blushing. 

"All done!"

He speaks as he interrupts my train of thoughts.

"Oh my! You did it! That's awesome, Mr.Park."

I smile as I look towards him. 

He turns towards me and suddenly pecks my cheek making me push him away as I hold my cheek with my hand. 

He smirks at my reaction and speaks 

"I am glad you liked my performance and don't call me Mr. Park, it's Chanyeol for you. "

Before I can protest, he's quick as he leaves the office. I look at the door and then I remember what happened just a few seconds ago and my cheeks start warming up at the memory.

I shook my head quickly to come out of the shock as I focus back on my work.

______________________________________________________________________

BonuS ScenE:

*A Sneak Peak for the next chapter*

Baekhyun: Hey! Chanyeol!! PUT ME DOWN!

Chanyeol: ...

Baekhyun: Put me down this instant Chanyeol!

Chanyeol: No I won't, and stop moving or else I'll spank your .

Baekhyun: YOU WILL WHAT?!!

_______________________________________________________________________

A/N:

No proofread. So, if you find any mistake pls do mention it :)

English is not my first language so I will try to improve my work little by little for my readers.

I think I'll provide a character description soon for a better understanding.

 Please stay safe and healthy. <3