One of a kind Christmas Gift

Ohana
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

24th December 2023, Sunday

Seongsu-dong, Seongdong-gu, Seoul 

8.48am

 

“Hey babe….hey, wake up” I felt someone tapping on my shoulders. Didn’t get any response from me, he moves his fingers, slightly tracing my nose with his soft touch trying to tickling me in effort to wake me up. 

 

“Mmmmmm…. what is it honey?” I said lazily because honestly I am still so sleepy and tired. And this husband of mine is trying to break the sweetest dream that I had just now.

 

“Babe, I’m sorry but I gotta go and meet up with Mr Fujiwara…..”

 

“But it’s Christmas Eve, Ji….”

“Yes I know but he’ll be going back to Japan this evening so I got to finalized things up with him. Plus you told me to take the days off until New Year. So I have to finish things up before I could leave them for a week. Okay?” with puppy eyes, pouting lips, he tried to persuade me. But basically it is because he feel guilty because he will leave us on Christmas Eve.

 

“Mmkay… but promise me you will be back before dinner. If not then don’t even dream to step into this house for the whole week!” I said trying to close my eyes again to catch a few more minutes of sleep.

 

“Promise ! By the way….” I could feel the left side of the bed is sinking in and I could feel his warm breath tickling my face.

“Aren’t you going to wake up? It’s… *kiss*… almost… *kiss*… 9… * kiss*.. in the morning babe. It’s rare to see you wake up later than 8 tho.” He said while approaching me trying to steal another kiss from me. I pushed his face away with my palm. Totally annoyed with what he’s doing.

 

“I don’t know but I feel so tired.”

“Yeah I can see that you always tired these past few days. Is there anything wrong going on?” he said while caressing my face.

 

“Nothing…. its just that yesterday was quite a long day. I went out to meet with Yuri and Sunny along with Jiho. Then we went to buy some Christmas gift then we went somewhere else..” I said looking lazily into his eyes.

 

“Well I didn’t know you went to that ‘somewhere else’ with Jiho yesterday?” he asked curiously because I didn’t mention to him where did I go with Jiho yesterday on the phone. I only told him that we’re going for shopping.

 

“So where did you go?”

“Well…. somewhere. Do you want some breakfast before you go?” I try to change the subject because there is no way I would tell him where did we went yesterday. Not until tonight. It will be a surprise for him.

 

“Nahhh you said you’ve been so tired lately so rest up. I will grab something on the way to the meeting.” He grinned stupidly in front of me. Stealing another kiss from me, he rushed to the bathroom to get ready.

 

12.50 pm

After feeding Jiho and Zero their late breakfast and early lunch, I took out some boxes and the main decoration for the Christmas tree out to the living room. We’ve set up the tree for a while but we never have the time to decorate it. But today, by hook or by crook I have to finish decorating it because it will be a very special Christmas for our family this year. Usually we would spend the Christmas Eve just among us then we will spend the Christmas day with our family.

 

“Jiho-ya…. would you like to help mummy decorate the Christmas tree?” I asked my 31 months old baby boy whose eating the gingerbread cookie quietly on the living room floor.

 

“Yeyy !! Kismes twee !! Mummy hewp!!” he said ethusiastically with somewhat like an alien language.

 

“We’re gonna surprise daddy when he get home okay? So let’s decorate it nicely. And mummy still have to bake your daddy’s favourite banana muffins. You my boy…” while pointing at him.

 

“You gotta stop eating that cookie. Leave some for daddy okay?”

 

Jiho grinning sheepishly knowing how big appetizer he is. This is one trait of Jiho that made me and Jiyong confused because we don’t even know from who he get it from. Jiho seem to be like a food fighter. He loves to eat. Which is totally different from me and Jiyong.

 

“Baby take out your dinosaurs and Uncle Jack. Let’s put them down under the tree.” 

 

With that, his tiny feet steps quickly into his room and later he came out with bundles of dinosaur dolls and Uncle Jack is barely hanging between his little fingers. Putting down the dolls and presents under the tree, I took out the main character for the night. Clipping it on the middle of the tree, turn on the LED lights and Voila !!! 

 

The Christmas tree looks so beautiful. The star shine brightly on top of the tree. The Christmas gift crowded at the bottom with Jiho’s dinosaurs and Uncle Jack. And lastly, my favourite part. The black and white ultrasound scan showing a fetus in size just of a sweet pea with lights shine around it. My little sweet pea. Jiyong will be so happy when he sees this. Well yeah…that is the surprise. 

 

“Wahhhhh !! Mummy… yook yook !! Its pewtty!” Jiho whose been standing in front of the tree was in awe the moment I turn on the lights. Picking him up, I kissed his chubby cheeks. Suddenly I felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter